Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Map of swimming pools in Dublin

• 24-09-2008 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭andywozhere

I'm putting together a map of swimming pools in Dublin, I have got 17 in so far, but I'm sure there are a lot more. If anyone has any suggestions of pools I'll try and put them up too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

There's one in Portmarnock.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Trinity Sports and Leisure Club. 25M pool. The Hole In The Wall Road. Donaghmede. D 13

Portmarnock Sports and Leisure Centre. Blackwood Lane (near junction with upper carrickhillroad), Portmarnock, County Dublin.

Total Fitness "Malahide", beside Clarehall Shopping Centre, Malahide Road near N32 Junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭andywozhere

There's one in Portmarnock.

Think I have that now, it's number 13. Working on the rest.

I think I have all of the above now, wasn't too sure if I got the location for the one in Malahide correct though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Total Fitness "Malahide" is miles from Malahide it's on the Malahide road at Clarehall opposite the Darndale Airport Hilton.

If you look at the end of the M50 it meets the N32 - follow the N32 down to the Malahide road. total Fitness is on the bottom right hand corner of the crossroad with the malahide road.

fatness.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

westwood clontarf
    trinity college dublin
    westpoint blanchardstown

Great map. Don't suppose you'd do a Cork version (smiles nicely)?

Some here you don't have I think.

Total Fitness "Malahide" is miles from Malahide it's on the Malahide road at Clarehall opposite the Darndale Airport Hilton.

Think I have it on the right location now.
    westwood clontarf
    trinity college dublin
    westpoint blanchardstown

Great map. Don't suppose you'd do a Cork version (smiles nicely)?

Thanks hunnymonster, will try and get to these soon. Would love to do a Cork version, but hard to get enough hours in the day to cover Dublin... maybe further down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Theres one in Jackie Skellys swords. (more a creche than a usable pool)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

thanks andywoz here. Do you mind if we stickie this all the same. Would be a useful resource for people.

thanks andywoz here. Do you mind if we stickie this all the same. Would be a useful resource for people.

Sure that would be great. I'll try and update it as I go along. I suppose it might be worth noting that they are not all public pools, so it might be an idea to give them a bell before you turn up.

I'm up to 25 pools and counting. I reckon there probably won't be more than 50 in total. If people can try and keep me right when it comes to locations it would also be great, sometimes it can be tricky to get the marker in the right spot.

Some here you don't have I think.
    Don't forget these.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

heres one that I don't think you have on the map Tallagh Leisure Centre http://www.tallaghtleisure.com/ - Fortunestown Way, Tallaght, Dublin 24

Don't forget these.

I think that list is a bit out of date, some of them appear to have closed. I got some more from the Dublin City council . If you can tell me anyones I've missed that are definitely open it would be appreciated.

ps... I put the Crumlin Pool marker at the big building beside the pitches, is this right?

I didn't put the Rathmines one in as I know it's under construction.

Have Tallaght Leisure up too!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stephenc_ie

Theres a few more:

Guinness Pool (Watling Street and James Gate)
    Citywest
    Liffey Valley Fitness (Coldcut Road near B&Q)
    Total Fitness Blanchardstown (N3/M50 Junction)
    St Joseph's School For The Deaf (Navan Road, opposite Hampton Green)

there's probably a few more I've been in but I can't think right now.....

breakfast first

Theres a few more:

Guinness Pool (Watling Street and James Gate)
    Citywest
    Liffey Valley Fitness (Coldcut Road near B&Q)
    Total Fitness Blanchardstown (N3/M50 Junction)
    St Joseph's School For The Deaf (Navan Road, opposite Hampton Green)

there's probably a few more I've been in but I can't think right now.....

breakfast first

Thanks Stephen. Might not get around to doing these for a bit, but if people keep on putting up suggestions I'll get around to them eventually :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Jackie Skelly on Clarendon Street in the city centre also has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭jlang

There's a 25m pool at Crunch Fitness in Westmanstown (between Clonsilla and Lucan) and also at the gym at the Castleknock Hotel, Porterstown Rd. Members only in both as far as I know.

Also school pools in...
    Marian College
    Terenure College
    Templeogue College
    (think these are mostly open to the public for at least some hours each wk)
    Blackrock College
    Castleknock College
    (not sure about these last two)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭paulieeye

here: http://www.regencyleisureclub.com/contact-us.html

they got the map wrong I think, last time I was there it was at the corner of Griffith Ave and Swords Rd, not Collins Ave and Swords Rd..weird

• Advertisement

paulieeye wrote: »
    here: http://www.regencyleisureclub.com/contact-us.html

they got the map wrong I think, last time I was there it was at the corner of Griffith Ave and Swords Rd, not Collins Ave and Swords Rd..weird

I'm a bit confused on that one too, they've a marker on Google maps which seems to be in the middle of a building site/motorway.

I've added a few of the other ones, however I'm not sure what is the deal with the Guinness Pool on Watling Street... it might be closed or is only used by clubs. Anyway I phoned and couldn't get through.

From their websites, it doesn't look like the pools at Blackrock College or Castleknock College are open to the public. I didn't add St Joseph's School For The Deaf either... there was a reason but I can't remember at the moment, I think they might be clubs only too.

Basically I'm only listing pools that are public pools or if you join up somewhere (ie gyms).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 paulgreene

I've done sth as well
    http://www.awaycity.com/wiki/Dublin/Swimming
    I know this is quite a hard job and hope it will help
    regards,

Nice map, I'm sure there are few in there that I haven't got, thanks! I like the icons too, I would like to have had different icons too, but unfortunately it's a bit of a one size fits all at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 paulgreene

paulgreene wrote: »
    I've done sth as well
    http://www.awaycity.com/wiki/Dublin/Swimming
    I know this is quite a hard job and hope it will help
    regards,

I've added a rating functionality on awaycity, so if you like your swimming pool, don't hesitate to click on the stars at the top :D, otherwise the bad rating will warn the others... for example Newpark was not so clean, so I put only 2 stars. And no need to login to rate, just a single click! Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Stewarts Hospital have a public pool in palmers town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭nevershutsup

hey really good map as swimming is the only sport i like and enjoy...

can i just say you dont have northwood health and fitness in northwood business campus on santry lane next to bally mun road... straight up from ballymun pool and turn right after day's hotel...

and the location of st vincents pool is wrong you have it located at the boys secondary school in glasnevin it is actually on the navan road not sure exactly where ...

thanks for the map. incentive to get fit...

Thanks Mellor and Nevershutsup. I hope I have Stewarts Hospital and Northwood on the right spots. I'm surprised that Northwood don't seem to have a website. I'm pretty sure St Vincents CBS is in Glasnevin (see www.swimmingpool.ie). The De Paul pool on the Navan road #13 on the map) is also called St Vincents though, so that is probably where the confusion lies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Crunch Fitness Premier on the Aston Quay has a pool.

Also pretty sure the following hotels have pools.

The Clarion Hotel in the IFSC Sanovitae

Four Seasons Hotel, Simmonscourt Road, Dublin 4,
    http://www.fourseasons.com/dublin/pool.html

The Merrion Hotel - On Merrion St

The Shelbourne Hotel

The Camden Court Hotel

Citywest Hotel Dublin

Regency Dublin Hotel

The Quality Hotel Dublin City - on Rogerson's Quay

Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel located in Kiliney

Lynch Green Isle Hotel is located at Newland's Cross

Finnstown Country House - Newcastle Road, Lucan, Dublin

Thanks MementoMori... keeping me busy! Will get around to these over the next few days hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 The D.C Swan

Does anyone know if there is a Public pool in Sandymount???

Advertisement