Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to register motorcycle club??

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭goblin59

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Been out of that for a while thankfully had some great laughs at people's stupidity, the amount of random notes you find on the ground is unreal too.

I remember laffyetes or however you spell it actually got shut down for a week over noise complaints before the button factory started getting loads or around the same time.

There was some seriously stupid complaints put in, mate ya live over/ beside a nightclub/ venue what do you honestly expect.

I'd rather a club noise for 4 hours than a 2 stroke for the same length though.

Definitely seen some random **** alright!
    Got a complaint against me on metal ireland before, someone took great offense that I wouldn't hand them a set list and instead gave it to one of the girls.
    not sure what the **** he was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 podko1

I can't believe what I'm reading here... I actually created an account just to put my 2p here...

What is sad, is the mentality of some... Motocross, quad, mountain biking etc etc does not really matter what it is...as soon as it is outside of the "norm" it is considered to be dangerous, visited by scumbags, anti-social and so on..

It is unbelievable to see the regress that this country is doing in terms of sporting facilities to accommodate the same - oh hold on! as long as it is GAA or Rugby it's OK (this is sarcasm I like rugby!) and there is such a talent and interest in other sports. There used to be so many BMX tracks around teh country - all gone, there used to be monkey ropes style small little business in forests and so on so on...

Seeing the way the insurance companies are getting rid off everything including playgrounds! is really terrible.

But seeing people actually talking nonsense is even worse! I wonder how many of those posting the negative comments actually visited any of these places! Have you ever gone mountain biking, tried an off-road motorbike race etc.? Don't be silly posting hate here only because you find it amazing! Get out and experience, then you're entitled to comment!

Few more years with this approach and there will be nothing left in Ireland and the rest ruined by insurance and people with lot of land bringing it all to their grave....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

podko1 wrote: »
    Seeing the way the insurance companies are getting rid off everything including playgrounds! is really terrible. .

Why do you think this is though?

You, me, folks on here, relatives, friends, work colleagues - happy to appear mild-mannered and above reproach on an internet forum, yet very happy to be ruthless in pursuit of whimsical personal claims, inventing/amplifying injuries/effects, and determined to get "what they deserve".

What insurance company wants to bear that??

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

We are pretty close to electric dirt bikes, They will be quiet. Yup, it will take a while till there are cheaper ones out there, and 2nd hand, but it will come. That at least removes the noise problem.

If you can work with coilte to offer to clean up and ride in the fire breaks that should actually help them as nothing could grow there if enough bikes go through each week or 2.

I love a bit of a ramble off road on a bike, and have gone to Spain to ride on the TET trails. No litter, no torn up ground. Superb. Wish we could do similar here.

I think you have an uphill struggle, but I wish you the best with it.
    Merv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

The bikes themselves would be a fire risk to the forests.

Anyway, insurance will put a stop to it. Coillte would laugh such a proposal out the door. And rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Farmers burning gorse is the perennial wild-fire risk.

Motorsport venues are equipped with safety equipment and procedures.

Advertisement