Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fancies For Today III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Leopardstown E/W Shots
    13:05 Fakiera
    14:10 Franco De Port
    14:45 Emily Moon
    15:50 Advanced Virgo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭zimmermania

None for Leopardstown Zimmer?

No i had no interest in LEOP,i heard nothing and did not pay any attention to it.

I was told to back one tomorrow,it would not have been my first choice to win the race so i am looking at the race to see what i can make out of the information (totally genuine) i received.

I will put it up regardless and boardies can make up their own minds i just want to look at the race a bit more to see if i can justify backing the horse.

None for Leopardstown Zimmer?[/QUOT

Melon is fancied in the big race today,I was dubious about the trip but I am told he is in the form of his life and well fancied.3.40 Leop 4 to 1.
    I fancy Pearl Of Qatar in the 4.35 at Southwell,the 6 furlong trip will suit better than the 5 last time and she should win.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gillamandango

Melon may not have been good enough, but was ridden never to win that race. Held up, and then how wide do ya want to come around the home turn. Hmmmm

• Advertisement

PP goes 4 places in the AW bumperat Kempton at 2.50 and i give a good chance to ROSE OF AGHABOE who won one of these a month ago when she outstayed the 2nd over 2 miles having travelled wide all the way, niggled along a good way out and getting up for her rider who did not look the strongest in the saddle but has ridden the mare to win a few races.

A star for her owner she has won on the flat,over hurdles, over fences and has also won a point to point,she has won over 2 miles and over 3 miles one furlong and the 2 furlongs extra tomorrow compared to her last run will help and she is the type to keep on galloping.

At 11/2 4 places she is an ew bet to get her head in front again.

Melon may not have been good enough, but was ridden never to win that race. Held up, and then how wide do ya want to come around the home turn. Hmmmm

The HMMM is suggesting something I presume,the professional race reader tells us the horse moved up close to the leaders 4 out, it was soon apparent that the horse could not go with the leader(I had said I felt he might not stay)for whatever reason he was unable to challenge and came home in his own time.
    If I saw a conspiracy around every corner I would never have a bet and it is usually handicapped who seek a lower mark not grade 1 horses.

NEVER SAID NOTHING was beaten a nose by a stablemate last time who went off fav whereas Never went off at 16/1.

Luke Morris proved too strong for Elisha Whittington that day but she is taking off 5 lbs today and is a tidy rider so NEVER SAID NOTHING is a good ew bet at around 6/1.

Rectory Road is all the rage for this and is very well handicapped,however he has been well handicapped for a while now and is a bit quirky and worth taking on with the consistent NEVER SAID NOTHING.Wolverhampton 4.45.

In the 6.15 REVOLUTIONISE may be worth a few quid to beat the fav Tranchee,Revolutionise has been running well and has the very useful Marco Ghiani on board claiming 3 lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

NEVER SAID NOTHING was beaten a nose by a stablemate last time who went off fav whereas Never went off at 16/1.

Luke Morris proved too strong for Elisha Whittington that day but she is taking off 5 lbs today and is a tidy rider so NEVER SAID NOTHING is a good ew bet at around 6/1.

Rectory Road is all the rage for this and is very well handicapped,however he has been well handicapped for a while now and is a bit quirky and worth taking on with the consistent NEVER SAID NOTHING.Wolverhampton 4.45.

In the 6.15 REVOLUTIONISE may be worth a few quid to beat the fav Tranchee,Revolutionise has been running well and has the very useful Marco Ghiani on board claiming 3 lbs.

Cheers Zim Also had to put a little on Treaty of Dingle @ 20-1 in the 4.45.I did this because I had Treacysof enniscorthy in my head and got the two mixed up, if that makes sense!

Never was a good 2nd and Elisha had him well placed,however again she did not look very strong in a finish but looks a tidy rider who will improve,at least no money was lost and i was right about the well backed Rectory Road whose losing run continues and is one to be wary of.

Revolutionise easily beat the odds on fav and ensured a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Never was a good 2nd and Elisha had him well placed,however again she did not look very strong in a finish but looks a tidy rider who will improve,at least no money was lost and i was right about the well backed Rectory Road whose losing run continues and is one to be wary of.

Revolutionise easily beat the odds on fav and ensured a good day.

Yeah ....well done Zimm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Anniepowaaa

8.15 Fard 7/1

If the AW meeting goes ahead at Newcastle tomorrow evening three horses are selected for an interest,all have good recent form but run in tricky handicaps..

5.30 DUTCH DECOY has top weight and has gone up 4 lbs for recent head victory in a class 4,despite top weight he may be good enough to win again as he has only had 4 runs on the AW,one was the first time he ever saw a racetrack when he was beaten a length and a quarter at Newcastle,one was at Southwell which is different to the rest and not all horses like it and he won the other two at Kempton and Chelmsford.

Only 4 and lightly raced the gelding may prove better on the AW than turf.

PEARL OF QATAR was caught late on a few days ago when i put the mare up here and probably has Nick Vedder and Rebel Redemption to beat.Goes in the 6.30.

ROCKLEY POINT in the 7 oc is very game and has gone close in a few races recently and has been raised a few lbs,his problem is he usually front runs and gets caught near the finish.He does not have to to the front but probably will and they get the pace right he can win.

He won this race 2 years ago off a mark of 68 and has a good chance off 57 tomorrow at around 6/1 for his small hardworking trainer.

An ew trixie for small stakes might pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

If the AW meeting goes ahead at Newcastle tomorrow evening three horses are selected for an interest,all have good recent form but run in tricky handicaps..

5.30 DUTCH DECOY has top weight and has gone up 4 lbs for recent head victory in a class 4,despite top weight he may be good enough to win again as he has only had 4 runs on the AW,one was the first time he ever saw a racetrack when he was beaten a length and a quarter at Newcastle,one was at Southwell which is different to the rest and not all horses like it and he won the other two at Kempton and Chelmsford.

Only 4 and lightly raced the gelding may prove better on the AW than turf.

PEARL OF QATAR was caught late on a few days ago when i put the mare up here and probably has Nick Vedder and Rebel Redemption to beat.Goes in the 6.30.

ROCKLEY POINT in the 7 oc is very game and has gone close in a few races recently and has been raised a few lbs,his problem is he usually front runs and gets caught near the finish.He does not have to to the front but probably will and they get the pace right he can win.

He won this race 2 years ago off a mark of 68 and has a good chance off 57 tomorrow at around 6/1 for his small hardworking trainer.

An ew trixie for small stakes might pay off.

Mite have a cut at that Zimm !

Mite have a cut at that Zimm !

A small cut!!I hope.

Inspecting at Newcastle.

Meydan race today and David OMeara's LORD GLITTERS who won here 21 days ago carries a penalty against a few he beat last time,best coming from behind of a good pace i see no reason why he wont beat these again today and even if there is not a very fast pace Danny Tudhope who knows the horse well will have a plan,goes in the 4.50

HERONS NEST 5.15 Wol is drifting in the betting and is out to 9/2 now,punters are often wary of horses who run up a series of 2nds and rightly so as some just refuse to go on and shirk it in a finish.

HERONS NEST does not look jadey to me and may represent value now at the price so i have backed the filly ew.

I backed DAL HORRISGLE ew at 9/2 in the 5.30 Wol and feeling a bit hopeful/foolhardy put Nate The Great and lucky Deal with Dal in a full perm tri-cast ( 6 bets ).

4.00 Maggie thunder 4/1
    5.30 Koolasice 15/2
    7.00 Jack berry house 15/2
    7.30 St georges head 11/2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Off to a nice start

• Advertisement

The 3 oc at Ascot is always a tough handicap to solve with winners coming from both ends of the handicap.

MALAYA has been placed in this for the last two years off 137 and 138 and often runs well at Ascot,off 136 now has a good ew chance at 11/1 with PP who go 5 places.

Lower in the weights i like DANS LE VENT trained by Evan Williams and ridden by his daughter Isabel who takes off a useful 5 lbs,the horse stays further than the 2 mile 3 furlongs and in the heavy ground stamina will count.

I will divide my stake and have a tenner ew both.DANS LE VENT is also 11/1.

At Haydock in the national trial over 3 miles 4 furlongs i am backing TWO AMIGOS who is a real stayer and usually runs well in this type of race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Main Fact & Notachance at Haydock

The 3 oc at Ascot is always a tough handicap to solve with winners coming from both ends of the handicap.

MALAYA has been placed in this for the last two years off 137 and 138 and often runs well at Ascot,off 136 now has a good ew chance at 11/1 with PP who go 5 places.

Lower in the weights i like DANS LE VENT trained by Evan Williams and ridden by his daughter Isabel who takes off a useful 5 lbs,the horse stays further than the 2 mile 3 furlongs and in the heavy ground stamina will count.

I will divide my stake and have a tenner ew both.DANS LE VENT is also 11/1.

At Haydock in the national trial over 3 miles 4 furlongs i am backing TWO AMIGOS who is a real stayer and usually runs well in this type of race.

Malaya lined up for something at Cheltenham going by that blatant non trying effort

3.30 coole arcade 11/2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CH3OH

3.30 coole arcade 11/2

Thanks for that!

A few fingers burnt on the laying side matched at 140/1 for small money

4.20 begin the luck 14/1

2.30 rockadenn 15/2

5.10 Yankee stadium 5/2