Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TG1 wrote: »
    I have a little planter on my windowsill full of flowers and a mini tree. I put 3 little green plastic kittens in it one day as I had nothing else to do with them.

My house is in the middle of a working yard, and most days the kittens are in different places when I come home! Today one was exploring life outside the planter, climing my window courtesy of blue tack.

Whoever it is is putting serious effort into dreaming up places for these kittens and it really entertains me!

That would keep me entertained as well 😀 :3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The sight of my cat balmed out on the back wall in the evening sunshine

Easily known she has a fur coat as it still isn’t that warm! ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

TG1 wrote: »
    I have a little planter on my windowsill full of flowers and a mini tree. I put 3 little green plastic kittens in it one day as I had nothing else to do with them.

My house is in the middle of a working yard, and most days the kittens are in different places when I come home! Today one was exploring life outside the planter, climing my window courtesy of blue tack.

Whoever it is is putting serious effort into dreaming up places for these kittens and it really entertains me!
    It's like Elf on a Shelf for adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

No work tomorrow...happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

What a day...:P

...finally managed to decipher critical commands in a bot for discord. Since two hours i can add twitter posts to my little personal vaper server additionally to Youtube and RSS feeds. The old try and error method still works...slowly but with a result, ha! :eek::pac:

And i pimped my ride! The old soft shell pannier fell apart so it was time to reactivate the old trustworthy mesh basket. Works as it ever has. Please note the fancy holder for the back light. :P

Exhausted...but happy.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    Those are all actual words. :o

Edit: Ah, bike! I thought you were on about vaping, or something... Not my day, brain-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I had an interview today, it went well and I was invited for an observation day!
    Plus more interviews to come next week.

F you dole, we won't be seeing each other for much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

LirW wrote: »
    ........and I was invited for an observation day!.......

Sounds like Auto will be monitoring you on the Cams.......so its a cert Your In :D

Great weather so attacked the garden and then walking a favourite trail for a couple of hours. Dog tired now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

night scented flowers, cloudy lemon cider in the garden , much needed 'head space'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Booked 2 weeks off, a week of that will be spent in Portugal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

New moisturiser that smells amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I have a motley collection of furniture, most of it flatpack. I was following a home improvement page on Facebook and have been encouraged to do up some bits and pieces. It's going better than I expected.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Being uber prepared for the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th seeing tuxedo cat again sitting on the grass across the road the other day and I slow blinked at them and they gave a slow blink back 😀 and then I got too close and they ran off 😗.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Just booked a holiday with one of my best friends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I finally started moving stuff into the new gaff today. I bought myself a double railed garment holder thingy that required some DIY. Put it together myself with minimal cursing. :D

And I discovered the most beautiful kitty hangs around the garden.

I finally started moving stuff into the new gaff today. I bought myself a double railed garment holder thingy that required some DIY. Put it together myself with minimal cursing. :D

We demand pictures of said kitty 😀😛

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

We demand pictures of said kitty 😀😛
    Better do what the Mod says! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Getting that kitchen drawer that gets anything and everything shoved into it tidied out today. It is definitely one of my put on the long finger jobs so I am feeling pretty epic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

New Home wrote: »

To avoid another case of catnapping you might take care to remove the location data from the jpegs before posting ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was given a fabulous plant for house/dog/horse minding last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Th seeing tuxedo cat again sitting on the grass across the road the other day and I slow blinked at them and they gave a slow blink back 😀 and then I got too close and they ran off 😗.

If they're slow blinking back you're in good standing, just have to take it slowly on the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

New Home wrote: »

You AH folk are so demanding! :p

I promise I’ll post a photo of garden kitty once I get a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A month ago, I called a service I use a lot, to ask a question about an upcoming purchase, the youngster on the phone hadn't a rashers of what I was asking her. Same every time I've called them since then.

Yesterday I called again, same youngster sounded far more confident and was able to respond to my question competently.

'Go girl', look at you learning things you need to know for your summer job!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Was just at the Spice Girls in Wembah-lay London.
    Gig was brilliant, and great sound quality unlike Croke Park.
    But omg, there seems to be only one way out so it was just a mass of people standing and shuffling forward every few minutes. We didn’t go straight for the tube but it took nearly an hour for a 5 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Birds. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

48 hour shipping option from a Lithuanian site that has everything I need for the weekend . A UK shop would take a week or more to deliver ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I had a training day today for a job I applied for, it was super easy and was offered the role on the spot after an hour.
    I can't even put into words how delighted I am.
    The nicest thing will be signing off in two weeks!

Still can't believe it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see MIB International at the cinema this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

My old car passed the nct!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement