Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Birneybau wrote: »
    It was a thinly veiled dig at Islam.

It boggles my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

victor8600 wrote: »
    While this was a homophobic attack, I think these women just were unlucky to be picked by those lowlifes, who would have likely attacked someone (probably whoever looked weaker) on the bus anyway.
    well they took the girls handbags so it was either theft with a side of homophobia or homophobia with a side of theft.
    _blaaz wrote: »
    I think phrase is burka

that is quite amusing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Ah yeah I forgot that Islam is the official religion in Spain, very silly of me.

Will be the official religion of all Europe soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Looking forward to my members pack. Has to be better than the iodine tablets we got a while back for joining the nuclear club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Ah yeah I forgot that Islam is the official religion in Spain, very silly of me.

It's was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I thought the Gay Agenda meant we were all going to be transexual transvestites from transylvania meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Jennifer Connolly is now gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

why did these women think that attempting to joke with these muppets would diffuse the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

London is a cesspool of criminality these days.

Trump was spot on when he called out the sadiq Kahn during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

why did these women think that attempting to joke with these muppets would diffuse the situation?

As oppossed to doing what ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Because they were scared and trying to placate them.

trumps visit probably emboldened them to commit this crime. their parents are brexit voters no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

These women could have lost their lives because they were the wrong sexual orientation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

"A group of young men began harassing them when they discovered the women were a couple, asking them to kiss while making sexual gestures."

From another article on Sky:

"They started behaving like hooligans, demanding that we kissed so they could enjoy watching, calling us 'lesbians' and describing sexual positions. In an attempt to calm things down, I started making jokes. I thought this might make them go away. Chris even pretended she was sick, but they kept on harassing us, throwing us coins and becoming more enthusiastic about it."

Yeah, definitely sounds like the group you're not so subtly alluding to.

The later happens a lot. Maybe not as far as violence. But the goading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Feel very sorry for them girls.anyone attacking harmless people in such a cowardly fashion need to be caged asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

They've obviously adopted the Irish judiciary approach to sentencing there too... Good lad - a lovely letter from mammy - disadvantaged background - bright future ahead of him.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

It’s the BBC they ain’t going to mention the Religious angle
    I know that a lot of muslims are homophobic but you have zero evidence that it was muslims who carried this out.

And also, I'm not even sure it was a homophobic or misogynistic attack (i.e. because they're women and because they're gay). Homophobes wouldn't be looking for a sexy display by them surely. I think they got attacked because they refused to comply with the demands of some scummy pieces of sh1t.
    kneemos wrote: »
    This thread is actually more disturbing than the attack.
    God yeah, words on the internet - so much worse than physical assault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It’s the BBC they ain’t going to mention the Religious angle

Anglican, religion of peace my arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

This site cracks me up at times. A pair of young women battered on the bus in an attack provoked due to their sexuality and people are either trying to play down the nature of the homophobia involved or else using this horrible incident based on prejudice to crowbar in a load of prejudice of their own.

Honestly like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

After Roman catholic I'll give it a fair go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

London is a cesspool of criminality these days.

Bit like Dublin so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Cryptopagan

_Brian wrote: »
    Bit like Dublin so

Dublin is not in the same league at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

So far I’ve seen posters suggest it looks staged and maybe a religious element.

What’s wrong with you people that you just can’t see this for what it is, a horribly homophobic attack on a couple out enjoying a night and keeping to themselves.

The lads were just a bunch of Neanderthals, hope they are held accountable for this.

Was same on the Aoife Dooley thread, straight off people were doubting anything happened and saying she was making it up for attention.

Feckin sickening the victim blaming against women by a bunch of juveniles here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I know that a lot of muslims are homophobic but you have zero evidence that it was muslims who carried this out.

And also, I'm not even sure it was a homophobic or misogynistic attack (i.e. because they're women and because they're gay). Homophobes wouldn't be looking for a sexy display by them surely. I think they got attacked because they refused to comply with the demands of some scummy pieces of sh1t.

God yeah, words on the internet - so much worse than physical assault.

It may not have been homophobic in the sense that it didn't arise from a fear of homosexuality but the women were targeted because of their sexuality. The attackers wanted them to kiss as they saw it as they thought it would be amusing, I seriously doubt that they would have attacked or goaded a heterosexual couple in the same manner. I would also say that it was misogynistic as I don't believe they would have goaded two gay men in the same way given that two men kissing hasn't been potrayed in media in the same lecherous way as two women kissing has.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Birneybau wrote: »
    4 lads arrested, one had been speaking Spanish. But sure, religion of peace...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jun/07/two-women-left-bloodied-in-homophobic-attack-on-london-bus

Where does it say they were speaking Spanish?

The flight attendant typed entered a detail account of the attack to facebook in both English and Spanish.

serious question, are all crime committed by men against women misogynist?

FTA69 wrote: »
    This site cracks me up at times. A pair of young women battered on the bus in an attack provoked due to their sexuality and people are either trying to play down the nature of the homophobia involved or else using this horrible incident based on prejudice to crowbar in a load of prejudice of their own.

Honestly like.
    _Brian wrote: »
    So far I’ve seen posters suggest it looks staged and maybe a religious element.

What’s wrong with you people that you just can’t see this for what it is, a horribly homophobic attack on a couple out enjoying a night and keeping to themselves.

The lads were just a bunch of Neanderthals, hope they are held accountable for this.

Was same on the Aoife Dooley thread, straight off people were doubting anything happened and saying she was making it up for attention.

Feckin sickening the victim blaming against women by a bunch of juveniles here.
    I agree with plenty of what you say. It is incredible the way things get deflected and twisted to make it seem like the victim is the one at fault. Aoife Dooley thread, Sinead Burke thread. Astonishing (well it should be).

But I think things should be described accurately. I don't think they were attacked *because* they're gay. I think they were attacked because they wouldn't do what was demanded of them and because they were easy targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"But what about a pride march for straight people?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

victor8600 wrote: »
    While this was a homophobic attack, I think these women just were unlucky to be picked by those lowlifes, who would have likely attacked someone (probably whoever looked weaker) on the bus anyway.

Genuinely head scratching comment, literally what is the point of the remark?

• Advertisement

serious question, are all crime committed by men against women misogynist?
    No. And I dislike when the word is misused too.

Advertisement