Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FREE revolut card

• 09-04-2019 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Free Revolut card for new users when you sign up before April 11th.

MOD EDIT: REFERRAL LINKS ARE NOT PERMITTED

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

And a nice little metal card for you, hm?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

I think the metal card promo is gone no?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭cloudhopper19

I am already a metal member which I pay the 13.99 a month for. I was just trying to be nice and offer others the free card actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You can't have referral links in this site. You know this already, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I'd thought backseat modding was frowned upon. You'd know this already though, so guess not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ppn

Free Revolut card for new users when you sign up before April 11th.

MOD EDIT: REFERRAL LINKS ARE NOT PERMITTED

Does this promo apply to users who registered anytime prior to this date?
    I'm using Revolut since beginning of March and very happy with it. Just considering getting a physical card now. What is the normal process for getting the standard card? Do you have to pay the €6 shipping cost regardless?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

Recently opened Revolut account is their any hidden maintenance charge for this account? What are the deposit limits?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

ppn wrote: »
    Do you have to pay the €6 shipping cost regardless?

I never paid any shipping cost anyway.
    newincity wrote: »
    Recently opened Revolut account is their any hidden maintenance charge for this account? What are the deposit limits?

No charges. Only pay if you do too many ATM withdrawls, or taking money out of an ATM abroad (after the free amount). Didn't hear anything about deposit limits but it's a debit card, so not insured like a credit card so I'd be wary of having too much on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭somebody_else

got e-mail from revolut regarding free card (no shipping costs).
    PM me if you want referral link.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

I also seem to be able to invite friends with a referral link, so you get the card for free (saving 6e). AFAIK there is no kick-back for me though. PM if you want that invite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 mickyboy

got e-mail from revolut regarding free card (no shipping costs).
    PM me if you want referral link.

Tom

Hi Tom, could you send me the referral link. Thanks M

• Registered Users Posts: 49 snoop09

Is it safe to upload all your personal details?

They looking for pictures of your passports etc.. to verify your account

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Id assume so. Been with them for a long time and never had an issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

I also have a referral link if anyone fancies signing up and wants to get the physical card for free without paying P&P which is about €6 IICR.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

snoop09 wrote: »
    Is it safe to upload all your personal details?

They looking for pictures of your passports etc.. to verify your account

Yeah they're fine.

I just saved €10 on an Amazon purchase by paying in sterling using my Revolut card, rather than paying in Euro on my PTSB card. Well worth having one of these for non-Euro purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

Hi all I also have referral links advailable. Which will save you €6 when ordering your free physical card.

I have one of these I have give it to kids for school tours , use on holidays, Mexico Netflix and Amazon. It has saved me loads in exchange fees.

You will need to min top up 10 euro credit activate.

Thought the app

Can lock the card when not in use.
    View and change PIN number.
    Top up
    See transactions in real time. Notice is pushed to phone each time it used.

Pm me if you need a referral link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

irbx wrote: »
    Hi all I also have referral links advailable. Which will save you €6 when ordering your free physical card.

I have one of these I have give it to kids for school tours , use on holidays, Mexico Netflix and Amazon. It has saved me loads in exchange fees. Also can link card to android pay to tap with your phone.

You will need to min top up 10 euro credit activate.

Thought the app

Can lock the card when not in use.
    View and change PIN number.
    Top up
    See transactions in real time. Notice is pushed to phone each time it used.

Pm me if you need a referral link.

This is incorrect. Revolut Visa Debit does not work on Google Pay.

shocksy wrote: »
    This is incorrect. Revolut Visa Debit does not work on Google Pay.

Screenshot from my Google pay screen. Revolt use MasterCard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

New revolut cards are visa.

You need to give people the correct facts. Only paid premium accounts use mastercard. The standard free Revolut account uses Visa Debit cards.

When Revolut first came out they had mastercard as standard, but that has not been the case for a couple of years now.

Which brings me back to my original comment. The Revolut Visa Debit card does not work on Google Pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Just checked my card and it's a MasterCard also, standard free issue.

You need to give people the correct facts. Only paid premium accounts use mastercard. The standard free Revolut account uses Visa Debit cards.

When Revolut first came out they had mastercard as standard, but that has not been the case for a couple of years now.

Which brings me back to my original comment. The Revolut Visa Debit card does not work on Google Pay.

Hi was not aware they issued in visa debit aswell. My card is the free physical card standard account and it's matercard card also. Will ament my early post it was not meant to mislead as google pay works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

i got visa debit back in december. has anyone else noticed that it no longer works on the aliexpress site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

moonshadow wrote: »
    Just checked my card and it's a MasterCard also, standard free issue.

Mine is a Mastercard too and is standard free issue. Expiry end of 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

I am already a metal member which I pay the 13.99 a month for. I was just trying to be nice and offer others the free card actually.

I'm wondering is it worth while paying the 13.99 a month? Interested to know all the benefits. Is the travel insurance up to much?

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Have a code for anyone that wants, just pm! Need to try and get a Metal card, I use it as my main expense account and the fees for withdrawing over 200 at atm are killing me :eek: Living abroad so can't pay with card in a lot of places and need cash!

The fee's are 2%. I would highly doubt they are killing you unless you're withdrawing insane amounts of money in which case a metal card won't benefit you that much as the maximum free withdrawal with that account is €600 per month. If the fee's are killing you, you need to just purchase the metal card yourself, as referrals are not allowed on boards. Also what country doesn't accept cards? You'll never receive the amount of referrals on here to get a free metal card anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

The fee's are 2%. I would highly doubt they are killing you unless you're withdrawing insane amounts of money in which case a metal card won't benefit you that much as the maximum free withdrawal with that account is €600 per month. If the fee's are killing you, you need to just purchase the metal card yourself, as referrals are not allowed on boards. Also what country doesn't accept cards? You'll never receive the amount of referrals on here to get a free metal card anyway.

My rent is €350 per month paid in cash.. So immediately, before anything else coming out.. I've already gone over the €200.. I'm well aware that I won't get all the referrals, I already have 3 friends that have signed up, so I only need 2 more (and one has pm'ed me on here regarding signing up).. What country doesn't accept cards? I never stated that, I said 'a lot of places don't accept card'. I'm in a small town in Spain fyi, where the majority, if they do accept card, has a 10€ minimum. But thank you for your input, did you reply to everyone else on this thread saying referral codes are not allowed when just like them I stated to pm me? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

yesno1234 wrote: »
    My rent is €350 per month paid in cash.. So immediately, before anything else coming out.. I've already gone over the €200.. I'm well aware that I won't get all the referrals, I already have 3 friends that have signed up, so I only need 2 more (and one has pm'ed me on here regarding signing up).. What country doesn't accept cards? I never stated that, I said 'a lot of places don't accept card'. I'm in a small town in Spain fyi, where the majority, if they do accept card, has a 10€ minimum. But thank you for your input, did you reply to everyone else on this thread saying referral codes are not allowed when just like them I stated to pm me? :rolleyes:

Have you considered using N26 instead? 5 free cash withdraws per month with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

jimmy86 wrote: »
    Have you considered using N26 instead? 5 free cash withdraws per month with them.

You know I've looked into N26, but there are a few things that make Revolut a much better fit for me. But I must take another deeper look to make sure! Thanks Jimmy appreciate it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Just lock this up. It's turned into referral city.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement