Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

Wut?

You're read it, you're quite welcome to read it for what it is...

Hopefully it didn't offend anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

RHJ wrote: »
    It sounds like they are in a pub or restaurant is it even legal for them to have a child on the premises consuming alcohol. I'm surprised they weren't kicked out.
    obi604 wrote: »
    Are you mad?! :)

Imagine the hassle of trying to kick them out.

And the chances of getting sued afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

AllForIt wrote: »
    I always wondered why a lot of young traveler kids have big puffy faces. Answer: Guinness.

John Connors ( actor) must have had the black stuff hooked to his veins from aged three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

When’s he robs some pensioner in 20 years it will be the settled people’s fault that they turned him
    into an alcoholic.

According to John Connors anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I remember a traveller girl that used to tag along at lunch and she'd be robbing condiments and stuff from the shop to bring home to her mam for the kitchen. Awful sad really.

They also wouldn't come to school for say 3 months at a time. Then the traveller boys on the other hand get away with murder and riding half the town. I know a couple of girls from school who ended up having children with some well known male travellers from around the town.

Lots of the older men travellers from where I live would be perverts too. There was actually a young girl raped not far from me by a traveller man who was a family man and had many children my age or who i went to school with etc and of course nothing happened.

I might sound really judgemental but they have never given me an excuse not to!

I do know one or two that seem nice.

Even as a teenager, you would need to be quite the skank to spread them for a traveller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Will never again wear Puma after watching that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

There's something so odd watching a few of those videos of grown men goading each other and talking about how much they're going to enjoy dishing out violence - all the while referring to their own fathers as their "daddies".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Gagging for a guinness now after watching that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Kivaro wrote:
    Actually, my question is where is Zappone in all of this? She is the children's Minister. Maybe if the Traveller child was in Calais or Egypt, then she would act .... with the Irish media in tow.

Zappone or Tusla has no authority in Northern Ireland that's where this young lad and his family live. His father is under a judge's order to only enter the Republic up to 3 weeks of the year for family events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

I will.....in 24 hours!

EXCELLENT!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Irelands favourite ethnic minority?

Surely not, You must be mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

One of the most disturbing videos I've ever watched. This is what our government puts on a pedestal.

Anyone else and social services would step in , why don't they do so here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

any body know where this happened?
    somebody mentioned enniskillen so not in tulsa's area.
    no point in reporting with out the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Look at you lot in your ivory towers. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this. Sure just after I was born the first thing my father did was give me a pint of Guinness. When the midwife tried to stop him he threatened to strangle her with the umbilical cord.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Shur he'l be fkn great when he wins an Olympic medal for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

ricero wrote: »
    T'is culture boss !

Look forward to John Connors take on this

I would like to see what he says, can anyone tag him on Facebook or Twitter with it just to see what his response would be, id do it but I'm afraid boards is as far as I've gone with the old social media front

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Have any of you keyboard warriors actually contacted Tulsa???

Have you?

That was a hard watch, it's tragic this ****e is allowed to go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

I would like to see what he says, can anyone tag him on Facebook or Twitter with it just to see what his response would be, id do it but I'm afraid boards is as far as I've gone with the old social media front

They never, ever respond to the negative stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers Travellers

Travellers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That's absolutely disgusting.
    That father should be neutered.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Arghus wrote: »
    There's something so odd watching a few of those videos of grown men goading each other and talking about how much they're going to enjoy dishing out violence - all the while referring to their own fathers as their "daddies".

They are lower lifeforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Local elections coming up, shove the video in any canvassers face on your doorstep and make them explain why we have to accept and fund this disgusting behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

That father should be sbot in the face.

Fixed that for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

20Cent wrote: »
    Gagging for a guinness now after watching that.
    Could this be the new Diageo campaign? They already did one with lads who are mad for the horses in L.A. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DaithiMa

It is all a big over reaction. Everyone knows it is the Settled/Amish/Maori communities that are responsible for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Shocking. Can the "parents" be arrested for child abuse on this evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Shocking. Can the "parents" be arrested for child abuse on this evidence?

Gardaí are scared of them. They dont really deal with a problem once they are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

I contacted Tusla last week and apart from a dropped call from Westmeath I received nothing back. I looked up as much as I could find about the people involved, which is a substantial amount of information. I was sick of people complaining about it. I urge everyone to do the same.

Tusla/ CPS in the UK need to get involved. There is outrage at the lack of action involved in the Rotherham child trafficking scandal, why is this carry on tolerated? Anyone who harms a child in this manner is dangerous and needs to be separated from the rest of society.

As an aside, these people are often let off burglaries, assaults etc etc etc because of poverty and misunderstood culture excuses. Not many excuses can be made for force feeding a child alcohol- this could be the way to change the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Local elections coming up, shove the video in any canvassers face on your doorstep and make them explain why we have to accept and fund this disgusting behaviour.

Have you not read the thread? What has an incident in Northern Ireland got to do with our politicians?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

That father should be neutered.

That's one of the reasons why I voted to repeal the 8th unfortunately we can't abort the father, some day they will inbreed themselves into oblivion we can hope

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement