Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What boardsies would you bring back?

Comments

bluewolf wrote: »
    is everyone a re reg around here
    I'm on my fourth account since 2004, I think. None to evade bans, just a combination of no longer using boards, or not having my old logins, and so on. I'm sure it was necessary, but the Close Your Account feature was terrible for the community feeling around here.

Just a hunch, but I can't imagine many new users are new users. Most kids these days stick to Twitter and Insta. I think I know one person who joined in the past while who is genuinely new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Whoopsadaisydoodles

• Mikom is one I remember with fondness. A master of irreverence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I liked a lady called Medusa back in the day. I remember her writing one time that she had some sort of serious health problem, so I'm worried she might've died but I hope not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

I'm on my fourth account since 2004, I think. None to evade bans, just a combination of no longer using boards, or not having my old logins, and so on. I'm sure it was necessary, but the Close Your Account feature was terrible for the community feeling around here.

Just a hunch, but I can't imagine many new users are new users. Most kids these days stick to Twitter and Insta. I think I know one person who joined in the past while who is genuinely new.
    I’m on account number 7 or 8.
    I was a bit of a waanker on at least 2 of them tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

FFred wrote: »
    Whoopsadaisydoodles

A tyrant named whoopsiedaisydoodles!

No seriously if you love them, let them go.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

God I remember Frada, that smug Jose Mourinho avatar really went perfectly with the tone of their posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Yeah frada you wry cùnt. Where art thee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I liked Ginandtonicsky, she always gave brilliant advice in personal and relationship issues. She was usually on the money with her posts

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

There was a poster called Joe's Girls long time ago. Heart and soul of TCN back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Did The Backwards Man fall into the bog cutting turf? He was a right wan for sending the ladies PMs. So I'm told anyway!
    And Boneyarsedbogman, he's not around anymore either.
    Only recently missed Big Bag of Chips but she seemed kinda cross.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Big Bag of Chips is still here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Reati

Totally. People always come back to a place like this out of bordem and habit. So I'd bet a majority is the same old people under different masks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

I’m a new user. I don’t (think I) know a single poster, apart from a guy in the running forum whose boards name is almost the same as his real nickname.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Big Bag of Chips is still here :)
    She must be very quiet lately so :)

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Biggins!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

I wish Conor McGregor would come back to boards.ie and sort out a few people :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Smash. Frada..whoops..fat christy..kersplat..
    Great bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Scofflaw because he could always explain the complicated stuff in plain english.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Mikom is one I remember with fondness. A master of irreverence.

I didn't know he was gone!

Tar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Permabear was a great poster. Very knowledgeable guy.

• sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Great bunch

Not familiar with that user. Yes to the others.

Hammer89 wrote: »
    I liked a lady called Medusa back in the day. I remember her writing one time that she had some sort of serious health problem, so I'm worried she might've died but I hope not.

Medusa is very much alive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

I wont mention names but theres one former boardsie that ruined the after hours forum.

And I for one dont want to see that member back.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

RMAOK wrote: »
    The old thunderdome regulars....

Still a few around but older and wiser :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

bluewolf wrote: »
    is everyone a re reg around here
    Yeah, I remember when you registered your current account. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Still a few around but older and wiser :-)

If they are, they don't seem to be as belligerent as 'back in the day"...

Scofflaw because he could always explain the complicated stuff in plain english.
    Is Scofflaw gone?

I would have included him if I'd known. I no longer use the politics forum on a point of principle (the principle being I was banned once over a discussion about economic policy and took an enormous sulk).

I don't think Scofflaw was knowledgeable per se, in that he mentioned he had a background in IT as opposed to politics or economics, so he'd almost never critique a theory so long as the i's were dotted and the T's were crossed. Theory wasn't his thing; he had no time for pretense or boy-intellectuals, which is a good thing. It was his ability to read large volumes of policy and distill them down to their most crucial points that I found hugely enviable. He'd make a great journalist, if he isn't one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I would have to say Lorelli! and JeanL. Lovely posters :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Eden Hazard, never knew if the posts were serious or messing but I enjoyed them.

Brummytom, for similar reasons

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement