Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

• 23-07-2017 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

He hasn't gone away you know.
    He was on thejournal.ie earlier ranting about a loss of water supply in Drogheda.
    Sadly, his comments have since been removed....

Three weeks ago I contacted a local newspaper to detail how Drogheda water services were repeatedly cut off or there was constant low pressure. I hoped they would highlight this issue and help myself to see that something was done to full-time resolve this long time situation.
    Three weeks on, to this very weekend, the water supply to the same end of the town is off now again - for three days now. This means possibly 10,000+ people have been unable to do many things inducing flushing toilets for three days - or have water to feed new born babies (wife and I include ourselves in the latter) unless we pay for large containers of supermarket water.
    Drogheda is the Ireland's official biggest town - population 52,000+. The fact that (a) I was and still am, media blanked when I'm trying to see people less suffer and (b) the official local elected once again have proved to be totally useless, is just not good enough.
    (The Louth LMFM radio station is also approaching its 700 days of completely blanking myself and the party I founded within the town, that subsequently went national.)
    Back to the Drogheda water problem... I have been campaigning against Irish Water since it was rammed down the throats of nation that did NOT give their mandate to political parties, that kissed ass to the Troika and bullied water recharges, water meters and I.W. on everyone.
    Part of the effect, of the ramming of this company in, was that local areas and their governing councils, had the power stripped away from them regarding the tighter control of water services.
    I predicted that this would lead to a more distant body (I.W. as it turned out) would be further out of touch, not in greater cross-communication with a local populace and this would lead then to greater, repeated service problems.
    Well not for the first damn time, I was bloody right!
    The local useless elected get their faces in the local media for they attending some local function or nearly the opening of an envelope! Meanwhile, others trying to raise more serious issues - which the same media paper and radio are blanking others and myself on - are left to soldier peacefully on against this whole ridiculous situation.
    Unlike the local elected, others and I are not getting paid to try solve these issues and are not looking to get paid for it, in the future either. The useless elected 'stuffed shirts' including one Labour ex-TD now re-forced upon the Drogheda population after they sacked him, meanwhile carry on collecting their pay and perks - and for what exactly?
    A good bulk of my home town, Drogheda, has been yet again left with out water (this time three days) - and let me say straight - this is bloody not good enough!
    .Am I angry? You bet your arse I am...
    I want our water back. That's not good enough however. I also want local people to have a greater say in the management running, of their local water (and other) services.
    What's going on today, that is leaving many suffering - and not just in Drogheda - is f**king ridiculous. This crap has got to end.
    No doubt the local media will blank myself on this issue yet again but this post like many others before it, will show yet again that more positive, Participatory Democracy changes are very much needed.
    The present way - in many ways - is just not bloody good enough! Too many people are being left to suffer by the old ways. It's time for ruddy change! The ways of Fine Gael, Fianna Fail and Labour are been showed once again, to leave people suffering. It's about time more of their supporters woke up and kopped this more. Their continued supporting of them is leaving more suffering - in the case of a good bulk of Drogheda - possibly even with themselves too.
    It's time we stopped supporting those that truly are not supporting us.
    ...In the meantime, many thousands of people are being left to suffer - and we are now looking at a fourth day coming, of being without basic water. The excuses will likely be printed in next week editions of local papers - unlike myself, being again blanked, for long time trying to raise such issues and get them headed off before they can even arise.

CPL 593H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Bishopsback

furiousox wrote: »
    He hasn't gone away you know.
    He was on thejournal.ie earlier ranting about a loss of water supply in Drogheda.
    Sadly, his comments have since been removed....

Three weeks ago I contacted a local newspaper to detail how Drogheda water services were repeatedly cut off or there was constant low pressure. I hoped they would highlight this issue and help myself to see that something was done to full-time resolve this long time situation.
    Three weeks on, to this very weekend, the water supply to the same end of the town is off now again - for three days now. This means possibly 10,000+ people have been unable to do many things inducing flushing toilets for three days - or have water to feed new born babies (wife and I include ourselves in the latter) unless we pay for large containers of supermarket water.
    Drogheda is the Ireland's official biggest town - population 52,000+. The fact that (a) I was and still am, media blanked when I'm trying to see people less suffer and (b) the official local elected once again have proved to be totally useless, is just not good enough.
    (The Louth LMFM radio station is also approaching its 700 days of completely blanking myself and the party I founded within the town, that subsequently went national.)
    Back to the Drogheda water problem... I have been campaigning against Irish Water since it was rammed down the throats of nation that did NOT give their mandate to political parties, that kissed ass to the Troika and bullied water recharges, water meters and I.W. on everyone.
    Part of the effect, of the ramming of this company in, was that local areas and their governing councils, had the power stripped away from them regarding the tighter control of water services.
    I predicted that this would lead to a more distant body (I.W. as it turned out) would be further out of touch, not in greater cross-communication with a local populace and this would lead then to greater, repeated service problems.
    Well not for the first damn time, I was bloody right!
    The local useless elected get their faces in the local media for they attending some local function or nearly the opening of an envelope! Meanwhile, others trying to raise more serious issues - which the same media paper and radio are blanking others and myself on - are left to soldier peacefully on against this whole ridiculous situation.
    Unlike the local elected, others and I are not getting paid to try solve these issues and are not looking to get paid for it, in the future either. The useless elected 'stuffed shirts' including one Labour ex-TD now re-forced upon the Drogheda population after they sacked him, meanwhile carry on collecting their pay and perks - and for what exactly?
    A good bulk of my home town, Drogheda, has been yet again left with out water (this time three days) - and let me say straight - this is bloody not good enough!
    .Am I angry? You bet your arse I am...
    I want our water back. That's not good enough however. I also want local people to have a greater say in the management running, of their local water (and other) services.
    What's going on today, that is leaving many suffering - and not just in Drogheda - is f**king ridiculous. This crap has got to end.
    No doubt the local media will blank myself on this issue yet again but this post like many others before it, will show yet again that more positive, Participatory Democracy changes are very much needed.
    The present way - in many ways - is just not bloody good enough! Too many people are being left to suffer by the old ways. It's time for ruddy change! The ways of Fine Gael, Fianna Fail and Labour are been showed once again, to leave people suffering. It's about time more of their supporters woke up and kopped this more. Their continued supporting of them is leaving more suffering - in the case of a good bulk of Drogheda - possibly even with themselves too.
    It's time we stopped supporting those that truly are not supporting us.
    ...In the meantime, many thousands of people are being left to suffer - and we are now looking at a fourth day coming, of being without basic water. The excuses will likely be printed in next week editions of local papers - unlike myself, being again blanked, for long time trying to raise such issues and get them headed off before they can even arise.

Maybe a solution would be to chip in and raise some funds to fix the problem, like a water charge perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

I'm in that area and we have had either no water or no pressure since yesterday morning .. the fault is a burst in the mains supply and the pipes are so old they can't even source parts for the repair .. they have an engineering company making bespoke parts.

As is already said .. the discussions around my dinner table are about the need to raise money to finance the creaking infrastructure.. while Jeff moans about having to pay to fix stuff.

He has been giving out about how he does not have the luxuary of a summer off like the political class .... he's had a decade off at our expense

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

People object to paying for creaking water infrastructure then get mad when they discover that investment is needed.

Perhaps we need a poll to see whether the funding required should be taken from general taxation going into either social housing or health.

Due the the Media Blanking Jeff has yet another Facebook page on the go ... Ireland Reports.

It will be where he reports the news ... that the media won't.

Just Jeffs interpretation of stuff ... where does he get the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Bishopsback

I see they hope to have a limited supply back up and running today, but it could be Thursday before all the problems are fixed.
    IW have a duty to fix it one way or another and I hope its resolved as quickly as possible for all involved, not nice to have no water. Good luck up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Sounds like poetic justice for opposing water charges tbh.

Has Paul Murphy made a statement yet? Or is he on holiday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

..... or for that matter Drogheda's own Brendan Ogle. I see he has a book out about the water charges campaign.

..... or for that matter Drogheda's own Brendan Ogle.  I see he has a book out about the water charges campaign.
    Probably had enough spare cash lying around after Apollo House to finance a large print run!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,458 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

He was in Barcelona for the weekend celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Russian revolution. I ain't making that up either

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Think he was on with Pat Kenny this morning, I heard the words "radical left" and "wealth tax" before turning the radio off.

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Think he was on with Pat Kenny this morning, I heard the words "radical left" and "wealth tax" before turning the radio off.

I think that was Mick Barry. Spouting the usual tripe about those who have most (Through hard work) to pay for everyone else. Pat gave him enough rope to hang himself. Which he did then Pat went for the jugular.

I think that was Mick Barry. Spouting the usual tripe about those who have most (Through hard work) to pay for everyone else. Pat gave him enough rope to hang himself. Which he did then Pat went for the jugular.

He had "right-wing governments" and "capitalism in general" uttered within the first ten seconds. Impressive :rolleyes:

http://www.newstalk.com/listen_back/13240/37757/25th_July_2017_-_The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Part_1/

He had "right-wing governments" and "capitalism in general" uttered within the first ten seconds. Impressive :rolleyes:

http://www.newstalk.com/listen_back/13240/37757/25th_July_2017_-_The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Part_1/
    Good on Pat for calling him out.

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Good on Pat for calling him out.

Pat was in no humour for his nonsense and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Delighted to be able to discuss all things UP again. 

This was mentioned earlier and I had to find it again. It took ten minutes of scrolling back through 4 days of his posts. 
    The sheer gall of the man. Having a go at actual working people for taking holidays
    423433.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Delighted to be able to discuss all things UP again. 

This was mentioned earlier and I had to find it again. It took ten minutes of scrolling back through 4 days of his posts. 
    The sheer gall of the man. Having a go at actual working people for taking holidays
    attachment.php?attachmentid=423433[img][/img]

He's dead right - the only type of break from work anyone should ever be allowed to take should be 365-days-a-year for a few years, all at the taxpayers expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ok, let's check those inboxes guys. :cool:

If anyone receives any emails supposedly from a member of UnitedPeople - in the next 48 hours or have done so already in the last 24 hours - please treat them with extreme caution. Unless you have initiated the original communication, please treat other emails as possible false.
    It appears that persons known to others presently in UnitedPeople, are again up to their old low gutter style political tricks, Garda and more, are likely now to become more involved at our request. High priority Investigations are underway.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭blackwhite

If anyone receives any emails supposedly from a member of UnitedPeople - in the next 48 hours or have done so already in the last 24 hours - please treat them with extreme caution. Unless you have initiated the original communication, please treat other emails as possible false.
    It appears that persons known to others presently in UnitedPeople, are again up to their old low gutter style political tricks, Garda and more, are likely now to become more involved at our request. High priority Investigations are underway.

Images emerging from Drogheda garda station

423444.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

He had posted a video from the news ... highlighting that his wife was in the queue with a buggy for water ... while this is shameful that this is happening in Ireland .. the fact that he can't see what is odd about having his wife, a mother of six (if I'm not Mistaken) and just weeks with a new born off getting the water while he bangs away on a keyboard plotting world domination

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Oddly enough, while I was filling bottles of water at the the Lion's Mouth near Kentstown the other day, I wondered where Jeff would be banging on about the injustice of having to get off his a*se and do something constructive for his kids and, lo and behold, there he is - jabbing a keyboard when the voluntary effort between Drogheda and here was in full swing.
    It's been a while since I've experienced the camaraderie that happened over the last week: good-humoured queuing in Aldi, farmers and football clubs leaving cubes of water at the gate for people to help themselves, the Order of Malta calling to old folks to make sure they were stocked up, it was a massive effort but we all got through it.
    Not so for Mr. EveryThingForNothing it seems - no he'd sooner try to curry sympathy by highlighting his Mrs. in a queue. Look, Jeff - a lot of people queued, old, young and in between - and most were happy to do so because that's what happens in life - sometimes things go blimmin' pear shaped and there's feck all we can do but try to ease the inconvenience by actually looking after ourselves and ours - not bitching on whatever forum you get most likes on,.

Well said

Jeff as someone who aspires to public office looks like he didn't do a tap all week to help out, volunteer despite not being employed.

Shows more about his character than his rambling posts online

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

This response by UP popped up on one of its own threads on FB...

UnitedPeople
    UnitedPeople Let's go fly a kite
    Up to its highest height
    We'll try the plebiscite
    And catch them snoaring
    Then when the sky is clear
    We even tax the atmosphere
    Oh let's go.
    Leo
    Oh let's go.
    Meehole
    Oh let's go.
    Tax the ****es!

He's never really gotten his head around humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

humberklog wrote: »
    This response by UP popped up on one of its own threads on FB...

UnitedPeople
    UnitedPeople Let's go fly a kite
    Up to its highest height
    We'll try the plebiscite
    And catch them snoaring
    Then when the sky is clear
    We even tax the atmosphere
    Oh let's go.
    Leo
    Oh let's go.
    Meehole
    Oh let's go.
    Tax the ****es!

He's never really gotten his head around humour.
    He's obsessed with tax when he pays sweet fook all. Ronan Lyons put up a chart on twitter which showed Ireland had the greatest redistribution of wealth in the western world. Some consider that laudable but when you're trying to bring up kids on a median income in Ireland you can't but feel a rage with the likes of Jeff with his forever bungalow and massive family.

Yet he will post endless times about how the government will collect money to pay for all the services including his forever home, ever expanding children and the ability to spend his days bashing a keyboard ... and all the injustices of it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

This from the ever interesting Enda...

Enda D. Reynolds created a poll in Re-United People.
    16 mins ·
    His Lordship, the exalted Jaffa the Redd has once again seen fit to launch a ranting repetetive diatribe in whatever variation of the English Language it is he chooses to use....
    The 'source' of this latest unitelligible gibberish appears to be some attempts by the people in Standards In Public Office (S.I.P.O.) to ascertain as to precisely WHY jaffa decided to establish an on line funding Post without the STATUTORY Banking Account in place to accept such funds BEFORE ANY MONEY/FUNDS & DONATIONS CAN BE REQUESTED OR SECURED.

I've gone looking on Jeff's and Up's FB pages but can't find the post Enda's referring to. But there does appear to be a lot of deleting going on for the last few days. Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

is that pointing to the funding page set up before the last GE? Didn't that spark off the great UP uprising?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Usually when things get hot, our hero cites an important personal matter which demand his immediate attention, and then disappears for a prolonged period (in his case, a prolonged period offline amounts to twelve hours or so in any 24 hour period).

He did so again this time, citing a mysterious family crisis, and assuring his fans that they could still contact him on matters of ever more better critical vital state importance and more so. I wonder if the case of the unaccountable donations has come up again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement