Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swords CP this wk/end

Options
  • 30-05-2011 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

On the cycling Ireland calender there's a Swords CP this wk/end (05/06/11).
    Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's the Swords GP on the Corduff Circuit (finishing on the hill;))

Martyn Irvine won this race last year

There is also the Kathleen O'Sullivan on the Garristown circuit the following Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Last year was a combined A4 and A3 race with A4 getting about 2 mins. All came together at the end.

A1/2 race was a war of attrition with only about 15 finishing. will be intersting to see how many appear for it after the Ras just finishing yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

The website shows two different distances - 80k / 120k. Anyone know the setup for the A4 race?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Probably A3, A4 for the 80km and A1, A2 for the 120km.

Ta!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So that's 4 times up the Nags head for the slow race and 6 times for the fast one

I think the Kathleen O'Sullivan is only for A3s and A4s (although I expect to see you all at the 25mTT the previous night anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Will the A4 still be 80k this year even with the distance restriction this year? Im sure i ll hate this hill enough after wednesday anyway

There was talk of a seperate a4 race last year but the fear was the lap wasn't long enough and that the A1's would catch so it was combined.

not sure what the deal is this year but last year there were combined races of up to 100km and A4's were thrown in. Will see what I can find out at club league tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

shaungil wrote: »
    There was talk of a seperate a4 race last year but the fear was the lap wasn't long enough and that the A1's would catch so it was combined.

not sure what the deal is this year but last year there were combined races of up to 100km and A4's were thrown in. Will see what I can find out at club league tomorrow.

A4's are restricted to 80km!

Not going to name clubs but I did a combined 100 km race as an A4 last season. It was advertised as seperate A4 but when I arrived they said there weren't enough numbers so we were thrown in a combined A1234 race in the lashing rain for 100km. I mentioned the distance restriction but was answered with a shoulder shrug. Carnage but great fun.

If 80km on Sunday would guess it will be combined A3/4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

shaungil wrote: »
    Not going to name clubs but I did a combined 100 km race as an A4 last season. It was advertised as seperate A4 but when I arrived they said there weren't enough numbers so we were thrown in a combined A1234 race in the lashing rain for 100km. I mentioned the distance restriction but was answered with a shoulder shrug. Carnage but great fun.

T'wasn't at Robinstown by any chance :rolleyes:

You may think that but I couldn't possibly comment. Bonus point if you can name the TV series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Im sure i ll hate this hill enough after wednesday anyway

are we doing this track tomorrow as well ? some body said the tt was this wen ?

are we doing this track tomorrow as well ? some body said the tt was this wen ?
    25Mile TT is the following week AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Anyone care to link to a map of the circuit for those of us who aren't swordsmen*?

*why don't you guys call yourselves that? I would?

kennyb3 wrote: »
    25Mile TT is the following week AFAIK

Correct.

Here is the Swords "Swordsmen" peleton in action!

So the GP is the same as Wednesday's league race only (much) longer?

niceonetom wrote: »
    Anyone care to link to a map of the circuit for those of us who aren't swordsmen*?

*why don't you guys call yourselves that? I would?
    http://ridewithgps.com/routes/80502

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Thanks folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    So the GP is the same as Wednesday's league race only (much) longer?

Not enormously so - only one extra go up the hill for A4s. I wouldn't have minded chancing this as my first open race but the Dubs (and my football mad youngfella) must take priority.

Not enormously so - only one extra go up the hill for A4s. I wouldn't have minded chancing this as my first open race but the Dubs (and my football mad youngfella) must take priority.

Must they? You should teach him to deal with disappointments!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 A44Ever

Does anyone have a map for the route on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

A44Ever wrote: »
    Does anyone have a map for the route on Sunday?

It's been posted twice now, four or five posts above yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 A44Ever

Thanks for the maps, and sorry for asking again. I should have checked for any updates before posting. It's all new to me so bear with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kellt

with this race being an open race i presume that the pace is not as intense as a swords club league race on the same route or am i wrong?

I've never done an Open race as hard and as intense as some of the Club leagues so yeah typically is easier until near the end as you're not chasing down the earlier groups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

kellt wrote: »
    with this race being an open race i presume that the pace is not as intense as a swords club league race on the same route or am i wrong?

Opposite - it will be quicker in the open race :)

Advertisement