Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are you right now? Part 5

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Autosport wrote: »
    You offering ;)
    I've made enough babies :pac:
    So I'm just perfecting at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Giving in to this "Christmas" malarky and making some mince pies. Mince mix is cold in the pot, pastry is chilling in the fridge, and the oven is preheating. I have 46 undergraduate essays coming to me to mark in two minutes so I reckon I'll need all the pies to get me through the afternoon. No sharing here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Giving in to this "Christmas" malarky and making some mince pies. Mince mix is cold in the pot, pastry is chilling in the fridge, and the oven is preheating. I have 46 undergraduate essays coming to me to mark in two minutes so I reckon I'll need all the pies to get me through the afternoon. No sharing here.

Hmm....you had better give us for emm....taste testing purposes of course :3

Edward M wrote: »
    That's natural enough. I remember our first being on the way, I was a wreck and herself the same.
    We were wrecked after she was born too, had many worries and problems, but we wouldn't change a minute of any of it.
    My Mrs would still say she wasn't a perfect mum, but she was the best without ever realising it.

Well I recently had an epiphany moment which is creating a lot of anxiety and fear around motherhood. I have "commitment issues". Still getting my head around this because I've always thought different. When I look back though I can see it. All the times I said that I can't see myself being with the one man forever, now and then feeling like the grass is greener, panicking when himself mentions "the future".
    In fact panic is the predominant feeling around it all and if I go too deep down the rabbit I will end up wanting to run away to the top of a mountain.

So it's not a straightforward decision for me which isn't a surprise given how erm "interesting" my life has been so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m raging, I went there and turns out they’re insomnia and they had the wrong cups :( I can’t remember which shop had the cups I wanted now, I thought it was that shop I saw.
    I had a regular americano and I am practically bouncing 😂😂
    I’m in work though

Is this the one you’re after? Because it is Costa that do them :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Deskside. Trying to get something achieved. Eating Werthers Original and wondering if my friend is going to commit to going to Tomorrowland next summer, assuming we get tickets. I'm gonna be 40 next year and although life has improved immeasurably, I still have a long way to go and am having alot of down moments lately, mornings and the run up to Christmas. If I had this to look foward to it would really be something nice I think :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Deskside. Trying to get something achieved. Eating Werthers Original and wondering if my friend is going to commit to going to Tomorrowland next summer, assuming we get tickets. I'm gonna be 40 next year and although life has improved immeasurably, I still have a long way to go and am having alot of down moments lately, mornings and the run up to Christmas. If I had this to look foward to it would really be something nice I think :)

Whats Tomorrowland?

Bedside,Time for be.....zzzzz 😴😴😴

northgirl wrote: »

I had it in my head that you were twentysomething NG :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Home from making a start on the Christmas shopping. I really hate browsing in shops. I prefer to go in knowing what I want, if they have it take it, if not leave. What is with this wandering around aisles randomly looking at things before deciding we need to go elsewhere?

Good to see the town busy with shoppers though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Is this the one you’re after? Because it is Costa that do them :)

That’s the cup!!!!!!

Persepoly wrote: »
    I had it in my head that you were twentysomething NG :)

I wish!

I'm at work. All in a tizzy after talking to my boss who I am madly crushing on. It's a miracle if anything else gets done here today. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Deskside printing out my train tickets for the weekend.:)

Tomorrow a nice meet up with two lovely ladies. One of them is moving in her brandnew finished apartment on saturday. Together with two other guys i’ll be one of the muscles carrying boxes around under supervision. :pac:

On sunday a loooong brunch and then retourning home with the local choo choo train. Two hours for 120km and changing two times.

Will be funny with the two boss ladies in charge.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Home sweet home..
    Northgirl. I thought you were 20 something too lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just about to go to bed coz have to be up in 6 hours to go to court to fight for my deposit back from my crappy ex-landlord. Court in Ireland is scary enough but worse in a country where I don't know the lingo. Thankfully the sweetest-guy-on-the-planet is coming with me so he can help me navigate the process.

On a good note.....wait for it....your gonna love it.......

MY HOUSE SALE IS COMPLETED!!!!

Got 10k into my account today to get me through until the Solicitor takes his cut and pays off my mortgage. Am so happy coz now I can relax a little with a bit of money in my pocket. Phew.

Night all!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yay for Witchie!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Witchie wrote: »
    Just about to go to bed coz have to be up in 6 hours to go to court to fight for my deposit back from my crappy ex-landlord. Court in Ireland is scary enough but worse in a country where I don't know the lingo. Thankfully the sweetest-guy-on-the-planet is coming with me so he can help me navigate the process.

On a good note.....wait for it....your gonna love it.......

MY HOUSE SALE IS COMPLETED!!!!

Got 10k into my account today to get me through until the Solicitor takes his cut and pays off my mortgage. Am so happy coz now I can relax a little with a bit of money in my pocket. Phew.

Night all!

Sleep peacefully knowing there's no more house hassle , delighted for you !!

That's a great early Christmas present !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ordering flowers for my friends last day in work tomorrow. I'm gonna be a mess :( Bring on the solpadeines

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

And typically can't sleep...just over 3 hours until have to get up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Lookin up cake recipes. Just cos like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

In bed all snuggled up watching basketball

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm determined to make a biscuit cake and millionaire shortbread soon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

On my Todd, reclining watching telly and reading through a few threads.
    Bored really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I'm determined to make a biscuit cake and millionaire shortbread soon..

I need more gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Supermacs, ordered pizza for the weary actors. None for me cos I had a wrap last night after the show and I still managed to lose 3lbs this week woohoo. :D

@witchie, I'm so delighted for you, there's nothing like the relief of a sale finally closing. Yay. Happy Christmas :)

I need more gear!

Jaysis, gear?. Wasn't the baking i was thinking of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hope they have magic ingredients

I’m just leaving work no time to go to the shop for stuff for dinner in case I miss I’m a celeb

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Homeside, watching Netflix, wondering if it is too early to go to bed.

Cream crackered here.

• Advertisement

Just home from my exercise class.. Poured a glass of wine as soon as I got in just in case I lost any weight.. Stove lighting and the folks just arrived for a visit.. I suppose I better share the bottle.. Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement