Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George H W Bush has died

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Last respectable Republican president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The first American prezzie I was aware of.

His presidency gave the Simpsons some great moments. The (brilliant) episode that features him, obvs, but also taking the piss out of the infamous Willie Horton campaign ad.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

paw patrol wrote: »
    that "idiot" was US president twice...what have you achieved?

When was the second time...?? (1989 - 1993 and.....?)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

How did that New World Order work out for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

He was the puppet master for his son's first term, that's well known...he even held court in the oval office

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I had no idea he was still alive!

He's not, read the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

He was 94 !!

Exactly. He had so much more to give.

Terrible when young men are cut down in their prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭LeBash

Sciprio wrote: »
    I will not shed a tear for a terrorist who killed inocent people and then then gave birth to a terrorist just to send innocent people to their deaths just to compete or surpass their daddies unfinished business.

I'm fairly sure Barb gave birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Vinculus wrote: »
    How did that New World Order work out for him?

BWO Bush World Order

Hogan and The Outsiders said no to Bush

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Patww79 wrote: »
    Not sure who I was thinking of but I thought he died years ago.

Reagan I'd say?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

flatty wrote: »
    He bred the idiot who unleashed havoc on millions of innocents.
    I'll not mourn the passing of any of them.

He did that too as well as has son.

He was president for the first gulf war.

But like you say, didnt they all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

He's not, read the OP.

They didn’t say “is still alive”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

LeBash wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure Barb gave birth.

That's what the one pants leg rolled up brigade want you to think! Think for yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What a family in fairness, two Presidents and a Governor in Jebb.

The matriarch Barbara nee Pierce was also a Great Great grand daughter of Franklin Pierce, the 14th President of the USA . Democrat

• Registered Users Posts: 23,252 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The 2 terms mentioned related to the son as someone said he bred the idiot son .....
    The response was that idiot was president for 2 terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

He’s thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Born into a wealthy family and raised with a silver spoon...despite that he enlisted and fought in WW2 as a pilot, flying over 42 missions and getting shot down by the Japanese...that is bravery whatever why you look at it.

He then entered public service and ended up head of the secret service, CIA and president...some life even if you disagree with his policies....

It’s funny to watch the comments by Irish people this morning calling him a war mongorer which is fair enough but those same keyboard warriors will kneel at the house of Obama despite him dropping bombs like confetti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

yew_tree wrote: »
    Born into a wealthy family and raised with a silver spoon...despite that he enlisted and fought in WW2 as a pilot, flying over 42 missions and getting shot down by the Japanese...that is bravery whatever why you look at it.

He then entered public service and ended up head of the secret service, CIA and president...some life even if you disagree with his policies....

It’s funny to watch the comments by Irish people this morning calling him a war mongorer which is fair enough but those same keyboard warriors will kneel at the house of Obama despite him dropping bombs like confetti.

So the white man is a hero...the back man a bomber ....yes...that's all we need to know....as you were

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They say Director of the CIA is the most important job in the country.

They know more than the pres and are not obliged by law to indulge.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

So the white man is a hero...the back man a bomber ....yes...that's all we need to know....as you were

Your implying I’m a racist which is a total lie...your twisting my argument. I also never called Bush a hero...I said enlisting in the military was brave because he didn’t have to. My point is Bish, Obama etc...there is no difference it’s US foreign policy.

Now run along...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

A nasty piece of work.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

The black man was a bomber though. Does he get exemptions for killing Yemeni because he is black? That’s tough on them, if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

So what if he was? So he had some amazingly corrupt bast@rds behind him to get him two terms.
    Glad you are you in awe of the all the dead he left in his wake. "Mission Accomplished".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

George W Bush was "slotted" into the role. His whole life is a farce. His PhD is a joke. His pilots lisence (Turned up 6 times for training) and military service (mothballed bomber held back and saved from Vietnam) was a joke. He was put in there so Daddy could get Rumsfeld and Cheney to do the donkey work around the White house. Any business he ever touched ran into the ground including drilling in the middle east. He lost loads of other peoples money in private industry. Its a miracle how he got elected...... oh yeah Al Gore his old Yale/Skull and Bones buddy stepped down and loads of ballot boxes went missing in Dade county Florida.

How could my boring life compete with that? Its all in his biography

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Now that he is dead people will now forget all the evil things he got up too and say RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

nullzero wrote: »
    A nasty piece of work.

Tried to have Reagan assassinated, only the hand of God could have saved him. If only he could have taken out Obama instead

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Remembers when The Simpson's dog chased him down the road.

Homer: I guess you could say he's barking up the wrong Bush.

Internal monologue: There it is Homer, the smartest thing you've ever said and nobody around to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Benteke wrote: »
    Now that he is dead people will now forget all the evil things he got up too and say RIP

Have you not read the thread? He's been called a warmonger, an idiot and a terrorist. I personally think his biggest crime was being a bad neighbour.

fxqscnqv9g1dyplkm3uh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They say Director of the CIA is the most important job in the country.

They know more than the pres and are not obliged by law to indulge.

And they love training the taliban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Let's be honest here. He was an "idiot" look at who's in office now. Do you think it actually takes brains to get in office? You get in with a network of great connections. At least that how it is generally. Ronald Reagan a bloody actor got in. The US presidency is not massively hinged on intelligence, at least not in the last 35 years.

Advertisement