Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Asgard insurance

• 07-10-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Yo,

Anyone here have insurance with Asgard insurance? Was checking prices, and got a €1000 quote for a 1.6 Mondeo (I'm on my 2nd Provisional, and over 25 years old), and I was like OH-MY-GAWD, as most of the rest were giving quotes of €1800, etc.

So, was wondering what are they like, and what are they like when you crash?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

With insurance co's, its yo pay yo money, yo take yo chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You will need to compare the policy details with the others to see if you are really saving money.

When it comes to pay outs all insurance companies fall into the same boat, they do their utmost to avoid it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

bazz26 wrote: »
    You will need to compare the policy details with the others to see if you are really saving money.

When it comes to pay outs all insurance companies fall into the same boat, they do their utmost to avoid it.

not true, one of my drivers had a minor tip about 3 years ago, eventhough it was not fault the other party claimed & FBD wanted to pay out , I wouldn't agree & counter claimed , paid an engineer & won the case with exps. in court .

it would be easy option for FBD & my NCB would be gone down the swanee

it certainly pays to shop around & we have recently taken the last of our insurance from FBD after been a customer 34 years they just were not competitive any more ecpecially with young drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭maidhc

bazz26 wrote: »

I hope Asgard insurance dont! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I was with asgard for my first two years driving and did so precisely because of the difference in cost compared to everyone else. I never had a problem with them, but that said, I never made a claim either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

maidhc wrote: »
    I hope Asgard insurance dont! :D

Ba-doom-tish! Well played :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I'm with them also, but It's my first year on insurance, quote was quite keen compared to everyone else. No claims touch wood. My car is a POS anyway, premium is more than the value of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 orlando.pf

Do they have a website ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Can anyone PM me asgards number? I did have it but can't find it on the net or in the phonebook anywhere.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

My understanding is they only sell in Ireland through brokers so don't have a general contact number?

• Advertisement

My understanding is they only sell in Ireland through brokers so don't have a general contact number?
    Have you a brokers number that operate with them :D

(not one in Galway now, unless they'll give it to me on the cheap ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 14 oneila

Does anyone have a number for Asgard? Been in Australia for a few years, come back and the insurance here is gone ridiculous!

I rang one of their brokers. Was told they can't compete with quinn and axa =/

Haggle with Quinn and Axa. i got 300 odd euro knocked off my premium just by haggling the two of them.

"well Axa are giving me this, this and this."

Quinn: "Ok well we'll match that for 200 euro less"

ring Axa

"Yeah quinn are matching your price"

Axa: "Ok how about we throw in legal expenses and medical expenses up to €100,000"

ring quinnn

"Axa are giving me legal and medical cover"

Quinn: "we don't do legal cover unfortunately"

Ring Axa and seal the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭keaves

Does any one have a number for Asgard in ireland? I got car insurance with them last monday through insure.ie and still have no insurance disk to put in the window of my car. i know i can drive without it but im on a provsional so i dont want to take any chances of being pulled over for no disk. would i have to inquire through insure about why its taking so long??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Asgard only go through Brokers so you would have to ring Insure.ie. They usually have a 3 working day turn around but the docs have to be posted to the broker first and from them on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

trying to tax my car,have all the details to tax it online but there is no "Asgard" option from the drop down menu...what am i supposed to do here?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

barryd09 wrote: »
    trying to tax my car,have all the details to tax it online but there is no "Asgard" option from the drop down menu...what am i supposed to do here?
    Asgards is part of the Lyods group. Sure, look at the back of the sheet which had your insurance disk on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I'm in the process of finalising my insurance for the next year with them, through Britton in Donegal. Its my second year driving & i got a great quote of 1200 fully comp on a 2006 2 litre(dont ask :)). The next cheapest i cud find was FBD for 1500. Every other quote doesnt bare mentioning. No idea what there actually like to deal with but i dont intend to find out.

Advertisement