Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What new penalty point offence would you create if you could?

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

....Points for displaying L plates if you are not an L driver.

What would you do with people who display both L and N plates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

What would you do with people who display both L and N plates?

-2 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    The Rules of the Road (RSA) indicate that any exit beyond 12 o'clock (straight ahead) should commence from the right hand lane.

I'm not sure if it's a law or a guideline.

If the driver in the left lane is going to 3 o’clock and the driver in the right lane is going straight ahead you’d be going across them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

No, only one of them is specific to trucks. A particular foodservice company delivering to restaurants and a particular wholesalers are notorious for it on my very short commute. I'm anti-parking-like-an-entitled-asshole.

Needing to park where I can reasonably get my tail lift open, off load 7 heavy cages ( sometimes more than 250kg each) of food and drink, have space to actually get them up the curb and into the shop that provides jobs and a service to the community makes me entitled?

I sure don't FEEL entitled while I struggle to to get aforementioned cages up onto the curb past parked cars or strip them down and carry tons of product into a shop one at a time while being looked at and spoken to like a mere nuisance.

On that note 6 points for abandoning a vehicle in a loading bay when you're clearly not loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Loads of people asked that exact same question on the Spanish forum :)

The left lane of a Spanish roundabout is for:

o Making the 9 o'clock (third) exit, as long as you can safely merge back into the right lane just after the 12 o'clock (second) exit.

You can't exit from the left lane of a Spanish roundabout at the third exit... even if the exit road has two lanes. They consider that as 'cutting up'.

The official preference is to drive all around the roundabout in the right lane.

o Performing a full 360 degree turn of the roundabout. Going back where you came from. Once again, you need to filter back into the right lane between the third and fourth exits.

And exactly same rules (just change the times to reflect we are goofing) are valid in Ireland. The RSA guidance has NO underlying laws, except for "we think it would be best".

• Advertisement

Driving with only sidelights on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Driving with DRL's only at night - 6 points

Turning before indicating - 4 points

braking and then turning before indicating - 6 points

applying makeup while driving - 8 points

looking around at / paying attention to a baby in the back seat while driving - 8 points

rubbernecking, if you drop speed by even 5km/h to look at an accident - 12 points immediate ban.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,969 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If the driver in the left lane is going to 3 o’clock and the driver in the right lane is going straight ahead you’d be going across them.

if youre at 6 o clock, then any driver coming from your right going to either your 12 o clock or 3 o clock.... should already be in the right lane.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Failure to dim your headlights should get a 6 penatly points and a €1,000 fine

Using those very bright new type of lights, execution

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Driving at a crawling 20km/hr on rural roads and on the complete opposite side of the road going around blind corners but thinking you're safe because you are going so slow... immediate ban and resit of the test.

Endangering vulnerable road users... 5 points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Bandon Road Roundabout can take a lot of points, for poor road markings at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Driving with fog lights on, when there’s no fog.

No points, but drivers should be made to spray ‘I am a tool’ in foot high letters down each side of their car.

Advertisement