Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTI Galway - Beauty course - Fees

• 04-07-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I've just been accepted to GTI to do a beauty course, its not the two-year one. Its a one year course. I had to pay €255 fee today and just wondering will I need to pay more fees? or if anyone has done this course, Do I have to buy a kit/uniform? The course i'm doing is Certificate in Beauty Therapy, its more like a beautician receptionist course, I think :/ Appreciate any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AislingM18

what does that mean? lol
    new to boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

Well done on getting accepted, I had to pay a once off fee last year for my course at GTI but I know some of the other classes such as hairdressing, etc have to pay for equipment and the like. So assuming you'll need equipment you will have to pay for it.

When did you have your interview if you don't mind me asking?, i'm still waiting to hear back from them on a different course :(

Thank you, I was just wondering was there more fees I have to pay nearer to when I start for exams or anything. I had my interview May 28th I think and I got my letter of acceptance on June 21st.

I hope you hear back from them soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 darercabeirne

hey ya think my friend doin that course and she said you have ta pay alot of money.. i applied 4 make up artistry and still waitin 4 a reply hopin to get in.. do u no ne 1 who went 4 that course? :D x

• Advertisement

Hey Darerca, I applied for the make-up artistry as my 3rd choice, I think there is more interviews in August. You should ring them and ask about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 darercabeirne

i rang them 2day and they said that the letters for this course have still not went out yet? i rele want to get into this course.. do u no if i dont get accepted 1st time round can i go 4 the 2nd round interviews?? would love to no if any1 has applied 4the course 4 there 1st choice?? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

i rang them 2day and they said that the letters for this course have still not went out yet? i rele want to get into this course.. do u no if i dont get accepted 1st time round can i go 4 the 2nd round interviews?? would love to no if any1 has applied 4the course 4 there 1st choice?? thanks :)

Second round interviews are more than likely only offered to people who are successful in the first round for a limited number of places. I hope for your sake you read through your application form before submitting it if this post is anything to go by. How about writing properly and not in text speak and also considering a spell check? Surely this is something someone seeking to get into further studies and a year from being potentially qualified should be prioritising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rowdy_1989

i did that course last year,there are more fees to pay as far as i remember..and then towards exam time you have more to pay to cover exams and the like!cant remember offhand how much more i had to pay tho..sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

AislingM18 wrote: »
    Hi, I've just been accepted to GTI to do a beauty course, its not the two-year one. Its a one year course. I had to pay €255 fee today and just wondering will I need to pay more fees? or if anyone has done this course, Do I have to buy a kit/uniform? The course i'm doing is Certificate in Beauty Therapy, its more like a beautician receptionist course, I think :/ Appreciate any help.

I got into that course aswell!!See ya in Sept ;) I know 2 girls that did it before me they said we have to buy our own kit and thats cost them 80euro but apparently its crap,way better if ya buy ya own stuff and proper brushes aswell.We have to buy the tunic too from the college,I was going to buy it off amazon but they said they change it every year!
    I dont know about books because theyre giving me theirs but i can ask them for ya and see where ya can get them cheap too!

I havent heard anymore about our induction yet because I moved to galway ,Was in to the college to change my address but their system wouldn't change it :( Have you had a letter about it yet??

• Advertisement

magztar wrote: »
    I got into that course aswell!!See ya in Sept ;) I know 2 girls that did it before me they said we have to buy our own kit and thats cost them 80euro but apparently its crap,way better if ya buy ya own stuff and proper brushes aswell.We have to buy the tunic too from the college,I was going to buy it off amazon but they said they change it every year!
    I dont know about books because theyre giving me theirs but i can ask them for ya and see where ya can get them cheap too!

I havent heard anymore about our induction yet because I moved to galway ,Was in to the college to change my address but their system wouldn't change it :( Have you had a letter about it yet??
    Hi, no I haven't heard anything about registration day or anything, I was actually getting a bit worried. Have your friends that done the course said if its a good course or if its tough or anything? I only noticed after I was accepted that its more of a business studies course?

Yeah in the first year its very like recieptionist/front of office and do nails aswell,If you go on for the 2nd year you get to do more of the beauty side of things.
    They got on fine,they said they never had any problems and they both did the 2 years,1 of the girls is working on a cruise ship doing beauty and 1 is working in a salon now.

Yeah I think i'm gonna call down to them about it,getting a bit worried now myself because its so near .

Rang GTI today ,she said its not for def but induction day will be Monday 5th of sept,She said we would get a text message before,I'd say we'll get it next week after all the leaving cert results are out.

Also found out today theres a student service charge of 200euro,I remeber the lady in the interview saying something about it but with nerves went clean out of my head,Dont know for def yet ,Id say they say something about it on the day,It's a new goverment charge for this year so I'd say put away 200 euro just incase :)

I'm getting all excited now just have to get childcare sorted now!See ya on the 5th! :)

magztar wrote: »
    Rang GTI today ,she said its not for def but induction day will be Monday 5th of sept,She said we would get a text message before,I'd say we'll get it next week after all the leaving cert results are out.

Also found out today theres a student service charge of 200euro,I remeber the lady in the interview saying something about it but with nerves went clean out of my head,Dont know for def yet ,Id say they say something about it on the day,It's a new goverment charge for this year so I'd say put away 200 euro just incase :)

I'm getting all excited now just have to get childcare sorted now!See ya on the 5th! :)

Oh no, I'm actually on holidays that day. Going away on the 3rd. Will have to ring them now to try sort something. I think I will need to put more than €200 away, Just looking at houses online now, Very expensive in Galway! Oh well, still looking forward to getting started :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GalwaYGaLX1X

hi AislingM

I done this course beautician receptionist 2 years ago, to be honest it was good but i felt very hard done by. in total i had to pay €1100, you said you already paid 255 so minus that, but you pay for books, uniforms, exam fees, skin kit, make up kit, nails kit, and a whole load of other things even though we still had to buy our own towels etc! bit of a rip off now tbh but its still good and you meet loads of new people! also note if you do not have a medical card you will be required to pay €50 for your FETAC exams aswell! i knwo it sounds a lot of money but think if you went private you wouldnt have as much skills (business, reception etc) and would pay triple this. good luck i hope you enjoy it and if you have any questions dont hesitate to mail me on this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Berdetta

I'm also starting in GTI. My understanding is if you have a medical card you don't have to pay the €200 charge

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

Anyone a clue as to what day GTI opens again? I assume the 5th or so

Berdetta wrote: »
    I'm also starting in GTI. My understanding is if you have a medical card you don't have to pay the €200 charge

Is that the student service charge?Ah that would be brilliant if thats the case coz I dont have the 200euro!

I rang the GTI about 2 weeks ago and the girl on the phone said it would be the 5th but They would contact me closer to the time :/
    Theyre kinda cutting it a bit fine to be honest with a week to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Berdetta

I asked them at my interview about the €200 student service charge & they said the medical card covers it. Hope this is correct, as I don't have this money either.

elvis99 wrote: »
    Anyone a clue as to what day GTI opens again? I assume the 5th or so

I just got a txt message from GTI saying my induction day is 5th Sept

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 x123x

heya.. just wondering if you found childcare for your baby?
    im also starting gti next week but still cant find a chreche near gti

anyone know any good chreches/child minders near gti or city centre that you would recommend for a 9 month old baby

x123x wrote: »
    heya.. just wondering if you found childcare for your baby?
    im also starting gti next week but still cant find a chreche near gti

anyone know any good chreches/child minders near gti or city centre that you would recommend for a 9 month old baby

I got a woman in the paper,try the galway advertiser or the independent.
    Theres a website too you could try www.galwaychildcare.com ,Theyre on the tuam road they would have list of creches,Ive to go down tomorrow to see if theres any scheme I would qualify to help with the cost,A few people said I do qualify for something but gonna see what they say coz it'd be a great help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 x123x

ooh thats good.. thank you. i will check them out tomorrow, i know the scheme you are on about but as far as i know i think its only for nuig and gmit as gti is only a plc college. but there is another scheme that you might be able to get to help you with the cost, its part of the teen parent support program, they give like 200 or 250 a month towards child care while you are in full time education... thats what im getting to help me put my baby to chreche. but you have to be under 20 to get it or 21 as its for young mums. i hope this is of some help to ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DarinaM

Anyone accepted in to GTI Certificate In Beauty Therapy 2012? Waiting for my interview on the 28th in a few days really want this course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DarinaM

hi i have my interview for cert in beauty therapy in gti tomorrow morning! can anyone give me some advice as to what kind of questions il be expected to answer?
    and roughly how long does the interview last?thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

DarinaM wrote: »
    hi i have my interview for cert in beauty therapy in gti tomorrow morning! can anyone give me some advice as to what kind of questions il be expected to answer?
    and roughly how long does the interview last?thanks so much!
    ]
    Hi Darina

Did you hear anything back from your interview yet?

Advertisement