Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus eireann medical

• 24-09-2017 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all just wondering what does a bus eireann medical assessment involve, I've done all the stages and passed thank god, now I have the medical in the morning and this I think will be the last stage and I'm a little bit nervous I don't know what to expect would anybody have a idea what they do to pass you fit to drive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

tomo92 wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering what does a bus eireann medical assessment involve, I've done all the stages and passed thank god, now I have the medical in the morning and this I think will be the last stage and I'm a little bit nervous I don't know what to expect would anybody have a idea what they do to pass you fit to drive.

The definitle guidelines for Medical Practitioners conducting medical examination for Driver Licencing purposes are contained in an RSA publication called Sláinte agus Tiomant and available on the RSA website.

http://www.rsa.ie/RSA/Licensed-Drivers/Safe-driving/Medical-Issues/

What you will be having is a Pre-Employment medical,which will not differ too much from the RSA/NDLS requirements.

At this stage,with less than 24 Hours to go,I would suggest a good nights sleep and a positive spring in your step will bring you a long way.

Good Luck tomorrow. :D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Red Setter

Whatever you do, don't be on the drink for at least a week before the medical. And if you are fond of "illicit" substances... then good luck. They check for EVERYTHING...

They check bloods and urine for as i said, absolutely everything... anything at all that could be a risk is viewed with alarm, including opiate based painkillers like Solpadeine.

They are 1000 times more unforgiving than your regular doctor who may accept some element of "discrepancies" in the results. They are also extremely paranoid about weight and that BMI nonsense.

And if you have any issues like "stress" or depression when you are in the place, expect at least 4 weeks off work whilst they bring you in for a medical evaluation.

Stress and depression are rife in Bus Eireann... insane shifts, dysfunctional work practices... I say no more

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EoinPatrick

Hi,

Has anyone experience with colour vision issues in Bus Eireann. I am applying this year (2019), and that is the only thing that might catch me. It has had no bearing on my driving ability to date, GP signed me off to get the provisional D licence etc... Is this an issue?

Advertisement