Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20% discount any cd/dvd/game at C.D.W>O>W

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

All good things come to an end, I suppose. Looks like it's no longer working..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Dearg Doom

No, its still working blastman.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

Working fine for products and gift vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Oops, you're right. Don't know what I did earlier, but definitely my mistake...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

This discount is still working fine as is Serbians url parser but the deliveries have become suckingly slow

Orders early this month were coming in about 7 celendar days after shipping date but this has gone out to 14 days or more now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Sponge Bob wrote:
    This discount is still working fine as is Serbians url parser but the deliveries have become suckingly slow

Orders early this month were coming in about 7 celendar days after shipping date but this has gone out to 14 days or more now

Yeah, I ordered the 10th Anniversary Edition of Clerks and it hadn't arrived 21 days after ordering it. I emailed them last night and they sent out a replacement.

Came home from work today and it was sitting on the floor beneath the letter box. Typical!

I (today) have orders shipped up to the 14th of Sep which is most of them. 2 more 'out there' . I blame an Post who have gone to hell recently .

Better order those christmas pressies now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Sponge Bob wrote:
    I (today) have orders shipped up to the 14th of Sep which is most of them. 2 more 'out there' . I blame an Post who have gone to hell recently .

I think there's something to this, I went upto the Depot a few days ago to see if maybe there were some packages around that i was long overdue (ebay and cd-wow stuff). There was some story about stuff from the UK being delayed for weeks.

Then low and behold ten packages arrived all at once today! I'd love to know where the hell they were since over half of them were cd-wow stuff that had been dispatched almost three weeks ago(and I'd already received two of that order a fortnight ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Aye, much and all as I hated GLS for inbound US, An Post have been more pathetic in my experience. SDS boys are a big loss IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Sponge Bob wrote:

Better order those christmas pressies now :(

I ordered for birthday presents as well as myself and am running pretty close. I think it is an Post too because I am waiting on quite a number of packages from cdwow, play,popcorn & 7 day shop and all have been dispatched but still waiting. My worry is that if they are stuck in some warehouse / sorting office waiting for despatch that they will go walkies. Almost every cd/dvd received from cdwow has had the sticker on the front removed or peeled back to see what is in it. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Big probs in an post i'm told from a relaible source,
    Still waiting for my delivery fom CD wow :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

mik_da_man wrote:
    Big probs in an post i'm told from a relaible source,
    Still waiting for my delivery fom CD wow :mad:

Ah, and I thought it was just me.
    I am waiting for about 8 packages all shipped over the past 3 weeks (including 4 from cd-wow).
    What do you mean by "big probs"? I was starting to suspect foul play, i.e. some thieving git(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am waiting for 'Scrubs - Season 2' for over a week now.. and 'Lost - The Complete First Season' which was finally despatched last Wednesday...

mik_da_man.. any more details on An Post's "big probs"?!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

My Lost was just dispatched on Wed too. :D

On the An post problem, I have been told that there was a big problem in the Dublin sorting office. not too sure about the details. but it is really affecting all post coming through the country.
    AFAIK Dublin is not affected as much as anywhere else.

I'll be having a chat to my source @ da wkend so I'll try to get more info then

Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

It's an ongoing big problem then for An Post!!

I had stuff dispatched from cdwow and from ebay seelers in the UK that took 17 DAYS to get here from the beginning of September....still waiting for a good few things sent around Sept 13th as well.

Starting to get a bit concerned about ordering stuff for Christmas now if its taking almost 3 weeks for stuff to arrive in September!!

mik_da_man wrote:
    I have been told that there was a big problem in the Dublin sorting office.

Comreg have leaned on an Post. An Post have come up with shoddy creative accounting to appear to comply to the regulations.

examples.

1. There is a next day delivery target WITHIN IRELAND so

a) bump the foreign post because there is no target
    b) bring last collections forward from 6.30 (typically) until 4.30 in order to guarantee next day delivery

2. There is no TARGET for foreign inbound, resources have been diverted out of there .

3. The unions and management are not talking so the sorting centres are heading for gridlock with all the unresolved disputes.

4. temp posts are not being filled so some post offices only have 1 postman where there were Three and deliveries to their addresess are only done 2 days a week now not five.

5. The overall service disimproved MARKEDLY after they were refused a rise in charges about a month back . Are An Post sulking with Comreg and making us all suffer ???????? .

Finally

6. I know of a company in Clare which has suffered atrocious cashflow problems because they could not get invoices to their english customers. A staff member is now sent to Enniskillen every month (early) to post the invoices out to their customers.

ANYWAY :)Give CD Wow 3 weeks to deliver from the Shipping Date would appear to be the consensus view in here .

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

international post seems to be in a shocking state at the moment - I subscribe to an American magazine and I haven't received the last three weeks of it. CD-wow is coming from Luxemburg and is taking over a week. Play stuff is taking over a week as well.. bit of a pain in the neck..

parsi wrote:
    international post seems to be in a shocking state at the moment

Time for us to email consumerline@comreg.ie in case Comreg stick their heads where they usually do and pretend that they never knew there was a problem and could do nothing about it .

Ireland is ****ed if the postal system collapses . We could lose the M50 sooner than lose the International Post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Dearg Doom

Another thing to consider is, the longer that our packages languish in some sorting office the more likely they are to get damaged .
    In my experience whenever packages are delayed the chances of the case or disc being damaged are fairly high?
    Had one package arrive once looking like it was driven over by a forklift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Wanted to share this little bit of An Post joy with ye.

Ordered a transformers box set from play, it didn't arrive within 2 weeks and I was just about to ring up when my granny (lives next door) came back from holidays and rang me to tell me that there was a package for me in her bathroom!!!!

The daft git of a postman couldn't fit the package through the letter box and so instead of leaving a note went round the back of my grannys house found an open window and lobbed the package in. I guess i'm lucky the toilet seat was down but FFS the box set was in bits due to the 6ft drop from the top of the window

On topic am currently waiting on packages shipped on the 9th of September so not very happy

• Advertisement

Never mind when you ordered, when were they shipped by cd w , they may not have been in stock for a few days ????

(HINT , Log into your account on cd w where it tells you )

(HINT , HINT Thats the day the HK or Luxembourg Post got them too ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭savemejebus

sorry the items were shipped on the 9th,

21 days . Hmmm .

It was 7 days a month ago. At this (since early september) rate of disimprovement your christmas pressies should be ordered by the 20th of October soz u have them by the 25th of December :(

What WILL An Post do when the Christmas rush arrrives if things are this bad already ??

Shudderz :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

I did'nt recieve 2 of my 4 orders using the link. Emailed and asked them to post to a different address. Recieved today. Just email them, they are top notch in dealing with this.

garred wrote:
    Emailed and asked them to post to a different address. Recieved today.

WHAT !!!!????? You left the old address , went to a new address and blame CD W for that ?????

Get out of it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Sponge Bob wrote:
    WHAT !!!!????? You left the old address , went to a new address and blame CD W for that ?????

Get out of it :(

Nope and relax. Where did you get me moving from? Where did you get me blaming cd-wow from? I got them to post to a different address. I also actually said they were top notch.
    Just email them guys. They have a very good customer service and will post out replacements.

garred wrote:
    Nope and relax. Where did you get me moving from? Where did you get me blaming cd-wow from? I got them to post to a different address. I also actually said they were top notch.
    Just email them guys. They have a very good customer service and will post out replacements.

Have found CDWow to be faultless in this area as well from my own experience and not a bother on them to re-send something that hasnt turned up (only ever happened twice though!). Although I never thought of asking them to send a replacement item to a different address which aint a bad idea if you did have a light fingered postie!

Thing is though that if you email them asking to send a replacement after say 15-17 days and then it turns up, leaves you with the hassle of having to return it and also if this starts to happen alot from Irish addresses and people dont return the duplicates could trigger alarm bells for CD wow in the future :eek:

garred wrote:

Have found CDWow to be faultless in this area as well from my own experience and not a bother on them to re-send something that hasnt turned up (only ever happened twice though!). Although I never thought of asking them to send a replacement item to a different address which aint a bad idea if you did have a light fingered postie!

Thing is though that if you email them asking to send a replacement after say 15-17 days and then it turns up, leaves you with the hassle of having to return it and also if this starts to happen alot from Irish addresses thanks to huge delays from An Posts side and dishonesy types dont return the duplicates, it could trigger alarm bells for CD wow in the future :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I can see it now. a little asterix after the note saying
    * not applicable to irish customers due to their brutal biased postal system

I had cds not arrive in time for christmas pressies. bought them in HMV, gave them as pressies and then when it arrived I returned it with the HMV receipt. Not that I condone such dishonesty :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

rubadub wrote:
    I had cds not arrive in time for christmas pressies. bought them in HMV, gave them as pressies and then when it arrived I returned it with the HMV receipt.

That's not that dishonest in fairness. Nobody lost out! As for CDWOW customer service, it really makes up for their pretty crappy website and account management. I often opt for Play if the prices are similar as I find the site easier to use and the one-click ordering is a gift from God (or Satan depending on whether I'm looking at my credit card statement or not).

Advertisement