Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music on Samsung Galaxy S2

• 09-06-2011 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Ok, forgive me if this is a stupid question but Im coming from an iPhone & itunes world.

How the hell do I put my music onto the samsung ????? I thought if I plug in USB Id see some music folders, no ???

Any help !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Via Samsung KIES - download from the web, as you'll see elsewhere here on the android forum KIES is crap software:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

About the 15th time I've posted these exact same instructions in last few weeks :)

Plug cable into phone, other end into PC.
    Notice "usb connected" notification appears.
    Drag notification bar down, click on usb connected.
    Click mount, then ok to confirm.
    Notice external drive appears on PC.
    Copy files from local drive to external drive.
    Now select unmount on phone.
    Done.

Don't think you need KIES installed for this (if I'm wrong then £&*$^£&*^$(*£&$&£()&)"*$£&$£ KIES).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

srsly78 wrote: »
    About the 15th time I've posted these exact same instructions in last few weeks :)

Plug cable into phone, other end into PC.
    Notice "usb connected" notification appears.
    Drag notification bar down, click on usb connected.
    Click mount, then ok to confirm.
    Notice external drive appears on PC.
    Copy files from local drive to external drive.
    Now select unmount on phone.
    Done.

Don't think you need KIES installed for this (if I'm wrong then £&*$^£&*^$(*£&$&£()&)"*$£&$£ KIES).

Should you also list that it needs to go to a specific folder or is it ok to dump all your MP3s on the root of the drive?

Well for the sake of neatness you shouldn't dump it into the root :) I usually put mine in a folder called "music". But yes the android media scanner should find it anywhere (note it might not play WMA files tho).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

srsly78 wrote: »
    Well for the sake of neatness you shouldn't dump it into the root :) I usually put mine in a folder called "music". But yes the android media scanner should find it anywhere (note it might not play WMA files tho).

Doubt that'd matter as they're coming from itunes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I had this problem with my Nexus S.

When you plug it in go through my computer and copy all the music you want to put on the phone and paste it into the music folder on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

one thing to be aware of is some folders on your phone might have a .nomedia file in them that tells certain apps that there is 'no media' in that folder so the Music app wont scan a folder with that file in it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Fair point;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Should be a simple process using Kies Air (if you're using home wifi network)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

dunno if it helps but i just use Doubletwist airsync, works perfectly to sync my itunes with my phone. My brother got the S2 today and im totally jealous, way better than my wildfire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

I've just moved to the SGS2 from an iPhone 3G and I'm finding that the sound from the headphones is really low - at max volume in the main music app with all the eq bands set to maximum, it's about 2/3 as loud or less as my old phone.

Is this everybody else's experience or do I have a faulty handset? In my view, I the maximum volume should be almost too loud for normal listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I did some over kies air - some over dropbox and you could also use double twist or bump or download directly from amazon or itunes store to the device (not sure about the last two, but they should work)

correction - you can still drag and drop directly to the device also over usb.

shroomfox wrote: »
    I've just moved to the SGS2 from an iPhone 3G and I'm finding that the sound from the headphones is really low - at max volume in the main music app with all the eq bands set to maximum, it's about 2/3 as loud or less as my old phone.

Is this everybody else's experience or do I have a faulty handset? In my view, I the maximum volume should be almost too loud for normal listening.

When I got my Nexus S first it was really quiet, but it seems it was a bug that got fixed in an update. If you don't want to wait for update you can root the phone and use custom rom (which comes with sound boosting stuff).

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately I've got a hunch that it might be defective hardware because I can't come across anybody else on the internet complaining about this! I've delved into the service mode and all the volume settings seem to be raised to the maximum and I've heard of one other person (a friend of a friend) claim that theirs was too loud!

I really just need other SGS2 users to tell me if they're handset is as quiet as mine so I can think about changing to a HTC or Nexus or, if it's the case that mine's defective so I can get a replacement. I had heard that some Android handsets were a bit quieter than the iPhone but I can't quite believe that it's true to this extent.

I should probably create a new topic when I think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

Can I play songs downloaded on ITunes on Samsung Galaxy S2? Or are they restricted?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

It depends on whether they are itunes plus (ie DRM free) or not.

Simplest thing is to get Doubletwist and it will sync with iTunes.

For playing music on the phone, I prefer the interface on '3' (cubed)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Don't know about S2 but I found that sound quality/volume was better on iPhone or iPod touch than on android, particularly htc desire.

Not that I thought the sound was poor on the desire when using it, but when I switched to iPhone the sound felt louder and richer.

I also found that headphones with remote controls built for iPhone but which worked for most part with the desire wouldn't work at all with galaxy s1

Advertisement