Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many Calories in a Snackbox?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

About half the amount of the 10 pints you consumed before hand.

hughly unlikely unless it was pints of cream that OP was drinking, there is actually very few calories in a pint,

Cider contains 120 in a pint of beer (same as a pack of malteasers)

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories/calorie_counter/alcohol.htm

so if its around 1200 in a snackbox with chips the 10 pints would match the snack box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

danniemcq wrote: »
    hughly unlikely unless it was pints of cream that OP was drinking, there is actually very few calories in a pint,

Cider contains 120 in a pint of beer (same as a pack of malteasers)

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories/calorie_counter/alcohol.htm

so if its around 1200 in a snackbox with chips the 10 pints would match the snack box

Cider is around 200 I'm pretty sure and the same with beer with premium beers up around 230, 120 seems awful low.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

kraggy wrote: »
    Also, I think there should be a tax on fast food, junk food etc. It's the cause of a huge chunk of expenditure in the health service. They've made cigarettes extremely expensive, so why not fast food?

I agree with most of your post but, fast food is actually expensive enough as it is already. People don't notice it too much when they buy it per instance, but if it was to be done regularly and taking the overall cost into account over a weekly period, it does add up quite a lot.

As shown with cigarettes, making them more expensive does not mean people buy less of them, they just have less money to buy other stuff. Any "taxes" that would be brought in will just end up in a black hole somewhere like all the other money that's been brought in by increases on taxes for fuel, cigarettes and booze.

All we need is for people to know what's actually there in front of them.

Should also note, that a diet should not be based on the amount of calories alone, you can have 2k worth of shíte (within the general RDA) and you'll still be just as bad off. Which is why I don't like Weight Watchers because from what I've seen of their products, they get you to tally up points, instead of actually learning what proper food is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

No amount of calories will stop me devouring a breast box special out of my local chipper - that is two lean tasty breasts, instead of breast and thigh or wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Not had KFC in years... is that what you mean by a snackbox?

I don't really crave junk food, but KFC would be nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Not had KFC in years... is that what you mean by a snackbox?

I don't really crave junk food, but KFC would be nice :)

N'ah, KFC comes in buckets :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Ask Pa Scanlon, he loves them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

saa wrote: »
    it's in excess of 1200 calories. I have the macros of every meal I eat nailed down. So my calculations would be fairly accurate.

calories in 3 potatoes, 2 pieces of chicken with skin + unknown amount of fat and seeing how a small bit of oil can be 100 calories its hard to guess what the grease adds, I don't know why its so hard to get even ball park figures on chipper foods, I would of easily guessed 1000 ish..
    Its not scaremongering, even though the 1000 calories eddie rockets milkshake is pretty scary me not knowing about the calories or over estimating a bag of chips isn't going to change how many calories are being eaten.

It's the grease factor, how much of it is absorbed into the chips and chicken, portion size, whether there's added salt and vinegar, types of potatoes used, herbs and spices added, oil type used etc which make it difficult for an exact figure. But the low 1000's would be a good base indicator. If I cooked my own snackbox I could make it in the 600-700 region by using sweet potatoes, lean chicken breasts and my own ingredient controlled breadcrumbs fried in evoo. But chippers aren't worried bout that. They already have their customers.

Noooooo... you can get two pieces of chicken, not the full bucket. You just have to ask :D

Salivating here... seriously cannot remember the last time I had KFC, but damn, I do remember it was good!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Advertisement

Hang on, is that.... RACIST? :p:p:p:p:D:D:D

Hang on, is that.... RACIST? :p:p:p:p:D:D:D

Fúck, I was only trying to be condescending! :o

:pac:

Fúck, I was only trying to be condescending! :o

:pac:

:D:D:D

See, it's got so bad, you don't even know you are doing it anymore :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,429 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

padi89 wrote: »
    Cider is around 200 I'm pretty sure and the same with beer with premium beers up around 230, 120 seems awful low.

Read that a can of lager has the same amount of cals as a Mars Bar, don't know how many though. 8 cans = 8 Mars Bars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

i was expecting more than 1200 calories tbh,i'm going to order 2 in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

If I cooked my own snackbox I could make it in the 600-700 region by using sweet potatoes, lean chicken breasts and my own ingredient controlled breadcrumbs fried in evoo.

Hold on a second - sweet potatoes are a vegetable, they're not actual potatoes (Yes, I know potatoes are vegetables too).

Of cousre you can fry 'em, bake 'em, grill 'em ,eat 'em but they're no replacement for proper spud chips! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Hold on a second - sweet potatoes are a vegetable, they're not actual potatoes (Yes, I know potatoes are vegetables too).

Of cousre you can fry 'em, bake 'em, grill 'em ,eat 'em but they're no replacement for proper spud chips! :mad:

I agree,everyone has gone sweet potato mad lately.

Advertisement