Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatons/Sports World Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Haven't been in there in a while, is it just that particular bike is nearly 50% off, or are there more there??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

do all Heatons have them? i see theres one in Tralee...headed there this weekend, would be brill to pick up there been looking for bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭andy winter

Haven't been in there in a while, is it just that particular bike is nearly 50% off, or are there more there??

afaik it is in ALL heaton/sportsworld stores!

just that paticular model is 50%off

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

afaik it is in ALL heaton/sportsworld stores!

just that paticular model is 50%off

thanks - Sportsworld can be excellent for picking up bargains!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

thanks - Sportsworld can be excellent for picking up bargains!

Are there any Sportsworld shops in Dublin?

There's one in Finglas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I remember the time I posted a bicycle bargain alert:(:( Luckily they haven't spotted this one yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Another pic from Heatons in Carrickmines :)

Thanks for posting the picture, did a bit of googling and it looks like its the Dunlop Rigid Velocity. Looks like a very good price, might pick one up for my son tomorrow if they have them in stock in Blackpool:)

Another pic from Heatons in Carrickmines :)

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I've seen this in the Limerick branch too,beware tho.You get what you pay for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

jeepers! if they are in tullamore i might grab a bike! really wanna get into cycling again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭padyjoe

It can be had in Carlow too.

I rang Blackpool this morning and they are sold out but they will be getting them back in late next week. I also rang Midleton, they never had them, there is no sportsworld section there.

lindtee wrote: »
    I rang Blackpool this morning and they are sold out but they will be getting them back in late next week. I also rang Midleton, they never had them, there is no sportsworld section there.

Heatons in Ballincollig have a sportsworld as well, not sure how well stocked they are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Store locations:
    SportsWorldhomepage.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

I have one of them. Bought it about 9 months ago in the Maynooth store. It was €77 and has been ever since. Have never seen it for €110 so not as much of a discount but still a great price for a bike.

As for the bike itself it's perfect for tipping around on but you wouldn't be donig Malin to Mizen on it.

portumna wrote: »
    I have one of them. Bought it about 9 months ago in the Maynooth store. It was €77 and has been ever since. Have never seen it for €110 so not as much of a discount but still a great price for a bike.

As for the bike itself it's perfect for tipping around on but you wouldn't be donig Malin to Mizen on it.

Thanks for the review!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭andy winter

Went to Roscommon to buy bike today SOLD OUT in 1 hour the guy said :(

He rang Carrick on Shannon store SOLD OUT on the day it was advertised!!

He told me that they are due in on Friday but to ring on Friday morning (from 8.00am) as he expects big demand for it.. he showed me a book with around 30 names on it for next shipment!

I came home and rang the Longford store, the guy told me yes he had 1 left but to be quick as he was let down by a lot of people saying they would pick it up!

So got there before closed and got my bike :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

the dunlop sports brand is owned by heatons - so in effcet its an own brand cheap chinese made bike. fine for the basics, but don't expect it to be worth more than you pay for it.

diadora, donnay & other brands are also "owned" by heatons.

good value alright but not the value they claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

diadora are not owned by heatons as far as i know, they may own the irish licensing rights, or some sort of preferential retailer agreement but they certainly dont own them. Dunlop and donnay are much more likely to be owned.

Diadora sponsored roy keane and still sponsor filiipo inzaghi so i very much doubt that heatons have the cash to keep him on the payroll!!

• Advertisement

Picked up one of the bikes this morning in Blackpool, thanks OP:) Got it for €49.50 with the student discount. My son is delighted with it, perfect for cycling around the estate. Damn good value for under €50! They had LOADS of them in stock so there's no need to rush I would say.

lindtee wrote: »
    Picked up one of the bikes this morning in Blackpool, thanks OP:) Got it for €49.50 with the student discount. My son is delighted with it, perfect for cycling around the estate. Damn good value for under €50! They had LOADS of them in stock so there's no need to rush I would say.

Did you spot any other deals in there by any chance?? Might be heading up on Tuesday/Wednesday to Blackpool

Did you spot any other deals in there by any chance?? Might be heading up on Tuesday/Wednesday to Blackpool

They had crocs for €12 and €15 euro, in Mary Jane and Caymen. Some good value to be had in runners if you are willing to root through the clearance sections! Some good household offers, pictures, candles etc. There was no outstanding offers though. Sometimes you can be lucky in Heatons and pick things up for half nothing, but not today:(

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

They had about 10 in limerick childers road this afternoon, some inside the door + some upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭chasm

91011 wrote: »
    the dunlop sports brand is owned by heatons - so in effcet its an own brand cheap chinese made bike. fine for the basics, but don't expect it to be worth more than you pay for it.

diadora, donnay & other brands are also "owned" by heatons.

good value alright but not the value they claim.

Dunlop, along with donnay, lonsdale, slazenger and a quite a few other brands are owned by sportsdirect (or what seems to be sports world here in Ireland) I don't think heatons "own" sportsworld so they dont own those brands either.

I think diadora are italian, could be wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Any good deals on football boots there atm?

joey54 wrote: »
    Any good deals on football boots there atm?

I saw 2 pairs of Nike football boots reduced to €10 in the Blackpool branch, think they were about 90ish. They are luminous green though, they had 8,9

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

chasm wrote: »
    Dunlop, along with donnay, lonsdale, slazenger and a quite a few other brands are owned by sportsdirect (or what seems to be sports world here in Ireland) I don't think heatons "own" sportsworld so they dont own those brands either.

I think diadora are italian, could be wrong though!

Yeah I think Heatons just have some sort of franchise agreement with SportsDirect and sell their products in Heatons shops as "Sportsworld". They certainly dont own Sports Direct as thats owned by Mike Ashley, who caused a lot of trouble at Newcastle United.

Also, in relation to an earlier point, I've worked in Sportsworld, a lot of things came in to us pre-tagged with "half-price" tags on them despite the fact that we had never sold them at the higher price. Im sure they can get away with it by say selling it in their English shops for the higher price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I would'nt let my kids cycle one of those bikes. Surely at that price the materials used are sub standard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement