Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got a grade of E(C). What does this mean?

• 05-06-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hey as I said in the topic title I got a grade of E(C) in a subject. What does this mean? Is it Compensation?
    Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Passed by Compensation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JBUCD

Thanks for the reply. I really mucked up that exam....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 crashers

I got an E in something in the first semester but it hasnt got the C beside it. my GPA is over 3 so why hasnt it automatically been compensated? i got an E in first year and it was compensated without me having to do anything... any ideas?

crashers wrote: »
    I got an E in something in the first semester but it hasnt got the C beside it. my GPA is over 3 so why hasnt it automatically been compensated? i got an E in first year and it was compensated without me having to do anything... any ideas?

Did u only fail 1 subject? Is it a language module?

TDOie wrote: »
    Did u only fail 1 subject? Is it a language module?

yea its the only one i failed and its a core module not a language

• Advertisement

It is possible its just a mistake. Its also possible it cant be Compensated. Contact Studentdesk tbh

TDOie wrote: »
    It is possible its just a mistake. Its also possible it cant be Compensated. Contact Studentdesk tbh

ok thanks. just wondering why it couldnt be compensated though? are there general reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

You can't compensate core modules.Kinda makes sense in my opinion,if you're barely passing important parts of the course it's going to make life very very difficult down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You can't compensate core modules.Kinda makes sense in my opinion,if you're barely passing important parts of the course it's going to make life very very difficult down the line.
    Depends on the course really... There's nothing special about the core modules in History for example, so failing a course on Viking history doesn't mean I'll struggle with a course on Middle Eastern history.

hmm well i compensated something before that was a core module.. maybe its just a mistake, i'll contact them monday..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

If i got an E in two semester 2 exams and got a GPA above 2 for both semesters does that mean ive passed by compensation and dont have to repeat them or wait till next semester?

please say yes

smk89 wrote: »
    If i got an E in two semester 2 exams and got a GPA above 2 for both semesters does that mean ive passed by compensation and dont have to repeat them or wait till next semester?

please say yes

Does it have a (C) next to the E? If not I'd contact the Student Desk on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

yes it does have the E(C) beside it.

thanks a million

Advertisement