Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The market is soft enough, and with lockdown and Christmas, you can be fairly certain Park will give leniency on closing dates.

Excellent explanation above by JDD on the process.

A good solicitor is worth it for a first purchase. I'd heartily recommend <SNIP> for a truly decent firm that will give you general advice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 twoeyes

JDD wrote: »
    Perhaps some buyers were able to get that clause into the contract, but we weren't. I don't know if Park would be more amenable to it now, given the precarious nature of the economy and people's employment, but I'd nearly say that unless you are in the public service or in a REALLY secure job, I would be making every effort to get that clause into the contract - and it may be worth giving up the white goods so that you can try and negotiate it further. Nobody wants to be left in a situation where you have paid €40,000 deposit, got a paycut and then can't drawdown the mortgage. You can't get that €40,000 back.

Thank you, this is super useful. I am wondering if Park is not willing to budge on this, do I even have a choice in the Dublin market? We are in fairly stable jobs but who has seen the future. With no prior home buying experience, we are clueless how much leverage we have and if delaying the contract to get the clause in will lead us to losing the white goods as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Newhomebuyer

Hi I know this might not be the correct forum but did any one owning the Clayfarm houses appoint an interior designer to get their houses done?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JamieJ

Hi all, anyone know the current status of the latest release? Did all of 3 and 4 beds sell out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 decorfali9

JamieJ wrote: »
    Hi all, anyone know the current status of the latest release? Did all of 3 and 4 beds sell out yet?

The 3 beds were gone on the first date of the launch. We were lucky enough to secure the last Fern and our appointment was only early afternoon. The Elders were gone even earlier than that. There should be some 4 beds left. AFAIK they still recently had some available from the previous release they did a few months ago.

• Advertisement

Has anyone got word of contracts served to their solicitors? The EA suggested this would happen in about a week, which would've been around last Friday.

decorfali9 wrote: »
    Has anyone got word of contracts served to their solicitors? The EA suggested this would happen in about a week, which would've been around last Friday.

They were apparently given out on Friday but our solicitors have not received it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Leonardohann

Hi I know this might not be the correct forum but did any one owning the Clayfarm houses appoint an interior designer to get their houses done?

Did you find anyone? I might be looking for one as well

They were apparently given out on Friday.

Is that for the houses? Heard that the contract will be delayed for a month as the 3 beds are not expected to complete until Mar/Apr 2021?

Did you find anyone? I might be looking for one as well

Nope. Nobody responded

• Advertisement

Is that for the houses? Heard that the contract will be delayed for a month as the 3 beds are not expected to complete until Mar/Apr 2021?

The elders from 19-23 seemed incomplete but the rest of the houses seemed fine

Did the EA say that?

Did the EA say that?

Yes for the ones having late completion

Hi the contracts are sent to the solicitor as confirmed by ea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Yes for the ones having late completion

If that's the case I would ask your bank not to issue the Letter of Offer until as close as possible to signing the contracts. You don't want to get your Letter of Offer today, and then not sign your contracts until December, and have your Letter of Offer expire at the end of April, just when you are so close to getting the keys. Bank of Ireland did that for us and I think most banks will do it as long as it is only 3 or 4 weeks delay.

Always add six weeks onto any date that a developer says the house will be ready. Park are pretty good at delivering to the plan, but there are some things - such as the ESB coming to link up electricity - that are out of their hands. Our house was four weeks late and that's pretty good on the scale of things. I think the phase before us was two months late because of ESB delays.

JDD wrote: »
    If that's the case I would ask your bank not to issue the Letter of Offer until as close as possible to signing the contracts. You don't want to get your Letter of Offer today, and then not sign your contracts until December, and have your Letter of Offer expire at the end of April, just when you are so close to getting the keys. Bank of Ireland did that for us and I think most banks will do it as long as it is only 3 or 4 weeks delay.

Always add six weeks onto any date that a developer says the house will be ready. Park are pretty good at delivering to the plan, but there are some things - such as the ESB coming to link up electricity - that are out of their hands. Our house was four weeks late and that's pretty good on the scale of things. I think the phase before us was two months late because of ESB delays.

Thanks, appreciate it

Hi all. Anyone's solicitors got their contracts? We too were told ours were sent last Friday but they haven't reached our solicitor yet. We would've expected them after 3 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Hi all. Anyone's solicitors got their contracts? We too were told ours were sent last Friday but they haven't reached our solicitor yet. We would've expected them after 3 working days.

Post is slow at the moment. Add about 3 days.

Yes.

Hi all,

Has the cheque amount been withdrawn from the account? Not withdrawn from mine yet - anyone else in similar situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Chr1st0pher!

Hi guys, we are about to sign for a 4 bed on Clay farm drive. I’m wondering if anyone else who is living there already or signed a contract can clarify something. Our solicitor has many queries regarding the contracts that were sent out. Did anyone else run into any problems and lose their 10% deposit? Obviously, this is a HUGE risk. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kaede

Hi guys, we are about to sign for a 4 bed on Clay farm drive. I’m wondering if anyone else who is living there already or signed a contract can clarify something. Our solicitor has many queries regarding the contracts that were sent out. Did anyone else run into any problems and lose their 10% deposit? Obviously, this is a HUGE risk. Thanks.

Hi Chr1st0pher,

if I'm not mistaken, the booking deposit should be refundable up until you sign the contract.

As for the contract queries, my solicitor did have queries too but the replies she got were always in the lines of: the contract is final and cannot be changed.

In my case, my solicitor was mainly concerned about the absence of the loan funds clause:
    If, for any reason, after you sign the contract, you don't get your mortgage funds (you loose your job, or the bank withdraws from the offer, or really any event that let's you loose your mortgage approval), you are still obliged to close the sale and fulfil the contract.

Something for you to keep in mind if you are buying your house with the help of a mortgage.

I hope this post helps you a bit with your house buying process!

Thank you for this. Yes the loan clause is the one that is concerning me. Although there is no reason for us to not get our funds on completion, we have a house to sell and if something happens with that then we are at risk. Are you living there now? I’m assuming nobody has lost their 10% to date..I just think it’s very unreasonable to lose such a large amount of money based on something that is out of their control. I’m going to have to gamble on it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Have you tried getting your solicitor to push for a subject to funding/finance clause.

I don't know about this specific development but others have successfully pushed for the clause to be added in new-build contracts.

Yes absolutely. We’ve tried our best and they are very much unconditional contracts. I doubt anyone has managed to persuade them to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kaede

Yes absolutely. We’ve tried our best and they are very much unconditional contracts. I doubt anyone has managed to persuade them to change it.

Unfortunately this seems to be the case,
    my solicitor tried multiple times to add this clause.
    She told me it is common sense to add this and the Law society (or whatever is called) already recommended all solicitors to accept this clause, but it seems they simply won't add it for some reason. The contract seems pretty much impossible to change

How long before the house you're buying is predicted to be ready?

Graham wrote: »
    How long before the house you're buying is predicted to be ready?

Ok well it’s good to know that it’s standard procedure for everyone because it was starting to feel a bit dodgy-you know the way you hear stories about these new developments crashing and buyers losing their deposit.

We got a cancellation in phase 2 and initially it was due to be ready in December but they are now saying it is looking like after Christmas because of when the banks stop releasing funds before the holidays. What is your situation? Are you also waiting to move in?

Ok well it’s good to know that it’s standard procedure for everyone because it was starting to feel a bit dodgy-you know the way you hear stories about these new developments crashing and buyers losing their deposit.

We got a cancellation in phase 2 and initially it was due to be ready in December but they are now saying it is looking like after Christmas because of when the banks stop releasing funds before the holidays. What is your situation? Are you also waiting to move in?

I'm not buying.

Trying to ascertain how much risk you'd be at. If you'd said 12 months time, obviously a lot more can change in 12 months than 2 months.

Only you can really ascertain the risks associated with getting your mortgage and the chances of something going wrong with your house sale.

I wouldn't say it's standard procedure. Probably more accurate to say it has been standard for some developers recently.

• Advertisement

Our solicitors advised that they do not accept many changes.

Advertisement