Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A good road bike

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I couldn't get the £999 Caad10 so I went supersix. Delivery was free from wesbrook, not sure about evans

no donie75, i went with westbrookcycles

Donie75 wrote: »
    Aindriu80,
    Did you order from www.paulscycles.co.uk in the end?

I'd be interested to know what they charge to ship and what they are like to deal with.

Keep us posted...

D

Just to post I got the bike now around a month. I'm well chuffed with the carbon frame supersix. The delivery was pretty quick, I got it the following week I ordered it. Assembly was fine. I would recommend Westbrook for any bike orders.

The Supersix is a great bike to ride, and I put over 400km on it. I didn't know the same frame was in the 2010 tour de france and won the giro d'italia. The bike is strong responsive and generally good to cycle, got used to the saddle after a while. The only thing is my neck, it gets a bit sore. I tried to adjust the head set but messed up the Cannondale Expander Wedge KP017 it a bit.

Apart from the KP017 the only hassle I had is the pedals and clothing. I got stuff off chain reaction cycle but its a bit small and it could feel better. I am still waiting on shoes for my clip pedals, trainers aren't for racing bikes.

Its a great feeling to be cycling, the weather has turned but its

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

Was there much assembly? Can you post some pics please?

here are 5 pictures I took. I had to use and IPod touch to take the pictures so sorry about the low quality.

There is not much to get the bike up and running from the box. It was literally a matter of taking off all the wrapping then putting on the saddle, putting on the head set, putting on the front wheel then using the appropriate Allen key to tighten all of it up. It took my time but it was more interesting than anything difficult.

The only thing I noticed about the bike was a red paint mark (in the fifth picture) on the front fork. The camera doesn't really pick it up well but I was surprised when it didn't come off. I didn't complain but I'm not sure what you can do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

Cheers for taking the time to post the piccies, looks lovely. I am trying to decide which one to go for.

• Advertisement

t'bear wrote: »
    Cheers for taking the time to post the piccies, looks lovely. I am trying to decide which one to go for.

thought I better as mostly everyone I came across did :D

Advertisement