Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Charles and Tati Drama

• 19-05-2019 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Anybody following the drama in the beauty community?
    James Charles has been under fire in the beauty community over certain allegations made against him by his role model Tati.
    Jeffree Star who is the Lord Voldermort of the beauty community also rebuked James Charles and confirmed these allegations.
    James has now come out with a video proving his innocence but Jeffree Star promises the beauty community a tell all, to further expose James Charles and everyone is anxiously waiting for it.
    Anyone following this drama and waiting for what Lord Voldermort will reveal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭emmaro

Can't stand either Jeffree Star or James Charles, but always liked Tati.

Not really interested in all of this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The influencer beauty industry wouldn't be half as interesting without that drama. It lives, breathes and sh1ts drama.
    And there's enough evidence that it moves the masses on social media.

Having said that, in the real world outside of beauty your emotions get you exactly nowhere. The cold hard contract and cash speaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

This beauty community, is it invitation only?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm not sure what's worse. Twitter or youtube 'drama'. I'd burn the lot of it down if I could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

What in the name of **** is the beauty industry and who the **** are these people you're talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Unanimous wrote: »
    Anybody following the drama in the beauty community?
    James Charles has been under fire in the beauty community over certain allegations made against him by his role model Tati.
    Jeffree Star who is the Lord Voldermort of the beauty community also rebuked James Charles and confirmed these allegations.
    James has now come out with a video proving his innocence but Jeffree Star promises the beauty community a tell all, to further expose James Charles and everyone is anxiously waiting for it.
    Anyone following this drama and waiting for what Lord Voldermort will reveal?

Not in the fcuking slightest, no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I have absolutely no idea what anyone is on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I never preferred Tati.

I never trusted her for some reason. Now i know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

A big choreographed drama imo- no such thing as bad publicity. Total codology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

There was never enough evidence provided to prove the claims against James Charles.

And then James Charles released an extremely concinving video defending himself (much more convincing than the claims against him.)

So I'm inclined to take James Charles' side, given the arguments provided thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭emmaro

DareGod wrote: »
    There was never enough evidence provided to prove the claims against James Charles.

And then James Charles released an extremely concinving video defending himself (much more convincing than the claims against him.)

So I'm inclined to take James Charles' side, given the arguments provided thus far.

But I don't get what Tati would have to gain from lying about a much bigger youtuber? Also why James released a whole apology video to her if it was all lies?

emmaro wrote: »
    But I don't get what Tati would have to gain from lying about a much bigger youtuber? Also why James released a whole apology video to her if it was all lies?

He released a product that competes with product she released. It was eating into her sales.

He has asked straight guys out on dates and was obv rejected ..he didn't handle that graciously but he is like 19. Now obviously that is not an ideal way to behave but its not something i would call out etc. It seemed to target a young inexperienced gay guy trying to find his feet.

She came at it from a slightly homophobic slant. She seemed disgusted by him.

I think he got upset was ashamed by her bullying. He didn't deserve what she said.

I think she is unwise though she is in an industry DOMINATED by gay men she should have been more discreet if she was so uncomfortable around Charles James etc.

Its backfiring on her now.

She WAS the bigger youtuber. Taking him down would do her channel a lot of good. And she got so much publicity because of this etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 tempmailtest mail

neeps an tatties

• Registered Users Posts: 27 StolenKrone

Its funny how a 30 something is telling a 19 y/o to grow up. Hes a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

emmaro wrote: »

She didn't "lie." She just overreacted. She seems like an emotional manipulator tbh.

And the "whole apology" video he released was a knee-jerk reaction, posted by someone who was being sent terrible messages by half the internet.

DareGod wrote: »
    She didn't "lie." She just overreacted. She seems like an emotional manipulator tbh.

And the "whole apology" video he released was a knee-jerk reaction, posted by someone who was being sent terrible messages by half the internet.

Well she was found out to be lying about what she said happened at coachella someone had a copy of the texts to prove it.

She was a beauty guru selling 'vitamins' every doctor is calling them a scam.

He made a deal at coachella to promote another vitamin called sugar bear etc. (which to be honest is not much better). But people like Kylie Jenner and Kim K is also behind sugar bear. So this company will kill Tati.

Neither of these products work though.

But that is why more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I lament the fact that this shyte exists.

endacl wrote: »
    I lament the fact that this shyte exists.

You don't have to watch it. :)

I live for this drama ! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 tempmailtest mail

are these "social influencers" ?

are these "social influencers" ?
    yes...and they have a young audience which is why some people were worried that they were promoting vitamins when obv neither of them have a clue about vitamins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I don't think I can face another sunrise knowing Tati, James and of course Jeffree are no longer friends.
    The tension is comparable to the 1987 ESB industrial dispute and ensuing power cuts!
    Who will be the victor in this vicious spat???

I don't think I can face another sunrise knowing Tati, James and of course Jeffree are no longer friends.
    The tension is comparable to the 1987 ESB power cuts!
    Who will be the victor in this vicious spat???

I think they are both losing right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You don't have to watch it. :)

Yes, but now that this thread has dragged me in I'm emotionally invested.

kowloon wrote: »
    Yes, but now that this thread has dragged me in I'm emotionally invested.

One of US one of US! :p

Advertisement