Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sennheiser BT350 with Irish Times subscription €97

• 19-09-2020 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

These retail around €100 on Amazon, Irish Times giving them free with a seven moth subscription (€1+16*6 = €97). If you happened to be looking at them it could be an interesting option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

Sounds good, I already have the basic subscription, wonder if I can get these by upgrading? I'll have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

That is pretty cool. Thanks! I just signed up!

Won't be reading the paper though, might give it to a relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Have a 12month subscription for which I got......nothing. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Was looking at this last night but couldn't establish the model number??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Mav11

wingnut wrote: »
    These retail around €100 on Amazon, Irish Times giving them free with a seven moth subscription (€1+16*6 = €97). If you happened to be looking at them it could be an interesting option.

Thanks OP, good find, going to sign up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Was looking at this last night but couldn't establish the model number??

It's in the terms and conditions
    (h) Sennheiser HD 350BT Headphones Promotion

The TOS together with the additional terms set out below apply to any contract between you and The Irish Times when you subscribe in conjunction with the Sennheiser HD 350BT Headphones promotion.

https://www.irishtimes.com/policy-and-terms/terms-conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

DareGod wrote: »

Thanks, eventually found details after much scrolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Thanks, eventually found details after much scrolling!

Signed up yesterday, no mention of headphones or any confirmation email, though I bow have access to the epaper

I'd watch Irish Times. I'd put their customer service on a par with eir when it comes to this news delivery service. Its funny how they're always going on about how bad eir are in the Conor Pope PriceWatch column, people in glasshouses.....they never mention their own shambolic treatment of customers

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

I must say my experience has been the complete opposite. I have been a subscriber for some time now. The terms etc were clear (did you review them?), and I was happy with what I was getting. On one occasion, I contacted customer service. The response (in less than 24 hours) covered everything, in addition to being polite.
    Signed up yesterday, no mention of headphones or any confirmation email, though I bow have access to the epaper

I'd watch Irish Times. I'd put their customer service on a par with eir when it comes to this news delivery service. Its funny how they're always going on about how bad eir are in the Conor Pope PriceWatch column, people in glasshouses.....they never mention their own shambolic treatment of customers

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

fmul9798 wrote: »
    I must say my experience has been the complete opposite. I have been a subscriber for some time now. The terms etc were clear (did you review them?), and I was happy with what I was getting. On one occasion, I contacted customer service. The response (in less than 24 hours) covered everything, in addition to being polite.

Fair enough. As you say, complete opposite to my experience.

Don't know what you're asking about terms, irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Have contacted them to add my address for the Saturday delivery. The road beside me is listed but not mine! Hopefully wont be an issue.
    If no reply the eversion will suffice. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

After the initial 1+6 months sub, is the next billing period one month or six?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭fits

Usually if you are already subscribing you cant avail of an offer like this unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,252 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

fits wrote: »
    Usually if you are already subscribing you cant avail of an offer like this unfortunately.

New email address + virtual card from Revolut. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

fmul9798 wrote: »

ditto, i've had subs on and off over the years and never an issue.

i'll be rejoining now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

for anyone who had a lapsed subscription, you can still re-subscribe with the same account and get the headphones.

(If you previously availed of the €1 for one month, you won't get that so your 6 months sub is from sign up. - edit - it's a 7 month sub at €16 a month)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Are these noise cancelling?

I'd need to drown out Una Mullally

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

I signed up for this but didn’t get anything confirming I’d get headphones. Just wondering if that is standard or should I have gotten a confirmation email ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Mav11

I signed up for this but didn’t get anything confirming I’d get headphones. Just wondering if that is standard or should I have gotten a confirmation email ?

I got one confirming same.

Mav11 wrote: »
    I got one confirming same.

Might send them a mail. Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Did you sign up to the premium package?
    On the signup page it should show the headphones clearly. The basic website package doesn't include them

Davy wrote: »
    Did you sign up to the premium package?
    On the signup page it should show the headphones clearly. The basic website package doesn't include them

Yeah I signed up for weekend. I had to call them to complete it as I got an error. I have access now but have no confirmation. If that makes sense.

I subscribed over the phone and eventually got online access. My status says suspended but it lists the Sennheiser headphones as part of the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 clashoftheash1

Is this deal finished? Can't find it on their website.

Just curious if anyone has received headphones yet?

dulpit wrote: »

Nope. I was told they wouldnt arrive until month 2

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

I got an email from them on Friday to say they have been dispatched. My second payment had gone out on Wednesday.

RustyP wrote: »
    I got an email from them on Friday to say they have been dispatched. My second payment had gone out on Wednesday.

Weird, my second payment also went on Wednesday, hopefully I get dispatch notice this week so...

Weird, my second payment also went on Wednesday, hopefully I get dispatch notice this week so...

Turns out I also got email on Friday, gmail just decided not to send any notifications to my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Is it after you pay for your first month that these are sent out? My first month is nearly up. Just curious is it after the 16euro is take that they will send out the headphones?

Advertisement