Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Got the "hamper" yesterday.
    Got the survey text tonight...just a 5 min. survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Did anyone just get a "A few questions about your Volkswagen!" survey invitation from OpinionWorld? I never told them I own a Volkswagen, but I took the screener anyway, and got disqualified after answering that nobody in my household owns a car. I find it a bit odd that the invitation opens with "You said you own a Volkswagen."

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Did anyone just get a "A few questions about your Volkswagen!" survey invitation from OpinionWorld? I never told them I own a Volkswagen, but I took the screener anyway, and got disqualified after answering that nobody in my household owns a car. I find it a bit odd that the invitation opens with "You said you own a Volkswagen."

Just got it on IO. €11 for 20 mins. Screened out as well but considered lying my way through it for that reward!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bmc58

Claimed €9.90 from Triaba today (seems to be their limit for Pay Pal) at around 3.30pm.In my PP account at account at 5.00pm.Is this the quickest payment site?Triaba usually took a couple of days before for me.

malcy wrote: »
    Just got it on IO. €11 for 20 mins. Screened out as well but considered lying my way through it for that reward!

Ohhh ,just as well.You don't want to mess(in IO's opinion) with IO,as many of us know to our cost.Tempting as €11 for 20 mns is ,it it worth being banned for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Finley Tiny Fir

bmc58 wrote: »
    Claimed €9.90 from Triaba today (seems to be their limit for Pay Pal) at around 3.30pm.In my PP account at account at 5.00pm.Is this the quickest payment site?Triaba usually took a couple of days before for me.

I've found many that pay to PayPal have been doing almost immediate transfers recently. Maybe a new system is in place with PayPal.

Ohhh ,just as well.You don't want to mess(in IO's opinion) with IO,as many of us know to our cost.Tempting as €11 for 20 mns is ,it it worth being banned for?

Yeah I was thinking it was a trap so decided against it. Have found IO improved a little recently. More surveys available and customer support very prompt and helpful.

Yeah I was thinking it was a trap so decided against it. Have found IO improved a little recently. More surveys available and customer support very prompt and helpful.

Tesco voucher came after three weeks this time.They were taking almost 8 weeks up to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

Just went to cash in my opinion world survey voucher for €10 TKMaxx and all of a sudden I have breached their terms and conditions and my account has been terminated. I'm so annoyed now as everyone is harping on about them and I said I'd give it a go! What a scam

Just went to cash in my opinion world survey voucher for €10 TKMaxx and all of a sudden I have breached their terms and conditions and my account has been terminated. I'm so annoyed now as everyone is harping on about them and I said I'd give it a go! What a scam

Ask them about it. I've never seen issues like this wit Opinion World.

• Advertisement

I tried to cash out over €20 with them and they cancelled my account. Accused me of being in the UK and ignored all subsequent emails including one asking for all the data they had on me.

Very convenient on their end that they wait until you cash out to tell you that your account has been suspended. Total con artists. There's no regulation on these companies so it's always a risk but OW seem to be the worst of the lot.

This thread has had several posters flag this same issue up. Been going on for years.

I did send two emails waiting on a reply now but I can no longer log into my account

This thread has had several posters flag this same issue up. Been going on for years.

Very unfair I worked hard for that €10

Just wondering have you ever done the same survey on more than one site?

Just wondering have you ever done the same survey on more than one site?

No I was only using the one.
    I was using my phone To complete the surveys and not a Pc maybe that was an issue.

I was using my phone To complete the surveys and not a Pc maybe that was an issue.

Ever do some while roaming?

Don't think so.I do some with IO on my phone and PC and had no issues.

Did you answer questions a bit too fast without reading them?Just guessing for reasons for your problems.

Don't think so.I do some with IO on my phone and PC and had no issues.

Did you answer questions a bit too fast without reading them?Just guessing for reasons for your problems.

I was doing a survey on fizzy drinks and even tho I said I never drank such and such I was made rate it from 1-5 there was no option for me to say I have never tried this.
    It was a no win situation of this was the reason.
    I sit down and read all the questions carefully. I had to go and collect my son from school. I walked and finished the survey on the way.
    I did another survey after that one.
    Clocked up 1060 points and decided to redeem a voucher an hour later and my account was terminated.

I don't have much luck.
    Thought I could make a little extra coming up to Christmas

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you ever get an uncompletable survey like that; bail out and email them saying its broken.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    If you ever get an uncompletable survey like that; bail out and email them saying its broken.

I've got a few like that over the past year and just stopped and deleted the survey.Didn't bother reporting it and had no problems.Just don't complete a survey that you might be untruthtful on as you will be found out.And suffer the consequences of soon after when you try to cash out your rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

Any sign of Redc cheques?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RioM

dubs09 wrote: »

Not yet :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Takes 2-3 weeks chill out

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭ Kenneth Tangy Businessman

My cheque in August didn't come until the 27th so don't panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭cbreeze

mickzer wrote: »
    Got the "hamper" yesterday.
    Got the survey text tonight...just a 5 min. survey.

Got the ESRI mug, the fruit tea and the chocolate fingers. The point of the fingers (pardon the pun) is to trial a new form of packaging which suggests that three of them is a 'treat'. I think this is aimed at reducing obesity in children.

The email with the first part of the survey said that 12 points would be awarded on completion. I have checked my REDC account and no such points have been added for me. Maybe they will come later on when the whole thing is finished, but they normally credit immediately you complete the surveys.

I got an offer from IO about accounting my spending habits on one particular day.I accepted the invite and kept an account of what I spent on that day.I never got the follow up survey to complete.Anyone have a similar experience?

Not yet,but expecting one this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭ Kenneth Tangy Businessman

cbreeze wrote:
    The email with the first part of the survey said that 12 points would be awarded on completion. I have checked my REDC account and no such points have been added for me. Maybe they will come later on when the whole thing is finished, but they normally credit immediately you complete the surveys.

I didn't do this survey so I'm not sure on the details of this particular one, but I find that surveys done on partner websites often take way longer to credit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DebJZ

Same thing happened to me. Went to cash out €15 One4All voucher, and BANG, account terminated. I was livid :mad:

Advertisement