Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile SIM only €14.99 per month

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Is it not a 30 day contract anyway?

I'm currently on this €14.99 30 day rolling contract which is due to go into month 7 in a forthnights time. It then jumps up to €29.99 per month.

Can someone advise how I cancel this now prior to entering the higher cost band or what number I should ring as very little info is available on the Eir website, and secondly, I generally use my mobile just for calls and data only. Would the €15 lycamobile sim only be the one for me?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭bromley52

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I'm currently on this €14.99 30 day rolling contract which is due to go into month 7 in a forthnights time. It then jumps up to €29.99 per month.

Can someone advise how I cancel this now prior to entering the higher cost band or what number I should ring as very little info is available on the Eir website, and secondly, I generally use my mobile just for calls and data only. Would the €15 lycamobile sim only be the one for me?

Thanks.

The offer is still there so perhaps try to switch to another provider as PAUG and sign back up as a new customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

bromley52 wrote: »
    The offer is still there so perhaps try to switch to another provider as PAUG and sign back up as a new customer.

No need, I was on 30-day rolling contract with promo price for 6 months, went into the 7th month and called 1905 I think it was (maybe 1901) and was switched onto a new promotion price straight away. Have about 4 or 5 weeks left on it atm and I will be doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Worth noting the price has increased to 19.99 for 6 months then 29.99 after 6 for non eir broadband or phone customers . I was signed back up to the 14.99 In June and the promotion came off the account early for some reason, they didn't have the 14.99 offer when I noticed recently and called up. I got credited for the increase but was only offered the 19.99 for the next 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Def_IRL

Its a 30 day rolling contract - so just ring them and ask to be put onto the newer tariff.
    I keep an eye on their rates and keep doing this, and all but once in circa 4 years have I had an issue doing so.
    It's at €19.99 p.m at the moment, but they tend to drop it back to €14.99 ever other month or so.
    Just keep an eye on it and just ring them again in a month or so and you might get it down again from the current €19.99 tariff to €14.99 if offered again soon... but I suspect they will offer it again soon.

I only had a refusal once, after the 30 days with regards putting me on a newer lower advertised tariffs, so I just asked to be put onto the retention team and they honoured the new tariff again no problem on the 30 day rolling contract basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Back down to €14.99 a month just rang to try get it at that price but was refused

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Online chat told you you need to pay a €9.99 one time activation fee to get this deal, but I don't see any mention of it on the site. Can anyone clarify please? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Back down to €14.99 a month just rang to try get it at that price but was refused

My contract ended a couple of weeks ago so I rang to sign up to the 14.99 a month deal and was refused also. The agent kept trying to push the 19.99 deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Just off the phone to the 1800 sales team. Already have the 12 month 15€ deal since april. Was able to add two more numbers to my account so have one of my wife and one hopefully to put in Mifi dongle. Half price for them runs until October 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

While this is a good deal I have to say I'm disappointed with Eir's data speeds/signal. From what I remember it was far better back in the days of Meteor. Since switching to eir I've noticed many blackspots that 3 and Vodafone do not have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,681 ✭✭✭✭unkel

They refused to extend my 6 month deal for €14.99, and there is no chance I will pay €30 per month. So I left for Virginmedia again. 5 months everything unlimited for €5 per month. Yes really. At the end I'll switch to Eir again

If it was just myself, I wouldn't bother with all this switching, but I pay data for myself and for my 3 kids. So it adds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    While this is a good deal I have to say I'm disappointed with Eir's data speeds/signal. From what I remember it was far better back in the days of Meteor. Since switching to eir I've noticed many blackspots that 3 and Vodafone do not have.

I switched to this a few months ago, from an Eir business account. Since I switched the phone/coverage has gone to pot. I can be showing 3bars of 4g and still be waiting 20sec + for a webpage to open. My WiFi calling doesn’t show on my phone until I switch on airplane mode for a few seconds and then turn it off.
    I am also constantly getting voicemails when I have the phone sitting beside me showing full coverage.
    But it should all be the same coverage, shouldn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Fann Linn wrote: »

Thanks.

I went with Tesco mobile...better speeds. Just switch to tanother provider and it cancels eir auomatically.

I switched to this a few months ago, from an Eir business account. Since I switched the phone/coverage has gone to pot. I can be showing 3bars of 4g and still be waiting 20sec + for a webpage to open. My WiFi calling doesn’t show on my phone until I switch on airplane mode for a few seconds and then turn it off.
    I am also constantly getting voicemails when I have the phone sitting beside me showing full coverage.
    But it should all be the same coverage, shouldn’t it?

It should be the same yes but God knows what throttling etc they could be up to.

unkel wrote: »
    So I left for Virginmedia again. 5 months everything unlimited for €5 per month. Yes really. At the end I'll switch to Eir again.

Is that offer only for existing customers though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yeah but you can keep signing up and back and forth again and again. I'm on my third cycle of the Virgin deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭navannoel

Rang Eir today, told them I was not happy with my current deal, out of contract after 18 months was €101 after offer ended, for sim only, house phone and broadband. Told the I wish to give 30 days notice to quit.
    Passed me to retention team, got following deal all in €59.97 for 12 months but sim only shall increase to €19.99 after month 6. Said I should ring them at month 7 to see what deals are on.:)

I'm on the onebigswitch deal where I got mobile and broadband. As they are bundled I pay €9.99 per month for phone and €34.99 per month for broadband. Am I correct when I say I can cancel the mobile now without penalty and continue the broadband for €34.99 per month for the remainder of the 12 months? I never received the t&C's as they got my email wrong so I can't check my own. I'm just not sure if by bundling them did I make my mobile plan a 12 month contract too?

Looking at switching to GoMo's introductory offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

unkel wrote: »
    So I left for Virginmedia again. 5 months everything unlimited for €5 per month. Yes really.

How do you get 5 months for €5 per month from Virgin media?

I see €15 or €25 per month on their website.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

How do you get 5 months for €5 per month from Virgin media?

I see €15 or €25 per month on their website.

They occasionally do this €5 offer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

navannoel wrote: »
    Rang Eir today, told them I was not happy with my current deal, out of contract after 18 months was €101 after offer ended, for sim only, house phone and broadband. Told the I wish to give 30 days notice to quit.
    Passed me to retention team, got following deal all in €59.97 for 12 months but sim only shall increase to €19.99 after month 6. Said I should ring them at month 7 to see what deals are on.:)

I rang them last week and got FttH for 49.99 and 2 mobiles SIM only for 9.99 for 12 months.

I was set to pay 65 for BB&phone and paying 30 each for mobiles.
    Offered my BB for 55 until I told them airwire were offering it for 49.99
    Asked her to speak to a supervisor.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭shmeee

Eir webchat say they will cancel my 30 Day Sim only in 24 hours, not in 30 days like the notice I taught you have to give.

Is this right?

Have signed up for GoMo €9.99 deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Eir webchat say they will cancel my 30 Day Sim only in 24 hours, not in 30 days like the notice I taught you have to give.

Is this right?

Have signed up for GoMo €9.99 deal.

Be careful they haven't canceled your number altogether, if they have then you won't be able to receive the verification code required for porting (that's if you're keeping your number).

The general advice from the gomo thread is that once you're a month into a SIM only rolling contract, you don't need to give notice because you're billed a month in advance. If you were closing the account and cancelling your number then you would need to give notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭shmeee

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Be careful they haven't canceled your number altogether, if they have then you won't be able to receive the verification code required for porting (that's if you're keeping your number).

The general advice from the gomo thread is that once you're a month into a SIM only rolling contract, you don't need to give notice because you're billed a month in advance. If you were closing the account and cancelling your number then you would need to give notice.

Thanks, didn't request the cancel.

It seems Eir bill will cancel once port is complete. I will cancel DD myself to make sure. Eir will send me a final SIM Only bill and I will pay that online as required.

Advertisement