Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir Mobile SIM only €14.99 per month

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

In fairness to eir it took ages to port my number over from vodafone and they gave me 20 euro credit after I complained, credit where credit is due.

I ported from Vodafone today and the actual porting process took less than an hour,it was trying to get a hold of Eir that took longer,i hung up after waiting for over 20 mins,then went onto the online chat the first guy kept asking for my account number even though im a new customer i didn't have one yet,the second guy wasn't much better but after nearly 30 mins we got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I ported from Vodafone today and the actual porting process took less than an hour,it was trying to get a hold of Eir that took longer,i hung up after waiting for over 20 mins,then went onto the online chat the first guy kept asking for my account number even though im a new customer i didn't have one yet,the second guy wasn't much better but after nearly 30 mins we got there.

Ported a couple of phones over from Virgin today.
    Rang and got an Irish guy who asked for account number.
    Told him I didn't have one and was porting over a couple of numbers from Virgin to Eir.
    He then asked me the numbers porting from/to, 1st one done is under 60 seconds, 2nd one done in 10 minutes.
    Have to say fairly easy (so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Has anyone ported away from Virgin's 3/4 months free offer?

I wonder if you become eligible for the offer again after a short period away from Virgin?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

Has anyone ported away from Virgin's 3/4 months free offer?

I wonder if you become eligible for the offer again after a short period away from Virgin?

it worked for me once, not sure if you can keep doing this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Ported a couple of phones over from Virgin today.
    Rang and got an Irish guy who asked for account number.
    Told him I didn't have one and was porting over a couple of numbers from Virgin to Eir.
    He then asked me the numbers porting from/to, 1st one done is under 60 seconds, 2nd one done in 10 minutes.
    Have to say fairly easy (so far).

Ported over another number and done in 3 minutes.
    All working well with no problems.......so far.

• Advertisement

you2008 wrote: »
    it worked for me once, not sure if you can keep doing this :D

Had some success too with it. Another free three months. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Eventually got the virgin mobile three month deal (I think, still no email or text, but fingers crossed)

How do I get it for the three months and cancel? Saying about billing me for a month at the start or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Well done to anyone who ported over easily. I was 6 days waiting for 2 phones to work.

jeffk wrote: »
    Eventually got the virgin mobile three month deal (I think, still no email or text, but fingers crossed)

How do I get it for the three months and cancel? Saying about billing me for a month at the start or something?

Just port to another network ~3 days before the end of the 3 months.

Then once you're on the new network (for a day or two), sign up for Virgin Media again.

Just port to another network ~3 days before the end of the 3 months.

Then once you're on the new network (for a day or two), sign up for Virgin Media again.

Do you not have to give 30 days notice

• Advertisement

Nope! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Hi, has anyone on this deal experienced awful mobile data speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Yesterday afternoon I did yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

They have a new offer till 16/Aug for 19.99 a month for 12 months 30gb data, unlimited calls and texts with free eir sport till 30/Sept

https://www.onebigswitch.ie/campaigns/eir-mobile-sim-only-offer-july/plans/results

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

No Limits Data coming in next couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    No Limits Data coming in next couple of days

Is that the new name for unlimited now they can't say unlimited anymore?

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Is that the new name for unlimited now they can't say unlimited anymore?

must be,

it's capped @ 80GB AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    must be,

it's capped @ 80GB AFAIK

Generous enough to be fair.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Generous enough to be fair.

True and if I was to see it advertised as unlimited or no limits or whatever, I'd assume it was a lot lower. They'd actually be better off advertising it as having an 80GBs limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I just got this text on no limits data.

Are you ready for No Limits Data from eir mobile? Your number ending xxxx can now enjoy No Limits Streaming, Music and Movies allowing you to use all the data you want, when you want it! Plus enter our competition to be in with a chance to win yourself a brand new phone. Go to http://m.rtm.eir.ie/webApp/xxx. T&Cs apply see https://bit.ly/33oUPQj. To opt out freetext OPTOUT to 50100. Enjoy, from eir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It's for prepay too, fup of 80Gb from next top up. Smart stuff when they know most people use home WiFi for all the heavy data stuff and barely use 10Gb on average a month according to press release.

I'll be using more than 10Gb when I get onto it when Vodafone deal over

Backup my pictures and videos to two clouds so be lashing into the data

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Anyone know how much of this 80GB is usable roaming in the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

long_b wrote: »
    Anyone know how much of this 80GB is usable roaming in the EU?

No change to before, depends on your plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hego25

With the 'No Limits Data' change would it be possible to terminate your contract for free due to change in terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭This is it

I'm on a €20 a month deal but the 12 months is almost up, is the €14.99 still available? Didn't see it on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Dam

the new sim only plans have 50GB roaming data for €14.99 if existing Eir broadband customer.

That's insane. I'm sure at this stage one of the cheapest plans in europe, especially since it's contract free?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Hego25 wrote: »
    With the 'No Limits Data' change would it be possible to terminate your contract for free due to change in terms?

Is it not a 30 day contract anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hego25

Is it not a 30 day contract anyway?

No i'm in a 24 month contract on the €54.99 plan. I would like to change to the 30 day one for €19.99 if I can get out of this contract.

• Advertisement

Hego25 wrote: »

No not a chance

Advertisement