Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rolex spotting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

2shea wrote: »
    100%. Unless it's RRP and brand new in an AD.

Or pre-owned and under well Under RRP with box and papers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭893bet

Pretty close to zero chance of owning one of the “in demand” models so unless you are dropping serious bucks in an AD on other brands. The odd rare success stories of “I happened to get one by chance” are far and few between.

Perhaps arse will fall from market but there is a lot of pent up demand. RRP is largely irrelevant. Market drives the value. Similar to it being easy to get most Omegas at 20% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rootsblower

893bet wrote: »
    Pretty close to zero chance of owning one of the “in demand” models so unless you are dropping serious bucks in an AD on other brands. The odd rare success stories of “I happened to get one by chance” are far and few between.

Perhaps arse will fall from market but there is a lot of pent up demand. RRP is largely irrelevant. Market drives the value. Similar to it being easy to get most Omegas at 20% off.

RRP is not irrelevant if that’s all your willing to pay or go without. I think Rolex are driving away a lot of genuine non-flipper customers with this shortage. If I don’t get a GMT 2 Pepsi then so be it but as i stated before here I can get over being ridden if I don’t know it’s happening but I’m fecked if I’m gonna willingly get ridden and be asked to smile while it’s happening

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Plenty of bargains around if you have the spare time to hunt 24/7, this one sold for £9500, only a fool would pay the prices being thrown around it’s all a bluff

That’s still 3 grand more than RRP.

I also assume that add is an old one pre Basel. If not then buy it now as watchfinder will pay you more and they are notoriously low.

How do you know that one sold for 9.5 recently?

Hard to believe any dealer would sell for that and have to pay fees when wf will pay them more with zero fees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

antodeco wrote: »
    :(:(

I have a Datejust 41 Two tone (Steel and Yellow Gold) on a jubilee bracelet and I aint no lady! (although some people may call me that! ) :pac:

However, I did recently also acquire a Day-Date 40 in yellow gold to just try masculate myself a little :D

Your tastes would be in the minority it appears, very unpopular watches in Rolex land. Even two tone Daytona are easily got in the AD. But we are all allowed like whatever we want. They are nice watches.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Absolutely. I actually liked the look of the watches. I'm not 100% convinced on the Gold DD yet though. I'll let it grow on me and see.

Funnily, I'm not a massive fan of the submariners, which I know are extremely popular here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I feel like a peasant now having 'only' spent 4k on a Breitling!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

which model ?

Avenger II Seawolf yellow dial.

Hulk on TZ for 10k euros.

Very good price in current market. Will be sold in minutes I suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Spotted a few GMT IIs the other day on Dawson Street, near Stephen's Green (Dawson Jewelers?)... They had a black, a blnr and another one which was a combo of red and some other colour, sorry can't remember. Was in a hurry, no prices on display and looks like the sort of place you have to ring a bell for admission.

Money to be made if you believe watchfinder quotes (I don’t )

Gone in 19 minutes with the seller saying they have multiple buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Spotted a few GMT IIs the other day on Dawson Street, near Stephen's Green (Dawson Jewelers?)... They had a black, a blnr and another one which was a combo of red and some other colour, sorry can't remember. Was in a hurry, no prices on display and looks like the sort of place you have to ring a bell for admission.

They have an black DLC / PVD explorer 2 with red numbers. I really like it. I think they want 7500 for it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

shutup wrote: »
    They have an black DLC / PVD explorer 2 with red numbers. I really like it. I think they want 7500 for it

It’d want to be a fair bit under RRP of the original given how niche these are. Also, Rolex won’t touch them.

PVD/DLC= yuck in my opinion why not just buy a black watch in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

PVD/DLC= yuck in my opinion why not just buy a black watch in the first place.

What if you wanted a Rolex model in black?

What if you wanted a Rolex model in black?

If you want a black watch made by Rolex then your in a bit of bother and as I said PVD/DLC is horrible in my opinion but my tastes are not everybody’s

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

antodeco wrote: »
    Absolutely. I actually liked the look of the watches. I'm not 100% convinced on the Gold DD yet though. I'll let it grow on me and see.

Funnily, I'm not a massive fan of the submariners, which I know are extremely popular here

love to see some pics of the dd40, i couldnt pull one off but i do like them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

And look who the seller is :D

Is there something we should know about the seller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Do some reading about McManus watches and you'll get the picture of him.

Short version is, he is a deeply unpleasant person. And that's quite an understatement.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Do some reading about McManus watches and you'll get the picture of him.

Short version is, he is a deeply unpleasant person. And that's quite an understatement.

Hmmmm done my research, not very pleasant reading at all.thanks for the heads up

Comments removed.......advert mods hang your head that he is even allowed operate.

“My feedback speaks for it self”

Indeed it does for the 5 euro items he sells. Look at the Kickstarter scam. And eBay feedback where he tried a scam on a planet ocean if I recall.

I genuinely believe he has been building up to a scam with the Mickey Mouse sales on adverts. Why the **** else would you sell flour for a 5er. I fear for someone on adverts.

No photos. Instead pushing people towards his YouTube which he has recently populated to make himself look legitimate also.

Scam incoming.

Would not touch that with someone else's barge pole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭55Percent

I seen that ad about an hour ago, someone was asking for more pics and now its gone? Isnt that weird.

Now he has added pics as he is reading here.

Hi John!

Best of luck with the scam.

55Percent wrote: »
    I seen that ad about an hour ago, someone was asking for more pics and now its gone? Isnt that weird.

Pics up now. I think the watch is quite possibly and even likely perfectly genuine but the idea of dealing with the seller gives me hives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

How does he have +40 feedback yet he has no sold adverts?

• Advertisement

Down a grand to 13k.....all comments gone......well one new one....

Advertisement