Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vesta Living - Clongriffin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dedgunns

AStadler wrote: »
    Hi,

How long did it take from the time you applied and the approval?

Thanks

Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Just saw Vesta are offering two weeks free rent if you sign to move in before the end of July. I’m hoping to move there at some point but not that soon. Anyone know if rent prices are being affected from the pandemic (going up/down)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Just saw Vesta are offering two weeks free rent if you sign to move in before the end of July. I’m hoping to move there at some point but not that soon. Anyone know if rent prices are being affected from the pandemic (going up/down)?

https://thepropertypin.com/c/the-irish-property-bubble/rental-price-drops

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ROCLL1

Hi everyone!

I’ve been following the thread for a while, very informative. We’re meant to be moving in to a one bed plus on the 7th of July. We’re just a bit nervous because lots of people telling me that it’s a dangerous area and Darndale is nearby. Can anyone please alleviate my fears 🙈
    Also at the viewing we only ever saw the two bed and regular one bed and we’re curious to see the one bed plus that we’re moving into has anyone any photos or floor plans as it’s hard to judge size wise. It’s crazy moving somewhere without ever having viewed it but the whole complex really does look amazing online.
    Would love to join the WhatsApp group!
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ROCLL1

Thanks a million. We’ve just been told so many mixed reviews that we both started getting concerned. Great to hear from someone living in the area as neither of us are from Dublin so we’re a bit unsure of areas that are safer than others etc like we would do in our own counties.
    Really looking forward to moving there now and becoming part of the community!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DaveCon24

Hi folks,

Just moved into the our apartment and we really like it. Seeing as it’s the weekend and reception is closed I was wondering if anyone could answer a few qs:

1. Am I right in saying each apartment doesn’t have their own router but we all use a shared WiFi called Vesta? Also finding the WiFi drops every so often.

2. Having issues connecting to the Dimplex hub, when I try to through the app it says it has an owner and then when I try to take ownership of it it can’t connect to it, anyone else was having the same issue?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭antimatterx

ROCLL1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I’ve been following the thread for a while, very informative. We’re meant to be moving in to a one bed plus on the 7th of July. We’re just a bit nervous because lots of people telling me that it’s a dangerous area and Darndale is nearby. Can anyone please alleviate my fears ��
    Also at the viewing we only ever saw the two bed and regular one bed and we’re curious to see the one bed plus that we’re moving into has anyone any photos or floor plans as it’s hard to judge size wise. It’s crazy moving somewhere without ever having viewed it but the whole complex really does look amazing online.
    Would love to join the WhatsApp group!
    x

Clongriffin is fine. It's a quiet and a place where people just want to live there lives. I live on the other side in Red Arches and it's been a fine place to live. Very quiet, and no social issues.

ROCLL1 wrote: »
    Thanks a million. We’ve just been told so many mixed reviews that we both started getting concerned. Great to hear from someone living in the area as neither of us are from Dublin so we’re a bit unsure of areas that are safer than others etc like we would do in our own counties.
    Really looking forward to moving there now and becoming part of the community!

Only seeing this now. Don't be concerned at all. The area is very quiet and feels very safe. The complex also has its own security, see the guy walk around the apartments a lot, especially at night. Its also very well lit around the apartments :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sulbo7

Hi Everyone!

I've been reading this thread over the last couple of weeks and it's been really helpful! My application has been approved and I'm considering a standard two bedroom apartment. For those of you who have moved in, are you happy with everything and has it been a good decision?

I'm caught between two minds of holding off until August/September but am worried that all of the apartments will be gone by then. Are the buildings starting to fill up or does it look like most of the apartments are still being worked on?

For those of you living in the standard two bedrooms apartments, are you happy with the size of the space and the balcony?

And finally, do the apartments have washing machines, dryers and dishwashers? I'm pretty sure that the answer is yes but just want to be sure.

sulbo7 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

I've been reading this thread over the last couple of weeks and it's been really helpful! My application has been approved and I'm considering a standard two bedroom apartment. For those of you who have moved in, are you happy with everything and has it been a good decision?

I'm caught between two minds of holding off until August/September but am worried that all of the apartments will be gone by then. Are the buildings starting to fill up or does it look like most of the apartments are still being worked on?

For those of you living in the standard two bedrooms apartments, are you happy with the size of the space and the balcony?

And finally, do the apartments have washing machines, dryers and dishwashers? I'm pretty sure that the answer is yes but just want to be sure.

Moved into a 2-bed standard about a month ago, and absolutely delighted with the place. Don't regret the decision at all!!!

In relation to holding off, that's a difficult one to answer.... COVID has slowed everything down, but one beds went like hot cakes, and I think 2 bed standards are close to being filled too, but can't say that with certainty. There are definitely apartments that are still empty, mainly 2 and 3 beds.

I find that there is loads of room in the standard 2 bed, but there are only two of us (and a dog). Not sure if you have kids and how you would find the space. Our balcony is definitely bigger than an average apartment, love it. Also, if you can, go for facing the park (south facing), so you get sun most of the day!!

The apartments have a dishwasher and washing/dryer combo. So, in other words, its crap at drying your washing (unless you want the machine on for hours and/or spend loads of money). We just leave our clothes on a clothes horse beside an open window in the second room. The apartments are warm and the clothes dry VERY quickly. The lease says you cannot dry clothes on the balcony, and they actually enforce it.

Hope all that helps. They are lovely apartments and a far higher standard than most of the city!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Pomar89

About to move later this week and really excited!

Just wondering, how long before the moving date did you get the Welcome Email?

Dedgunns wrote: »
    Moved into a 2-bed standard about a month ago, and absolutely delighted with the place. Don't regret the decision at all!!!

In relation to holding off, that's a difficult one to answer.... COVID has slowed everything down, but one beds went like hot cakes, and I think 2 bed standards are close to being filled too, but can't say that with certainty. There are definitely apartments that are still empty, mainly 2 and 3 beds.

I find that there is loads of room in the standard 2 bed, but there are only two of us (and a dog). Not sure if you have kids and how you would find the space. Our balcony is definitely bigger than an average apartment, love it. Also, if you can, go for facing the park (south facing), so you get sun most of the day!!

The apartments have a dishwasher and washing/dryer combo. So, in other words, its crap at drying your washing (unless you want the machine on for hours and/or spend loads of money). We just leave our clothes on a clothes horse beside an open window in the second room. The apartments are warm and the clothes dry VERY quickly. The lease says you cannot dry clothes on the balcony, and they actually enforce it.

Hope all that helps. They are lovely apartments and a far higher standard than most of the city!

Thanks Dedgunns, much appreciated :)

Is it safe to assume that a floorplan which shows the balcony in the bottom of the picture is south facing? Or how did you confirm this prior to moving in?

Cheers!!

sulbo7 wrote: »
    Thanks Dedgunns, much appreciated :)

Is it safe to assume that a floorplan which shows the balcony in the bottom of the picture is south facing? Or how did you confirm this prior to moving in?

Cheers!!

I think so (this is the case for block 33 and 32), but I’m not sure about block 31 as that block consists of 3 different buildings positioned in different orientations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Hi, Myself and my partner are due to move in mid-july. We want to get a cover for the couch, would anybody be able to tell us the name of the couch if it easy to see. Would be a great help! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭antimatterx

These seem fierce expensive for what you're getting imo

Mr.S wrote: »
    Fairly standard for Dublin though. Plus new builds to a relatively high spec with decent features.

Definitely, by Dublin prices, and for their level of quality and services provided, they are actually very reasonable. I stress, I mean by Dublin standards. In general, the cost of rent in Dublin is absurd!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ms Sally

Hi,
    Moving into 1bed vesta tomorrow and would love to apart to the wattsap group of that is still going ! This thread has been very helpful preparing for the move :)

Ms Sally wrote: »
    Hi,
    Moving into 1bed vesta tomorrow and would love to apart to the wattsap group of that is still going ! This thread has been very helpful preparing for the move :)

Just PM me your name and phone number and I’ll add you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stephaniekk

Hey guys! Brand new to boards.ie but there seems to be soo much useful info on here.
    We are moving into our apartment next month was supposed to be 28th of may.
    I’ve so many questions for you all living there but I’ll start with two.
    Has anyone moved into a premium one bed yet? If so what are the pros in reality not just on paper.
    Also could I join the WhatsApp 😊
    Thanks neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stephaniekk

Ms Sally wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi sally. If you don’t mind me asking did you move into standard plus or premium

• Advertisement

Hi sally. If you don’t mind me asking did you move into standard plus or premium

Hey guys, DM me with your number and name and I'll add ye to the WhatsApp group

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Oanar

Hi there,

We will be moving in building 33 on 22nd of July. I was wondering if the shared desks and meeting rooms are found only in building 32?

Would love to be in the WhatsApp group as well :)

Thank you!

Oanar wrote: »
    Hi there,

We will be moving in building 33 on 22nd of July. I was wondering if the shared desks and meeting rooms are found only in building 32?

Would love to be in the WhatsApp group as well :)

Thank you!

Yup, all common area facilities are in building 32 (The Mayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gary186

Hey there,

We just moved into building 33 yesterday and were looking to switch providers for our electricity, would anyone have any tips/advice for that?

Thanks

Hi all,

Moving in on July 31st and would like to join the Whatsapp Group if possible?

Have a general question too. Moving into a standard 2 bedroom and the inventory list says 2 double beds. Does this mean standard double or king?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gary186

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yes you can switch, you just ask Vesta for your MPRN and meter readings. You are free to pick any provider you wish, but the current provider Pinergy will offer you a discount to stay.

All beds are King!

That's great, thank you very much.

Would also love to join the WhatsApp Group if there would be someone who could add me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AoifSimba

Hey guys,
    Myself and my boyfriend applied for a one bedroom just last night; we only came cross Vesta during the week 🀦ðŸ¼*♀️ Has anyone had any success getting a one bed lately? I’m reading the thread back to May and seemingly they’re all gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 makshl

Hi guys,
    Does anybody know what is going on with the planned Mayne river walking path behind the building? It should developed by Gannon Homes at some point. Would be a great addition to the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Paolacor

Hi all,

We just moved in today in building 31! How does the hot water work? It's been turned on for over 2 hours and it's still cold.

I am interested in joining the Whatsapp group too, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 andrenoberto

Paolacor wrote: »
    Hi all,

We just moved in today in building 31! How does the hot water work? It's been turned on for over 2 hours and it's still cold.

I am interested in joining the Whatsapp group too, thank you!

I think you need to control it with the Dimplex Hub. Btw, my apartment is missing it, it's working but in the wrong hours.

Advertisement