Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple Hair on Women

• 12-01-2006 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi Guys and Gals
    Just wondering if any of you could shed any light how common this actually is?

And if ye know of any ladies who have it, whats the best way of dealing with it? Visited my GP recently about it who advised me that laser therapy was the way to go :(

Just as an aside, what do guys actually think about the whole thing, have any of ye ever encountered it?

Cheers :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

A girl I dated once had some hair on her breasts not a mad amount but it was noticeable in a certain light , but I never brought it up, as I didn't stay that long with her .

how much hair on your nipples do you have is it a few stray ones or is it like a guys chest ????

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im a guy, honest opinion - it would freak the **** out of me!! and no matter how nice people on here are, they would agree, i'd run a mile, im sure you can get this sorted out with not too much bother, and yes i have seen it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Ive never seen it. I mean unless youre talking about those tiny little hardly noticable hairs women can also have on their face... is it face or neck? maybe neck, i wouldnt even call it hair - thats fine, perfectly normal. But anything resembling hair which is dark in colour and is more like a small version of head-hair, Id say get rid. Unless youre comfortable with keeping it, in which case thats fine.

I wouldnt say guys would be turned off, but put it this way, if any girl had no hair below the eyebrows, you wouldnt hear a man complain at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

No offence, but it wouldn't float my boat. That being said, it's only hair, and hair can be removed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

Right don't read this if your easily offended or shocked! Apologies.

I was with a girl one night and woke up next morn..usual kissing before ya realise the score. Anyway we were spoonin and i was kinda lookin at her boobs from above...then i saw a hair on the sheets which I assumed was one of my hairs so I pulled it...the scream from her was deafening! I didn't realise the nite before, but the hairs on her nipples were bout 1inch long. She had an amazing body and a hollywood down there, but still had really long nipple hair...twas weird alright!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

It can be a sign of ovarian cysts. She should get it checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Very dark haired girls are more likely to get this.
    Possibilities are:

Pluck (old wives will tell you that it'll grow back thicker:rolleyes: )
    Laser (permanent removal, get to see a laser :cool: )
    Leave (the 'Earth Mother' look :o )
    Plait :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

you forgot bleaching el tet
    try 'Jolen' creme bleach...it lightens excess dark hair.
    id suggest try this first, then u can decide if you want to go plucking or lasering after that.

hope that helps a bit..
    f_m

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

lazydaisy wrote:
    It can be a sign of ovarian cysts. She should get it checked out.

What?? Seriously?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

definitely get rid off...even the mention of nipple hair is a turn off..ugghhghhh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It can be a sign of hormoane imblance, if you're worried go talk to your dr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 youtakintome

nikki2006 wrote:
    Just as an aside, what do guys actually think about the whole thing, have any of ye ever encountered it?
    Depends on how bad it is - I've had the experience before and it was not a major deal.

Beats flossing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

scared now-

Dont be too alarmed. Often they are benign. But hair on nipples or excessive facial hair is often pointed to as a symptom. May not be the case at all. Could just be a hormonal imbalance. Eitherway she should see the doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

lazydaisy wrote:
    scared now-

Dont be too alarmed. Often they are benign. But hair on nipples or excessive facial hair is often pointed to as a symptom. May not be the case at all. Could just be a hormonal imbalance. Eitherway she should see the doctor.

dont be trying to freak the poor girl out, none of us are doctors in here ;) .

its not uncommon, it can be down to a hormonal imbalance, or diet, or age, or menstral cycle, hereditary, littleraly anything. Honest , dont be worrying about it, just when at your guyne next mention it, and they might run a couple of blood tests. A friend of mine had a similar problem, and she got it sorted. So dont be worrying at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

nikki2006 wrote:
    Hi Guys and Gals
    Just wondering if any of you could shed any light how common this actually is? Cheers :o

I am not exactly a sex god but I have seen a few tits in my lifetime and I never came across any hair around the nipples. Eww.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I am not exactly a sex god but I have seen a few tits in my lifetime and I never came across any hair around the nipples. Eww.

LOL...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭ferdi

Right don't read this if your easily offended or shocked! Apologies.

I was with a girl one night and woke up next morn..usual kissing before ya realise the score. Anyway we were spoonin and i was kinda lookin at her boobs from above...then i saw a hair on the sheets which I assumed was one of my hairs so I pulled it...the scream from her was deafening! I didn't realise the nite before, but the hairs on her nipples were bout 1inch long. She had an amazing body and a hollywood down there, but still had really long nipple hair...twas weird alright!!
    HOT.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Only ever encountered it once. It was a bit dark and there was only one hair, about an inch long, so I hadn't noticed it before it got caught in my teeth. I've yet to come across a sex guide that prepares you for that situation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If she visited her GP recently, would he not of told about it possibly being a ovarian cyst?

bit worrying if he didnt..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Can never understand the bleaching thing. Oh look, that girl has a blonde/white furry top lip instead of a black/brown one. Why yes, bleached blonde 1 inch long tit hairs are so much more acceptable to me than 1 inch long black titty hairs. Not a turn off at all in that colour!

Pluck for the love of fcuk! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

nikki2006 wrote:
    And if ye know of any ladies who have it, whats the best way of dealing with it? Visited my GP recently about it who advised me that laser therapy was the way to go :(
    Cheers :o

I've never encountered it. 'Fire the laser' or 'pluck 'em', I wouldn't find them a turn-on at all :o '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nikki2006

Cheers everyone for all the feedback! Its not fine hair its more like pubic hair :( I'll keep pluckin away for the meantime anyways, i think its the most effective way, YEEEOUUUUCCCHHH! Will face the laser at a later stage :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Sifo

Hey Nikki,

Personally it's a big turnoff for me, i was with a girl once for a few months and one night we got a little aroused and couldnt hold back, i was young enough and didnt have my own place (bout 17). After a few drinks in the local we headed for the beach and as soon as my mouth got to that area i realised the hair and stopped what we were doing, i actually made an excuse i didnt want the first time we were together to be on a beach. This girl was amazing and I couldnt get over it back then. Ended up leaving her for someone else, was a total idiot and have regretted it ever since....

Basically what im trying to say is the majority of responses here will be more than likely negative but some people are shallow... its not a major problem unless it really bothers YOU...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

zaph wrote:
    Only ever encountered it once. It was a bit dark and there was only one hair,
    Ditto, but it looked like she had shaved it.

I saw one picture of a woman who had a lot of downy hair on her breasts, but you had to look to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Anon2006

my gf has piles

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

el tel wrote:
    Pluck (old wives will tell you that it'll grow back thicker:rolleyes: )
    Shaving is the old wives tale.
    Anon2006 wrote:
    my gf has piles
    thats what she tells you cause you keep pestering her for anal.

That girl with the 1 inch hairs! that is crazy, I always think it odd when I see old grannies with 2-3" hairs on their face, I usually put it down to them being a bit senile, but how a young woman who does shave elsewhere can leave these big long hairs is very odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Unhelpful and off topic postings will get you banned from this forum.
    Do read the rules for posting that are in the charter.
    Have a nice day,
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Girlfriend

DON'T PLUCK! It will strengthen the root and make it grow back thicker!

Trim with a scissors if you can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Several posters try to dispel the Myth of plucked hairs growing back thicker and what do you do Girlfriend??

Hairs taper to a point on the end. ie they don't look too thick. When you shave a hair or cut it with a scissors you are cutting across the thicker shaft of the hair and are left with a 'thick' end to the hair which makes it look thicker than a normal uncut hair. Shaving or cutting makes it look thicker, Plucking out completely means that when the new hair grows back from the root you get the natural tapered point to the hair which doesn't look as thick.

Advertisement