Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Athletics Dates for 2012

• 12-11-2011 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Note that Bohermeen AC have announced a new race. The Spring Half Marathon on Sunday 4 March. The Dunshaughlin 10km will be staged on 30 June.

4 March 2012 Bohermeen AC Meath Spring half marathon 12noon, Bohermeen Community Centre.
    17 March 2012 Fr. Murphy 5Mile Road Race & Fun Run incorporating the Meath 5Mile
    Road Championships Fr. Murphy AC Ballivor, Co. Meath

25 March 2012 Dunboyne 4 Mile Road Race Dunboyne AC Dunboyne

1 April 2012 St. Brigid's AC Open 5k Hill Run incorporating Meath Hill Running Championships (IMRA Rules) St. Brigid's AC Mullaghmeen Forest Park, Oldcastle, Co. Meath.

22 April 2012 Cushinstown AC Open T&F Sports Cushinstown AC Cushinstown, Co. Meath

16 May 2012 Simon Cumber & Paddy Hyland 6k Road Race Navan AC Claremont Stadium, Navan

22 May 2012 Bob Heffernan 5k Road Race Na Fianna AC Hamlet Court Hotel, Johnstown Bridge,

6 June 2012 Patrick Bell Memorial 5k Road Race & Fun Race Bohermeen AC Bohermeen Community Centre

15 June 2012 The Braveheart 5k Trail Run Trim AC .Porchfields,Trim, Co. Meath

30 June 2012 Michael Manning 10k Road Race & Fun Run Dunshaughlin Ac Dunshaughlin Community Centre

4 July 2012 South O'Hanlon 5k Road Race & Fun Run South O'Hanlon Senchelestown
    GAA Centre

18 July 2012 St. Brigid's AC 5k Road Race & Fun Run St. Brigid's AC Oldcastle.

24 July 2012 Tara AC 5K Road Race & Fun Run Tara AC Skyrne Community Hall

2 Sept 2012 Navan AC Annual T&F Sports Navan AC Claremont Stadium, Navan

9 Sept 2012 Rennicks Cup & Fr Delany 5 Mile Road Race & Fun Run Bohermeen AC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ruarl Runner

Half marathon in Bohermeen looks very interesting, at last a longish distance event with limited travel!!!! And given how well these guys do in terms of hosting the 5K and 5 miler it should be good. Have you any idea of the route, costs etc...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Peckham

That half marathon is perfect for me in terms of scheduling. Saves me a trip up north!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭umpire bat

Correction....Bohermeen 5km 9th June.

4 March 2012 Bohermeen AC Meath Spring half marathon 12noon, Bohermeen Community Centre.

17 March 2012 Fr. Murphy 5Mile Road Race & Fun Run incorporating the Meath 5Mile

1 April 2012 St. Brigid's AC Open 5k Hill Run incorporating Meath Hill Running Championships (IMRA Rules) St. Brigid's AC Mullaghmeen Forest Park, Oldcastle, Co. Meath.

22 April 2012 Cushinstown AC Open T&F Sports Cushinstown AC Cushinstown, Co. Meath

16 May 2012 Simon Cumber & Paddy Hyland 6k Road Race Navan AC Claremont Stadium, Navan

22 May 2012 Bob Heffernan 5k Road Race Na Fianna AC Hamlet Court Hotel, Johnstown Bridge,

9 June 2012 Patrick Bell Memorial 5k Road Race & Fun Race Bohermeen AC Bohermeen Community Centre

30 June 2012 Michael Manning 10k Road Race & Fun Run Dunshaughlin Ac Dunshaughlin Community Centre

GAA Centre

24 August 2012 Tara AC 5K Road Race & Fun Run Tara AC Skyrne Community Hall

9 Sept 2012 Rennicks Cup & Fr Delany 5 Mile Road Race & Fun Run Bohermeen AC

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Has the Tara race been moved to July? It's been on in late August last couple of years.

Dates corrected. Thanks for pointing out the error re Tara AC 5km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Excellent, delighted to see the addition of the half marathon. I've been looking for a spring one to fit in for London preparation. Perfect timing and location.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ruarl Runner

Is the Paddy Hyland race (Navan) moved from December to May??? I know it was postponed the last two years with the weather, is this the rationale for the change of date??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Navan has there 10km on 26th of December and then a 6km race on in May, two different races.

The weather situation went against Navan AC for the past two years with the Paddy Hyland race. They have decided to award the Paddy Hyland Cup to the first female finisher in the 16 May race.

Please note also that the Star of the Sea AC cross country meeting will be at Greenanstown, Stamullin on Sunday 23 Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Dunshaughlin doesnt clash with any of the euro 2012 games, happy days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

tang1 wrote: »
    Navan has there 10km on 26th of December and then a 6km race on in May, two different races.

Does anyone have any more info or links to details of the 10k on the 26th in Navan ?

I will be in Navan over Christmas this year and I heard there was one on a few months back but couldn't find any details through Google or on the Navan AC Website besides results from old races.

Any ideas of routes, registration etc :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

lway wrote: »

Does anyone have any more info or links to details of the 10k on the 26th in Navan ?

I will be in Navan over Christmas this year and I heard there was one on a few months back but couldn't find any details through Google or on the Navan AC Website besides results from old races.

Any ideas of routes, registration etc :confused:

Entry is on Run Ireland for this, very little info for ya on it apart from that.

Disregard the runireland link. Navan Athletic Club informed the Meath Board November meeting that they will NOT be staging the 10km on 26 Dec 2011 and that the Paddy Hyland Cup will now be awarded to first female in their 8km race being staged in May.

9 June 2012 Patrick Bell Memorial 5k Road Race & Fun Race Bohermeen AC Bohermeen Community Centre

23 June 2012 Michael Manning 10k Road Race & Fun Run Dunshaughlin Ac Dunshaughlin Community Centre

GAA Centre

24 August 2012 Tara AC 5K Road Race & Fun Run Tara AC Skyrne Community Hall

9 Sept 2012 Rennicks Cup & Fr Delany 5 Mile Road Race & Fun Run Bohermeen A

23 Sept 2012 Star of the sea cross country meeting, Greenanstown, Stamullin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

The half marathon is peferct timing for me and at €20 entry fee its a steal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Dunshaughlin 10k is a week earlier in those dates now. Is this correct? Now it does clash with Euro 2012 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

groovyg wrote: »
    The half marathon is peferct timing for me and at €20 entry fee its a steal

Agreed, other events should take heed of this, 20 euro is loads for a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭firemouth

delighted to see a half marathon close to where i live!!Bohermeen always run a great event,love all the homemade cakes and buns afterwards!!20euros is unbelievable value!fair play to yez Bohermeen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Peckham

Anyone have an insight into how hilly or otherwise the half marathon course is? According to the website:
    The course for the titled Meath Spring half marathon will take in two fast laps starting on the Newline and running left hand through Ongenstown towards Navan Athboy road towards Navan and left on the Boyerstown road. The course is designed to help runners from the elite to fun runner to get a decent time and also will give all runners a new half marathon challenge right on their door step.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

This race happening this year? I don't see anywhere to register?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Pronator wrote: »
    Reckon you need to elaborate there Iano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Pronator wrote: »

Yes it's happening. Online entry will be available shortly. Will post when I have definitive details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

umpire bat wrote: »

6 June 2012 Patrick Bell Memorial 5k Road Race & Fun Race Bohermeen AC Bohermeen Community Centre

But according to this its

11 May 2012 Simon Cumber & Paddy Hyland 6k Road Race Navan AC Claremont Stadium, Navan

23 June 2012 Michael Manning 10k Road Race & Fun Run Dunshaughlin Ac Dunshaughlin Community Centre

Can anyone confirm dates for me please as i'm trying to make plans adn would liek to do these races...The 5m of the race series os on 30th June so cant do that and Dunshaughlin if they are same day...and i have yet to race a 5m:eek:

Younganne wrote: »
    But according to this its

11 May 2012 Simon Cumber & Paddy Hyland 6k Road Race Navan AC Claremont Stadium, Navan

Can anyone confirm dates for me please as i'm trying to make plans adn would liek to do these races...The 5m of the race series os on 30th June so cant do that and Dunshaughlin if they are same day...and i have yet to race a 5m:eek:

The dates as listed in the calender are correct i.e 11th May, 9th June, 23rd June.

The dates as listed in the calender are correct i.e 11th May, 9th June, 23rd June.

Thanks MCS...i found Bohermeen on their website since posting but couldn't find the others.... Cheers

Younganne wrote: »
    ...and i have yet to race a 5m:eek:

Bohermeen stage a very enjoyable 5 Mile in September

yep, hope to be there too!!

Anyone know about the St. Brigid’s A.C. 5k on July 18th, suits me from a timing perspective.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Anyone know about the St. Brigid’s A.C. 5k on July 18th, suits me from a timing perspective.

Run in and around the town of Oldcastle, Co. Meath. Kick off at 8pm. Won last year by Andy Ledwith, in a whisker over 15mins.

• Advertisement

Run in and around the town of Oldcastle, Co. Meath. Kick off at 8pm. Won last year by Andy Ledwith, in a whisker over 15mins.

Thanks - Flat, lumpy, PB potential?

Advertisement