Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gamestop Xbox One X Deal - ends 31st May

• 15-05-2019 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

Pick up an Xbox One X 1TB with Forza Horizon 4 + Forza 7 for only €99.99 when you trade in any Xbox One console + 3 select games.

Offer valid in-store until 31st May.

adrVR5i.jpg

https://www.gamestop.ie/xbox-one-console-bundles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Pick up an Xbox One X 1TB with Forza Horizon 4 + Forza 7 for only €99.99 when you trade in any Xbox One console + 3 select games.

List of games below.

Tempting but it feels like it would be a waste of my One S. :P

What do they usually charge per game if you don't have the games to trade in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Basil3 wrote: »
    What do they usually charge per game if you don't have the games to trade in?

You can get 3 games on list for around 35-40 for all three.

GS would probably be looking for 200+ without games.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

hellboy99 wrote: »

adrVR5i.jpg

https://www.gamestop.ie/xbox-one-console-bundles
    Thanks, great timing that deal, upgraded the kids xbox one s today to an one x, scored major dad points, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

TitianGerm wrote: »
    List of games below.

Has anyone done some research and found the cheapest game on the list to buy?

EmacB wrote: »
    Has anyone done some research and found the cheapest game on the list to buy?

Read towards the end of this thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057245097

There's a bunch of new games you can buy for €15 or less brand new, or your local CEX should have a few

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I did this over the weekend in Dundrum, dead easy and quick. Very pleased, the difference between the S and the X is staggering, really blown away and delighted to have done it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

its a new X right? and what needs to be returned with the old xbox?

its a new X right? and what needs to be returned with the old xbox?

Hdmi lead, power lead, 1 controller and the xbox itself is all you need to bring in plus 3 games from their list. The one x you get is a brand new unit fully packaged from the shelf, not refurbished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

any recommendations where to get or what cheap games to buy from their list?

Argos and Smyths have plenty around 15 mark. Just search Argos from low to high price on games and check list.

The link to their trade in games list is in the second post on this thread, if you go onto gamestop website and select any xbox one x bundle, you can then check which stores have stock, green points on the map indicate stock but it might be best to ring the store to be 100% sure. I went to castlebar because it's not as busy as the galway store. I hope you manage to snap one of these up, act fast as i nabbed the last forza bundle in castlebar on Sunday according to the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

would they take a PS4 in exchange I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JamesLenihan

Seems like a great deal considering the One X is 499 new. Do you have to include a controller and HDMI with the trade in?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Seems like a great deal considering the One X is 499 new. Do you have to include a controller and HDMI with the trade in?

indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Presumably the two games come as digital downloads rather than discs?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

R777B wrote: »
    Presumably the two games come as digital downloads rather than discs?

Yes, 2 digital codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

I went to cex and got a copy of Ghostbusters for 15euro, then went across with my old XB S and 2 other games on list and did the trade in. Friend of mine gave me 50euro for the 2 forza games. Game pass has the new forza anyway and alot of other new titles for 10euro a month subscription, I'd probably spend about 120 on 2 new games a year anyway so the game pass is well worth with this. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JamesLenihan

I went into Argos and got overcooked 2 for both xbox one and PS4. Both are down to €15. Traded them in with Fifa 19 as i dont really play it anymore and it'l be worthless after the summer. Thanks to the OP for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Do the games have to be different our could you trade in 3 of the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

wingnut wrote: »
    Do the games have to be different our could you trade in 3 of the same?

No multiples I believe. Has to be different platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭davork

So maybe I'm missing something... if...
    - I bought a 2nd hand xbox one 500gb bundle for 180 yoyos
    - add three games on the list (from wherever) for 45 yoyos
    - trade these in immediately for the xbox x bundle for 100 yoyos

I get an xbox x (with two games) for 325 as opposed to 500+??!?!

Seems... a tad insane...but saves 175 yoyos of the list price... unless I'm missing something

For reference:
    - Amazon UK's price is GBP 419 (warehouse is GBP 345 - 380)

davork wrote: »
    So maybe I'm missing something... if...
    - I bought a 2nd hand xbox one 500gb bundle for 180 yoyos
    - add three games on the list (from wherever) for 45 yoyos
    - trade these in immediately for the xbox x bundle for 100 yoyos

I get an xbox x (with two games) for 325 as opposed to 500+??!?!

Seems... a tad insane...but saves 175 yoyos of the list price... unless I'm missing something

For reference:
    - Amazon UK's price is GBP 419 (warehouse is GBP 345 - 380)

You can get a second hand 500GB Xbox for as low as 100 with a bit of effort.

Add 45 for games. 245 for the same deal.

thanks op got it today. Got the games from cex best i could do was three for €51. Got a one S recently enough but held onto the original 500gb so a nice trade up on an old console.

Debating now weather to use the one s and sell the X since as i have one upstairs that I never use.

wingnut wrote: »
    thanks op got it today. Got the games from cex best i could do was three for €51. Got a one S recently enough but held onto the original 500gb so a nice trade up on an old console.

Debating now weather to use the one s and sell the X since as i have one upstairs that I never use.

Scratch that, I cracked it open! Nice piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Thanks OP got deal today, great offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

Wil give this a go over the next day or so - I see they also offer a PS4 Pro as well as Days Gone for 129 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Wolff wrote: »
    Wil give this a go over the next day or so - I see they also offer a PS4 Pro as well as Days Gone for 129 euro
    Where's the PS4 deal @Wolff - I can't seem to find it

• Advertisement

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Where's the PS4 deal @Wolff - I can't seem to find it

Not very visible on the site....it's here on this link

https://www.gamestop.ie/Used

And the link for the games (I'm assuming it's the same as Xbox?)

https://www.gamestop.ie/Views/Locale/Content/Docs/TRADE_UPGRADE_OFFER_INCLUSION_LIST.pdf

Advertisement