Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitdefender Total Security 2018 - 5 devices for around €15

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Some not so great reviews from users online, can anyone recommend/help me pull the trigger? Seen issues with the software being bloated and using too much memory on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,577 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I used it for about a year and while it's good, it does seem to get more bloated which each release :( I also had some issues with the firewall blocking things I didn't want blocked.

Kaspersky is the main alternative I think (both get consistently high scores in the detection ratings) but I find the consumer versions of these things are either full of stuff you don't want, or don't give the control that the business version does.

As an install and forget it "average user" product though, bitdefender or kaspersky will easily do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

2019 version is out and it works with the subscription. Just go to the Bitdefender Central and download the new version.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

I can't get the code to work, can someone type it out again for me.

Or maybe I've made a mistake, or the code has ran out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

So this is running out for people who signed up this time last year. It's asking me for $90 to renew.

Any way of getting this at better value?

• Advertisement

• Around 20 euro here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

So this is running out for people who signed up this time last year. It's asking me for $90 to renew.

Any way of getting this at better value?

You should have stacked renewals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭TestLink

It has gone up to €34.99 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Genghis

I clicked link (thanks Taylor Helpless Pavilion), paid £19.40 GBP, renewed now.

@Testlink try clicking incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭dmc17

Around 20 euro here.

Thanks for the link Taylor Helpless Pavilion! Just renewed for €19.43 for another year :)

Got a mail yesterday saying it would auto-renew next week for €69.99 :eek:

Hopefully nobody here gets caught out with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Did you have to create a new account to "renew"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭dmc17

Did you have to create a new account to "renew"?

No, it links to your existing account and adds 365 days to your remaining subscription time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I turned off auto renewal and it said if I turned it back on it would guarantee the same price next year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

My renewal isnt until Oct, would it stack onto that and give me until oct 2020 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Around 20 euro here.

Is this a renewal or new account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Yes, if you sign up for it you get a code which you can to an existing subscription. I added an additional year with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

If you click the link below and remove "Bitdefender Virus & Spyware Removal (1 intervention)" you can get Bitdefender Total Security 2020 for €23.32. Works for an existing sub, it just stacks.

https://www.bitdefender.com/deals/?lc_aid=39902&lc_cid=4679&cid=aff|c|LC&lctid=39257416

Advertisement