Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Times Ireland/Sunday Times Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭terencemc

Anyone know how many IP addresses can be used on one membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Transferred to new pricing after a quick phone call.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ablelocks

transferred too...edit - I'm midway thru my current contract, so he cancelled that and will issue a refund for the remaining days and my new billing cycle starts today.

when i told him about the issues i was having with the epaper version, he said that they will be phasing out the epaper but didn't have a timescale. This would be a huge pity, their epaper is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭jayjbe

Anyone know of this still includes the 2for1 cinema tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

jayjbe wrote: »

Just had a look, yes it does. Sat, Sun and Mon only at Odeon Cinemas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

jayjbe wrote: »

Usually a free Kindle book (their pick) a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I asked how long the offer is available for and the person taking the call didnt know.

She said if the price is increased you have thirty days to cancel but really you should be told when signing up is the offer for a limited period or not.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Usually a free Kindle book (their pick) a month

Thats there as well as the 2 for 1 cinema tickets. Also something to do with movie rental from Rakuten TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Ah, no free iPad with this subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Ah, no free iPad with this subscription.

Use the money you save on the price to buy your own free iPad :pac:

I'm in the market for a subscription news source. Do people with existing subscriptions find it good? I'll do the trial anyway but looking for feedback from people that have been using it a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

xckjoo wrote: »

I'm in the market for a subscription news source. Do people with existing subscriptions find it good? I'll do the trial anyway but looking for feedback from people that have been using it a while.

Have you ever read the Irish Sunday Times or the Daily version of the paper? If so, you should pretty much know what to expect in terms of content.

Fiver a month for this deal along with the membership offers is a no brainer tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

The Times daily and the Sunday Times, every last bit

I use the iPad app, great. Download editions to read offline. Also works on any old Android tablet.

Call me stupid but how do I navigate to the Sunday Times from https://www.thetimes.co.uk/?

dinneenp wrote: »
    Call me stupid but how do I navigate to the Sunday Times from https://www.thetimes.co.uk/?

Past 6 days, top of page

xckjoo wrote: »

it's excellent, and as well as the main newspaper you get all the supplements too. I've had it over 2 years now and despite my earlier gripes, at €5 it is a must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Glebee wrote: »
    Just had a look, yes it does. Sat, Sun and Mon only at Odeon Cinemas.

How can do I get this offer. Is there a card or something?

kala85 wrote: »
    How can do I get this offer. Is there a card or something?

You get a code from the site i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MickyD

Dropping subscription price from €21 to €5 with 1st month free.

Thank you Birneybau, just called them and they reduced it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I contacted them yesterday via chat, they told me I was on a discounted 50% for 6 months and in contract until Nov 19.
    I can then move to the new price plan when its over.

I'll try them again today on the number provided on twitter and see the story

Still no joy in talking to customer support.
    The guy went to the manager and came back saying because you are on discount for 6 months I should call back in August and cancel my final 3 months and swap to new plan then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

I signed up - Got the paper - I am only finding the content okay ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Still no joy in talking to customer support.
    The guy went to the manager and came back saying because you are on discount for 6 months I should call back in August and cancel my final 3 months and swap to new plan then.

Contact the editor of Irish Edition on twitter, he's usually pretty quick to reply: https://twitter.com/roakleyIRL?lang=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Great bargain alert OP, had never thought Id subscribe to a paper but at just €1.25 a week its well worth it

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Great bargain alert OP, had never thought Id subscribe to a paper but at just €1.25 a week its well worth it

I imagine that's what they're thinking, get more people in. 3 years at €21 myself but I did get an iPad and Bose speaker out of them. Regular purchaser of the Sunday Times before that so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Before this app came out , I used to be able to get the Sunday times as an E paper on my ipad.

Is there still an app like this that I can get with this subscription and can someone post up a link to it if there is.

Thanks

kala85 wrote: »
    Before this app came out , I used to be able to get the Sunday times as an E paper on my ipad.

Is there still an app like this that I can get with this subscription and can someone post up a link to it if there is.

Thanks

search the app store on your ipad - there are 2 apps, one is the epaper and one is the standard app version. look for the ireland editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Archive section seems a bit underwhelming on the initial showing

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Are they still doing the iPad deal?

Sorry too lazy to read the thread.

idnkph wrote: »
    Are they still doing the iPad deal?

Sorry too lazy to read the thread.

Yeah, and they're actually PAYING new subscribers €10...A DAY

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have the "ipad edition" subscription for this I think, which is 13 quid a month and that's only for the Mon-Sat papers.

Is this a different app with a different layout?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭torrevieja

logically wrote: »
    Have you ever read the Irish Sunday Times or the Daily version of the paper? If so, you should pretty much know what to expect in terms of content.

Fiver a month for this deal along with the membership offers is a no brainer tbh.

whats the membership offers ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Thanks OP, I just signed up.

I assume any offer on an iPad is gone following this price reduction? :pac:

Advertisement