Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

What did everyone think of GM's forecast?! Whatever happens on Friday roads are gonna be lethal everywhere on Saturday morning i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Still going strong in Dundalk.

Am I mad, or am I hearing thunder???

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thebang1978

any idea why the snow today makes better snowballs:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

LookingFor wrote: »
    Snow's started in south D15.

Let's see what comes of this :)
    was just going to post the same :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    ahhhhh come on, this is not funny any more. seriously this snow is getting lazy after waterford.

Still rubbish here in Dungarvan. Just in from a walk, snowed a tiny bit, the usual crap we've been getting the past few days. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

:
    ronoc wrote: »
    Or frozen pee in his lock:pac:

:D:D I like it,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Heavy Graupel-y stuff here in Malahide, car tracks and footprints all covered up again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I think we can safely say that all of Lucan is getting snow now.
    Fairly heavy here by Willsbrook Park. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

any idea why the snow today makes better snowballs:confused:
    Tried to make a snowman but snow was frozen,not nice and fluffy and wouldn't roll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

ardmacha wrote: »
    Is this the case? If the rain is coming from the North -West I would have thought that it was the distance from that coast that would be material, 1982 style.

Thought the same myself. He didn't say snow on the coast either he just said rain in the west and north west and snow in the midlands and east.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

richers86 wrote: »
    Still rubbish here in Dungarvan. Just in from a walk, snowed a tiny bit, the usual crap we've been getting the past few days. :(

oh great, it appears the force field is in full affect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jackie_0

There was only a light shower here last night.. can lusk/swords expect any decent snow at all tonight and tomorrow?!!

Snowglobeland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

To anyone who may find it useful. The Luas to cherrywood was running normally. Just got home.

I wouldn't bother with the buses if you have another option. Waited for over an hour for a 45 or 7 and all that went by was one 7, that didnt stop, and 2 out of service buses. The information they are giving out is rubbish. Some of the drivers were saying that they were told to stop, yet 2 mins later I hear yer one from dublin bus on the radio saying that all the buses listed on the website were up and running.

Pearse st/Trinity was at a standstill cause of a crash and had trapped a bunch of the buses that leave from beside Trinity. Id hope its cleared by now though.

2058C4B68D474C32A0084B202EED54A2-0000317220-0002060577-00500L-16CD03C80CC74677A11B491BA20E2A21.jpg
    8F8A01B231954272A1F647DB001043F8-0000317220-0002060578-00500L-B8D54C2CB0234CD8ACDEF4840C5D0D70.jpg

That idiot coach driver was blocking the road and could go nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Is this the case? If the rain is coming from the North -West I would have thought that it was the distance from that coast that would be material, 1982 style.

Yeah, you do have a point , I just checked out the fax charts and you have a valid point. Timing though is of big importance, looks like its going to be hitting Dublin around mid afternoon - warmest part of the day.. If it was 6 AM..different ballgame.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

pre built snowmen falling in kilkenny at the moment, 2 inches after falling in last 30 mins on the three inches already on the ground from last 3 days,

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

starting to worry now - Santy :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: took 3 weeks to thaw & get car out in January

Saw a clapped out old Micra with snow chains in Rathmines.

Genius!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

VERY light snow in Ashtown for a about two minutes- It has stopped now already...
    IOM shadow effect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

a1m1m1o1 wrote: »
    just looked for you parts of asbourne (small part) looks like it will get some. ps Im crap at this so maybe.........

Thankyou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

measured earlier on, one inch fell between 11am and 6 pm, giving a total of nearly 6 inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Gerry said the East would wake either to ice or tightly packed snow on Sat am !

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Jake1 wrote: »
    Snowglobeland :)
    Please god let it be heading in the direction of Celbridge :)

Looking at the latest radar update I'm quietly confident, but after last night I'm taking nothing for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

soft hail in dublin 4

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thebiglewbowski

My temp just keeps on creeping up and up :( 1.2 degs now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snowing again in D4

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

MollyZ wrote: »
    Please god let it be heading in the direction of Celbridge :)

Looking at the latest radar update I'm quietly confident, but after last night I'm taking nothing for granted.

I know what you mean. What a roller coaster. Looking good for you tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Miss Lockhart - get dancing again! It's stopped!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

Snow stopped in Tallaght. But I see it's snowing agian in the city, via the guinness cam.
    So more likely on the way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement