Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Longitude 2020

• 22-11-2019 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello
    When do these tickets go on sale for 2020? Wanted to get one as a Christmas gift

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

They went on sale last year in early December so I imagine it'll be the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sunshine2018

Oh thank you - will it be easy enough to get a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Kendrick, Tyler and ASAP Rocky for the headline.

Not bad at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thought Billie Eilish would have been one of the headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Did ASAP Rocky not headline last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

The Nal wrote: »
    Did ASAP Rocky not headline last year?

Didn’t perform in the end as he was in a jail cell in Sweden

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sp00k

So this is basically just a rap festival now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

sp00k wrote: »
    So this is basically just a rap festival now?

Has been since 2017

That being said, those are probably better headliners than any other festival in Ireland will have next year. Kendrick and Tyler are two of the artists of the decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

its a pity in ireland you can't go to any mainstream pop rap act without expecting messy 16 year olds. the older crowd need to take these gigs back from the kids.

showpony1 wrote: »
    its a pity in ireland you can't go to any mainstream pop rap act without expecting messy 16 year olds. the older crowd need to take these gigs back from the kids.

Would be great if they made them all over 23s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

My own 2 teenagers would probably pawn their new North Face jackets to go to this - Kendrick Lamar, Tyler the Creator and A$ap Rocky confirmed, tickets on sale December 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Would be great if they made them all over 23s!

They'd sell 10 tickets in total. Anyone over 23 at that festival is a rapey weirdo

The Nal wrote: »
    They'd sell 10 tickets in total. Anyone over 23 at that festival is a rapey weirdo

Pretty sure anyone who thinks like that is the rapey weirdo.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

showpony1 wrote: »

I've a theory, and like most of my theories, it requires a healthy dose of salt. During the recession was a glorious time for the older crowd, who worked 9-5 jobs and could afford to go out for pints or a few gigs. Meanwhile, the kids emigrated or struggled with horrible unpaid interships etc.

So, from say 2008-2018 was a glorious era for old fogies, an era we thought might never end. But now the kids have money to buy their tickets and ecstasy* and are suddenly crowding out the previous generation.

Well, we had it good for a while. Pubs with a bit of life but where you could get a seat, reasonably priced early bird dinners, amazing bands playing for 60 quid or less. All gone now. It's the young people's turn. The foreman says these jobs are going boy, and they ain't coming back etc

*or whatever it is kids take these days. Some kind of future space drug no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Want to see Kendrick so baaad.

Never been to Longitude. What's it like for solos and way over 18's?

camz09 wrote: »
    Want to see Kendrick so baaad.

Never been to Longitude. What's it like for solos and way over 18's?

A bit like wading into a teenage disco looking for your child, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Anyone knows what day Charli XCX is playing?
    Bandsintown app reported Mabel for the Friday, so (some of) the non-headliner dates appear to be set, but not publicly reported...
    Not interested in any of the headliners but would like to get daytickets to the Charli XCX day at the end of this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I just popped in because I heard we were kicking teenagers again. Did I miss it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I just popped in because I heard we were kicking teenagers again. Did I miss it?

Wouldn't chance it on unfamiliar terrain, would stick to doing it in Stradbally where the area is mapped out for clean pincer movements as they go from Terminus to the main arena under cover of night....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Stillill42 wrote: »

In Soviet Longitude, teenager kick you!

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

Three presale this morning, did anyone get weekend tickets?

Dubal

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Just got one after 80mins trying

• Registered Users Posts: 37 foxes

3 presale - thought I had missed out, no weekend tickets available kept coming up, so went for a coffee and went back to work, just checked again (10:15 Am) and there it was, quickly bought the 1 weekend ticket I wanted so that's Christmas sorted for the kid. Seems to be some available still

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A question to you hip hop fans, my nephew has just turned 13 and I'm looking for a present to get him, he said one of his favourites is ASAP Rocky. For his age bracket would ASAP Rocky CD's have the usual parents advisory sticker, would the content that said artist cover be too adult for a 13 year old. Just looking for a bit of advice seeing as this now would be the relevant hip hop thread. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Anyone having any luck getting tickets? I'm in a "queue".
    Is there any point to staying in this or is it better to keep refreshing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Left it running and it got through after about 15 mins and got my tickets! Good luck everyone. Hang in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

are they back on sale in Feb anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

I'd say they released fanny all weekend tickets (€199) in the hope of selling more 2day tickets at €159.

More profit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

Didn’t manage to get any. Does anyone know if any weekend tickets will go on sale again?

Advertisement