Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets Dublin Convention Centre 29 April 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 leobay

RayCon wrote: »

thanks for the link!!

why ticketmaster? because it's the only one, they manage 99% of the ticket in Ireland.

P.S. I have been to one of this shows, LOVE IT, if you are a truly Pink Floyd fan, you'll love!!

P.P.S. I'm going to buy for the convention center, I hope the acoustics will be good!! see you all there!!

sydthebeat wrote: »
    olympia has a capacity of 1250 people, with a standing section.

vicar st has a capacity of 1050 seated.

Auditorium in the Convention center is the next best option after that with 2000 seated and is a nice looking venue too....

Bord Gais would have been equally as good, with 2100 seated, and a lovely venue....

Agree, probabily the Bord Gais was the best venue in Dublin for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Back of the stall the way to go for me so I can see the stage show. And see Nick!

Max 9 tickets per transaction. For fúcks sake.

Thats potentially 222 transactions for a sellout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

sydthebeat wrote: »
    absolutely likely to sell out... us Irish are event junkies and nick is a living legend.... and its also very likely to be a fully seated gig.

the capacity depends on where in the convention center.
    id imagine it would in the auditorium which has about 2000 capacity.... though it could be in the forum on ground floor which has a 3000 capacity.

Ticketmaster has map showing the Auditorium as the venue.
    Going to sell fast.
    Wonder is there a chance of a second date.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Ticketmaster has map showing the Auditorium as the venue.
    Going to sell fast.
    Wonder is there a chance of a second date.

It's the first date of the tour, so, yes, why not, the day before!!
    Anyway, I hope that the venue will be good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Sorted!
    Stalls row BB :)
    86 quid all in

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Pricey at €86 but grabbed tickets. Last Floyd show I was at was Roger Waters gig in the Aviva, which was bloody fantastic. Roll on April. The Convention Centre could be really good for this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Stalls Row S ...... Set The Controls :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Four of us going, Stalls G. Happy enough with the price as it will probably be the last chance to see Nick live. Just hoping David doesn't play in the 3Arena on the same night :pac::pac::pac::pac:

^ :pac: .... I reckon there's no chance of that.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,968 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Got two, relatively painless

Easy peasy. Stalls Row F. Floating down, the sound resounds...

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭kegg

Got sorted too! Happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,360 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sorted in Galway too, 82 Euros, a bit hefty but something to look forward to. I'm row A seat 44 hopefully that's reasonable viewing. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Row BB as well.

I wonder if Roger will reciprocate as a guest, given Nick performed the Dark Side set back in the Marquee. Ok, I'm allowed a little dream :)

6-nick-mason-pink-floyd-best-actors.jpg

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Row BB as well.

I wonder if Roger will reciprocate as a guest, given Nick performed the Dark Side set back in the Marquee. Ok, I'm allowed a little dream :)

Lets hope the tour sells really poorly and as its the first night they'll bring Rodge out to boost sales.

Wouldn't be surprised if he added another Dublin date or perhaps a Belfast date too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭dasdog

Got two in the circle row S booked. Searched a while later and got end of row in the circle central block row T so booked them. Submitted a request to cancel the first two and they've confirmed the first booking cancellation already. My "elderly father" will have better access to enjoy the gig now :pac:

This should be a good one. Never been to the Convention Centre for a gig or otherwise.

dasdog wrote: »
    This should be a good one. Never been to the Convention Centre for a gig or otherwise.

Never been to a gig there myself. Lets hope they've a well ventilated smoking area.....

giphy.gif

Can you imagine how quick they would sell out if Pink Floyd's name was attached to the headline tag.

• Advertisement

Can you imagine how quick they would sell out if Pink Floyd's name was attached to the headline tag.

Thing is, Time and Breathe aside, I'd much rather see this than a Dave Gilmour gig.

The Nal wrote: »
    Thing is, Time and Breathe aside, I'd much rather see this than a Dave Gilmour gig.

Yeah as much as I like Gilmour and Waters the curious and mysterious Floyd is my bag too.

Yeah as much as I like Gilmour and Waters the curious and mysterious Floyd is my bag too.

The last Waters gig here was as good a gig as I've seen but DG on his own playing Rattle That Lock and a load of MOR tunes his missus wrote does nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I've seen Gilmour twice and both shows were incredible.
    I've also seen Waters seven times now, so this gig completes the Floyd trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

I've seen Dave three times the first was in the Stadium in 1984 and I would go again in an instant. The only thing that bugs me about him is he ignores the best music he has written which is his debut album, for me this is a classic album, About Face is decent enough but beyond that the rest are mediocre.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭kegg

Sorted in Galway too, 82 Euros, a bit hefty but something to look forward to. I'm row A seat 44 hopefully that's reasonable viewing. :)

Will be the best €82 you've ever spent!

Wouldn't be surprised if he added another Dublin date or perhaps a Belfast date too.

Unlikely, unless it's before the 29th as they play York on the 1st.

The Nal wrote: »
    The last Waters gig here was as good a gig as I've seen but DG on his own playing Rattle That Lock and a load of MOR tunes his missus wrote does nothing for me.

I hear you ... I'm not a massive fan of DG's solo stuff .. it's a little safe. But saw him in the Royal Albert Hall (6th row :cool:) May 06 for the On an Island Tour and mind was sufficiently blown .... then the following month saw Roger in the Marque in Cork - when Nick popped up for the DSoTM set and mind was absolutely blown.

In the space of 1 month got to see all members of Floyd live (with Syd being the obvious exception).

I hear you ... I'm not a massive fan of DG's solo stuff .. it's a little safe. But saw him in the Royal Albert Hall (6th row :cool:) May 06 for the On an Island Tour and mind was sufficiently blown .... then the following month saw Roger in the Marque in Cork - when Nick popped up for the DSoTM set and mind was absolutely blown.

In the space of 1 month got to see all members of Floyd live (with Syd being the obvious exception).

And Richard Wright, was lucky enough to see Gilmour's Floyd in Manchester in 1988 but have never seen Roger Waters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Stalls Row S ...... Set The Controls :cool:

Snap. See you there!!

Advertisement