Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

• 16-03-2006 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

I signed up for Irish Opinions a Paid Survey service a 6 months ago... the service seems like a bit of a scam... just to quote what they offer you:
    For every survey that you complete, your Irish Opinions account will be credited (typically with between €1 and €2). When your account balance reaches €10, we will reward you with a gift voucher for one of a range of well-known high street and Internet shops.

The scam seems to be the number of surveys they send you never reaches the €10 euro mark. Since I signed up I have only offered 4 surveys that made a total of €7.. Anyone else noticed this?
    Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

It is certainly a common scam tactic on these sort of sites to give you stuff to do until just under the payout rate. That said, I thought the site in question was meant to be reputable enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

I joined up a couple of months ago to this site. Got one survey to do which made me 1.50 euro, havent received anything else since.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Cr8or wrote:
    I signed up for Irish Opinions a Paid Survey service a 6 months ago... the service seems like a bit of a scam... just to quote what they offer you:

The scam seems to be the number of surveys they send you never reaches the €10 euro mark. Since I signed up I have only offered 4 surveys that made a total of €7.. Anyone else noticed this?

I joined about a year ago and get offered surveys at least once a month but they always say thanks but we have enough in your age range or other such nonesense:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

After about a year of participating I have €3.50 in rewards. I get offered 1-2 surveys every month, but I rarely meet the criteria. it's tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

The last 3 surveys I've been sent by them have all come back as 'sorry you not qualify' :(

I'm stuck at €8 the last 3 months as well and need one more survey for my 10euro amazon voucher which amazingly I never seem to qualify for:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I got a voucher for €20 from them before, I think I'd just completed
    2 surveys at the time. Most of the ones I get send now I either dont
    qualify or they have already reached the target participants.

My current balance is €3.00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭mel123

Well, i came to the conculsion that its a scam also. What i found happening to me a lot was i'd get a survey, answer say 5-10 questions, and THEN they would tell me 'sorry you dont qualify' etc etc. I believe the first questions they were asking were really what they wanted to know in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 davidegallazzi

I have registered with them about 1.5 years ago. At the beginning I was not receiving any survey, then the surveys start to come in. I got the first €10 voucher, after which the frequency of the surveys increased significantly.
    I completed a number of them, enough for a further €10 voucher. They never sent the second voucher, claiming all sort of lame excuses (system back logged, voucher lost in the mail, etc.). I too have came across surveys which would ask me a good few questions and then tell me that I was not qualifying for the survey. Even worse, I completed a survey and have never been given the reward.

I start to think that this website is a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Interesting this thread. I can't remember when I joined irish opinions but it seemed to have taken me years to get to 8.75. Then I seemed to stop qualifying for the surveys. I decided to make myself younger so as I had exited the magical <36 Age group. I finally got up to €10 there recently so I will take it and run. It was absolutely the hardest €10 I have ever earned (I still haven't got it yet - the last credit is still processing).

I would advise people to stay well clear. There are far easier ways of making a tenner. I would imagine a lot of people don't even ever get there either.

Saint_Mel wrote:
    I got a voucher for €20 from them before, I think I'd just completed 2 surveys at the time. Most of the ones I get send now I either dont
    qualify or they have already reached the target participants.

My current balance is €3.00

Forgot about this thread ... I'm up to €6.50 now with €2.25 pending!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'm up to €9 now, I can't remember how long I've been signed up to Irish Opinions. I've been getting a lot of surveys in the last few weeks. I usually get one or two every few weeks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

Had 3 10 euro vouchers from them, up to 3 quid on next one

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I did get one E10 voucher a while back and I am well on my way to a second. It' takes a while though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi

I started doing surveys early 2006, took me about 10 months with 8 surveys to get my 1st €10 voucher late 2006, since them I completed about 5 surveys, I completed a new survey last week for another €3 once they review it and add it to my account I will be able to get another €10 voucher.

So is not bad, they estimate how long each survey will take to complete, from that they pay depending on that is €1 for about 8 min. But they do take less to complete than what they estimate.

Regards

Up to €8.75 now with €1.50 pending so hopefully I'll get a voucher soon.

Although I was looking through the Reward History and it said I had not
    claimed any vouchers before ... even though I got €20 after the 1st Survey
    or 2 I did many moons ago!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It's not easy to get over the €10 mark IMO.
    I was stuck around €8.75 for a few months and was well P1ssed off.

Though I got a lot recently and am over the magic €10 now:D

But the whole answer 15 Q and then not qualifing does annoy me.
    I have sent many mails about this but no joy :(

there are Defo a lot of easier ways to earn a few quid

Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

mik_da_man wrote:
    It's not easy to get over the €10 mark IMO.
    I was stuck around €8.75 for a few months and was well P1ssed off.

Though I got a lot recently and am over the magic €10 now:D

But the whole answer 15 Q and then not qualifing does annoy me.
    I have sent many mails about this but no joy :(

there are Defo a lot of easier ways to earn a few quid

Mik

Yeah like work for 2 hours and you get cold hard cash, not vouchers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I joined about 6 months ago and now have a reward balance is €19.75.

I see no problems with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I have gotten lots of vouchers from them, if you log onto their website with your username you get to fill in details about yourself on different categories, so if you don't fill in the section lets say on mobile phones (to say that you have one) then they wont send you surveys related to mobiles, the odd
    one I get 'you are not qualified' but thats because they are looking for specific age groups for different surveys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I just got them to send out my first 10 euro voucher a few days ago, hasn't arrived yet though.

I used to work doing telephone market research, and the first few questions are "screen out questions". Each survey will have certain quotas assigned to it e.g. if they want 250 responses in total, maybe they want 50 in the age range 18-24, 50 in 25-30, 50 in 30-35 etc. As well as that the company will usually want to speak to e.g. 125 people who use their product, and 125 people who don't use their product. As well as that there's all sorts of other quotas such as they want to speak to people who use X and Y but not Z... Another common quota is the social status of the household, A, B, C1, C2, D, E or F.

It can be quite complex for each survey, so the first questions are just to see if you fit in to what they're looking for. It's not like someone suggested, that the first few Qs are the real info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 davidegallazzi

So has anyone else had the experience of having requetsed vouchers and never see then arriving? That' sis currently happening to me with a voucher bing requested in March 2007 and still have not landed in my post box. And when i send them email enquiring about the voucher i get all sorts of lame excuses.

Just done a survey there now on Car Insurance.
    Just 1 Question - Do you have insurance Y/N - €1.50

That should bring me over the €10 mark so I'll try
    claiming my voucher when the reward is credited

Saint_Mel wrote:
    Just done a survey there now on Car Insurance.
    Just 1 Question - Do you have insurance Y/N - €1.50

That should bring me over the €10 mark so I'll try
    claiming my voucher when the reward is credited
    Hi

I did the same yestrday and had more than 1 question. Did you answer Yes or No, Did you qualify to do the complete survey?

If you check in the in you account under Pending Credits: is it listed there?

Regards

nava wrote:
    Hi

I did the same yestrday and had more than 1 question. Did you answer Yes or No, Did you qualify to do the complete survey?

If you check in the in you account under Pending Credits: is it listed there?

Regards

I answered Yes and was then brought to the "What did you think of this survey screen". Reward is listed as pending in my account.

That's weird, I did that survey yesterday as well and was asked lots of Qs about windscreen repairs!

That's weird, I did that survey yesterday as well and was asked lots of Qs about windscreen repairs!

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

I requested a voucher to be sent out to me yesterday, says it takes 28 days so Ill be waiting!

I requested my 10 euro HMV voucher on the 18th of May, it arrived in today's post, yay :)

I recieved my €10 voucher today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

yep, got my €10 voucher in yesterdays post!!

Advertisement