Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage approved with one condition

• 09-08-2018 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, was hoping someone would have some advice on the issue I'm facing :)

So basically just been approved for a mortgage, it's a single mortgage. At the moment I am renting an apartment with my partner and one other person, however my name is not on the lease and the bank want a letter from the landlord saying the amount being paid etc. The bank can see the €600 coming out of my account every month for rent. So I am not sure how to proceed with this and what I should say to the bank? I really don't want them to withdraw the mortgage approval!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Rather odd condition, but I wonder are the bank looking for confirmation that you are in fact paying rent and not sending that money to someone else in payment of an undisclosed debt.

Can you not get the letter from the landlord?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Housing1234

The problem is that I'm not on the lease, I am subletting, so the landlord doesn't know anything about me (bad, I know but the rental market is crazy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

The problem is that I'm not on the lease, I am subletting, so the landlord doesn't know anything about me (bad, I know but the rental market is crazy!)

If you're subletting can you get a letter from the person you're subletting from to state you are paying them the €600. They could give a copy of their lease and perhaps a bank statement to show your money is hitting their account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Housing1234

KeithTS wrote: »
    If you're subletting can you get a letter from the person you're subletting from to state you are paying them the €600. They could give a copy of their lease and perhaps a bank statement to show your money is hitting their account?

That's a good idea, I might try that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Your landlord is the person you pay money to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

That's very odd. I am renting from my parents, so no lease or anything and they were happy with just seeing "rent" on the statements

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

Can i ask what bank this was it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

KeithTS wrote: »

+1

Get the current lease holder to type up something, or better yet, you type it up and get them to sign it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

We got approved by two banks and they never asked for this.

We transfer the money directly to our landlords account each month. They never asked for lease or letter.

Advertisement