Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4+any two games+€150 = PS Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Cannot access the Gamestop site at work, does anyone know when the deal is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

Plascebo wrote: »
    Cannot access the Gamestop site at work, does anyone know when the deal is over?

end of August

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pctrouble

Everywhere sold out of them apart from the West of Ireland I was just told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

sugarman wrote: »
    You can check the live stock online, but yeah everywhere bar Mayo and Sligo has been sold out for weeks now.

I got one in Tallaght there about 10 days ago, according to stock checker on their site they still have stock: https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=69784&variantType=New

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

I got one in balbriggan a week ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 daltronica

I've rung around most Dublin 'stops. Nothing. All saying ring in daily to check for new stock. The deal has been extended to for a few weeks, AFAIK, so hopefully that means more units incoming.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

daltronica wrote: »
    I've rung around most Dublin 'stops. Nothing. All saying ring in daily to check for new stock. The deal has been extended to for a few weeks, AFAIK, so hopefully that means more units incoming.

I was talking to them in my local and they rang nearly every store possible, the only store with stock of them is Letterkenny but all stores will have stock replenished in the next week or so I was told as they have acquired another batch of stock :D

There can't be enough people buying used original PS4 consoles to make shelling out the Pros for 100 quid worthwhile surely...

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

There can't be enough people buying used original PS4 consoles to make shelling out the Pros for 100 quid worthwhile surely...

guess the Pro's must not be selling as much as they would have liked.
    I think many people just dont want to buy Pro because they either dont have a 4K tv or dont consider it a worthwhile upgrade.

4real wrote: »
    guess the Pro's must not be selling as much as they would have liked.
    I think many people just dont want to buy Pro because they either dont have a 4K tv or dont consider it a worthwhile upgrade.

Yeah, I recently bought a 4K TV and was planning on upgrading the xbox first, but I kind of had to jump on this when I saw it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I've had a 4k tv for around two years and had no want to upgrade as I felt it was a lot to just get a pro, only ended up getting one because of this deal. My launch day ps4 and 100quid for a pro, yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 isotonicdrink

SeanHarty wrote: »
    I've had a 4k tv for around two years and had no want to upgrade as I felt it was a lot to just get a pro, only ended up getting one because of this deal. My launch day ps4 and 100quid for a pro, yes please!

Have you noticed a big jump in the quality of graphics between the standard ps4 and the pro?

Have you noticed a big jump in the quality of graphics between the standard ps4 and the pro?

I'll be 100% honest here and say not really to be honest.

I have seen a slight increase so happy enough with the price I got but would be unhappy if I paid the 400€.

I have read a lot of people saying there is and I think the main reason why I have yet to see it is the only game I've really played is fortnite and used it to watch Netflix. I'm sure if I bought a new game like Spiderman etc you would see a good difference.

I'll be 100% honest here and say not really to be honest.

I have seen a slight increase so happy enough with the price I got but would be unhappy if I paid the 400€.

I have read a lot of people saying there is and I think the main reason why I have yet to see it is the only game I've really played is fortnite and used it to watch Netflix. I'm sure if I bought a new game like Spiderman etc you would see a good difference.

Think PS4 games need to be specifically enhanced? Could be wrong there. The biggest difference I've come across is in framerate rather than resolution

I'm really not sure to be honest but your probably right.

Thinking of getting red dead so I'll know for sure then, defo worth the upgrade at this price though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I'm really not sure to be honest but your probably right.

Thinking of getting red dead so I'll know for sure then, defo worth the upgrade at this price though

I’d say the difference between standard and Pro consoles will be at its greatest for Red Dead 2 so well worth getting the Pro with that in mind.

I’m only using mine for Rocket League and 1080p supersampling, no visual differences whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads if there’s wear on the controller is there a fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Lads if there’s wear on the controller is there a fee?

€5 fee for the rubber split on one analog stick and a dent in the plastic part under your palm

• Good deal but I don’t see a reason why I’d need to upgrade I have a PS4 slim and it’s likely the ps5 will come out in 2019 no?

Good deal but I don’t see a reason why I’d need to upgrade I have a PS4 slim and it’s likely the ps5 will come out in 2019 no?

I don't think anyone is expecting it before 'holiday' 2020.

• Advertisement

• Asked the staff in limerick to hold the last one for me he said any two games will do I again said are you sure about any two and he said yes

**** it I’ll upgrade will be worth it for Spider-Man and tomb raider and I’m planning on getting crash and Spyro soon

Thanks OP €99 upgrade nice one

• Damn GameStop won’t take fifa back to CEX lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Good deal but I don’t see a reason why I’d need to upgrade I have a PS4 slim and it’s likely the ps5 will come out in 2019 no?

4k is the main benefit.

Don't expect the ps5 that soon to be honest.

• GameStop will take knowledge is power and singstar both are cheap but won’t take battleborn back to CEX one last time lol

Your doing for it Spider-Man 4K lol

CEX will think I’m a mad man 3rd time returning games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

Cheers OP, got this deal today .. traded in my launch day PS4 with 4 games, cost €82 all in including controller refurb charge .. great deal !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

sugarman wrote: »
    Where? Having awful trouble finding stock.. the online 'live' stock checker isnt updating in real time. Ive rang around for several days with no luck.

I got the last one in Newbridge, I found the Live checker accurate enough and just kept an eye for the last week until a nearby stores showed having stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads as Fortnite is a free game, what does the Fortnite pack in this consist of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Lads as Fortnite is a free game, what does the Fortnite pack in this consist of?

Some skins and in-game currency, haven't played the game though, I gave the code away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

One skin and 500 vbucks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Stock back in most stores around the country ;)

Advertisement