Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dyson V7 Motorhead Pro Cordless Cleaner - Refurb €194 + shipping @ Dyson Outlet Ebay

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Pacifico wrote: »
    Is that the only differences? Is the cleaning head on the v7 not larger?

Good comparison here
    https://spotlessvacuum.co.uk/cordless-vacuum-cleaners/dyson-v6-vs-v7/

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

What was wrong with the device in the first place if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

bmm wrote: »
    Do you register on the UK website or IE website ?

I registered on the Irish one. But only because that's where google brought me. Perhaps people are getting the 2 years on the UK website, so worth a try there I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

cronos wrote: »
    I registered on the Irish one. But only because that's where google brought me. Perhaps people are getting the 2 years on the UK website, so worth a try there I guess.

I registered on UK and got 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mine was basically brand new in the box

Its a customer returned it unopened probably, they only call it refurb so they can sell it cheap without putting the noses out of joint of Argos, Currys and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Anyone used Parcel motel for this as need a UK address

Ok ordered it and once delivered Parcel motel ring if to big for the box and you can collect it from their depot which is free or get it home delivered and cost to that

People still use Parcel Motel?

Parcel Wizzard from DPD is a far superior service.

Never once had issues with oversized packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

rob316 wrote: »
    Its a customer returned it unopened probably, they only call it refurb so they can sell it cheap without putting the noses out of joint of Argos, Currys and the like.

I think there are some legal reasons too, but i am not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Thanks to all in this thread. Got mine, opted for V7. Brand new out the box from what I can tell. DPD right to the door, delighted with it. Wonder how long the batteries on these last, if i get 3 years out of it I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Feck, forgot about this. Tried today but out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dinneenp wrote: »
    Feck, forgot about this. Tried today but out of stock.
    I wouldn't worry.. they pop up again every few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

hi,
    first of all thanks for the bargain alert, been dying to get one of these for ages.
    Went for a v6 , worked out at 134.99 sterling.
    Used my parcel motel address but when I checked the parcel force (uk courier) tracking today, it said " attempted delivery" and that a card was left to say what to do next.
    I am freaked out now , not sure who to contact?
    Obviously I can't collect at post office as its in the uk and parcel motel are hardly going to collect it?
    Strange that there was no one there on Saturday morning to sign for it as I have never had an issue before.
    Anybody have this happen to them?
    Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Just got mine in Ebay, thanks OP!

sham69 wrote: »
    Used my parcel motel address but when I checked the parcel force (uk courier) tracking today, it said " attempted delivery" and that a card was left to say what to do next.
    I am freaked out now , not sure who to contact?
    Obviously I can't collect at post office as its in the uk and parcel motel are hardly going to collect it?
    Contact ParcelMotel.. there should have been someone always there to take it from courier. I wouldn't worry too much. I'd say you'll get it sorted with a call.

Basq wrote: »
    Contact ParcelMotel.. there should have been someone always there to take it from courier. I wouldn't worry too much. I'd say you'll get it sorted with a call.

Thanks Basq,
    I'm just worried as it seems that parcel force don't attempt redelivery. Collect at post office or send to a different address are only options on their site. May have to pay to get it sent to another address ( might try addresspal this time)
    I have emailed parcel force and parcel motel and will see what they say.
    Thanks again.
    Sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Genius2013

sham69 wrote: »
    Thanks Basq,
    I'm just worried as it seems that parcel force don't attempt redelivery. Collect at post office or send to a different address are only options on their site. May have to pay to get it sent to another address ( might try addresspal this time)
    I have emailed parcel force and parcel motel and will see what they say.
    Thanks again.
    Sham.

How much will Parcel Mote/Address Pal cost to bring that size of package to Ireland?

Genius2013 wrote: »
    How much will Parcel Mote/Address Pal cost to bring that size of package to Ireland?

I think parcel motel are 7 euro..
    Not sure about addresspal as I've only used it for smaller items

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Just got my confirmation from Address Pal, E6.99

Not bad at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

bit the bullet on this today. hoping it works out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

DPD Parcel wizard is €3.85 and no issues with a parcel that size. I just ordered another one for family member :)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Whipping Boy

I see this is currently £179.99. Is it likely to drop again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I see this is currently £179.99. Is it likely to drop again?

The V6 is £135 and the difference between both models listed below. The main difference is 20mins vs 30mins usage time.

rbJtb7B.jpg

^ The no-touch emptying looks like a definite plus based on videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭micks_address

The V6 is £135 and the difference between both models listed below. The main difference is 20mins vs 30mins usage time.

rbJtb7B.jpg

I think the v7 has better suction than v6? It's basically like v8 with shorter battery life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Do they come with the mount for the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

jenno86 wrote: »
    Do they come with the mount for the wall?

v7 did anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

just to say i ordered this. got it very quick through addresspal (delivered on a saturday morning at 9am).

Device/box was brand new. From what I could see. All stickers etc on it. Very happy with it. I upgraded from the DC44.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Gabico

For anyone still interested in this, there is a 20% off ebay workaround posted on hukd: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/20-off-almost-everything-uk-ebay-using-us-discount-now-live-2950568
    Which brings this to 165E+PW charges.

Advertisement