Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭padair

Some messing about this evening

https://youtu.be/N_QNJuuJcVM

Anyone know some software for video editing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

padair wrote: »

Looking good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

digitaldr wrote: »
    I've been lurking here for weeks with the intention of buying the Xiaomi but actually just bought a Mavic Air. Even though it's more expensive couldn't pass it up at the current price (black only) on amazon.it - grab it while you can:

I have an Education 10% discount to use on DJI, still no mavic air option up, if that amazon price goes sub 700 again, I would love to take it. Can you let us know your experience, plugs,manauals, issues etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Will do. Due to arrive 22-25th of May

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Only used mine once since I got it 6 months ago, was impressed with the quality but kind of regret buying it as theres not many places you can fly it and it brings a lot of attention from people and im an introvert lol. Might bang it on adverts

• Advertisement

Only used mine once since I got it 6 months ago, was impressed with the quality but kind of regret buying it as theres not many places you can fly it and it brings a lot of attention from people and im an introvert lol. Might bang it on adverts

It's not exactly a spy drone ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If selling give me a shout and Imight buy

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Drop me a PM if you're considering selling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Shefwedfan wrote:

My mate at work has one for sale. Flown once for 10 minutes. He lives near Dublin airport, so is in a no fly zone and can't fly in his garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

tedpan wrote: »
    My mate at work has one for sale. Flown once for 10 minutes. He lives near Dublin airport, so is in a no fly zone and can't fly in his garden.

100? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I was watching that thinking ‘that’s very like Coravaddy’ and it was. I live 3km from there on the Drumkeen side.

What’s the range with it?

I was watching that thinking ‘that’s very like Coravaddy’ and it was. I live 3km from there on the Drumkeen side.

What’s the range with it?

I haven't tested the range yet. I have went 500 meters so far but should be able to go mile maybe more

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Shefwedfan wrote:

Has he got it listed anywhere?

Has he got it listed anywhere?

Any recommendations on software to edit videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

I use shotcut, it's free and easy to use I find. I'm no pro but I find it great to work with...

Lanshane wrote: »
    I use shotcut, it's free and easy to use I find. I'm no pro but I find it great to work with...

Video off first days test flight

https://youtu.be/6LSlosnTviw

Bit long, haven't totally got the hang of video editing software but will get there

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

Nice clip ...
    I miss my drone ... boooo
    Must get another soon

RonTon wrote: »
    Nice clip ...
    I miss my drone ... boooo
    Must get another soon

What happened yours?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

padair wrote:
    Video off first days test flight

Class. Where's that?

Class. Where's that?

Donegal town, over beside rubgy club

• Advertisement

What happened yours?

I had a flyaway , lost connection,bloody thing kept going and didn’t return to home ,never found it after looking for it for a few days :eek:

I had a flyaway , lost connection,bloody thing kept going and didn’t return to home ,never found it after looking for it for a few days :eek:

Oouch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 spiller9020

I was asking this question too not so long ago and found most good quality drone videos edits where composed using Adobe Premier Pro. It definitely makes a huge difference to your drone videos. Took me a week or two to get the hang of the software but there is plenty of video tutorials on YouTube. This was my first attempt using the software down in Connemara. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g701YG-cbs&t=4s

I was asking this question too not so long ago and found most good quality drone videos edits where composed using Adobe Premier Pro. It definitely makes a huge difference to your drone videos. Took me a week or two to get the hang of the software but there is plenty of video tutorials on YouTube. This was my first attempt using the software down in Connemara. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g701YG-cbs&t=4s

Wow!!
    What did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 spiller9020

Adobe Premier Pro!! Looks complicated at first but if you stick with it you will get some great results. YouTube tutorials were great for video tips and advice on achieving certain looks, i am by no means an expert yet and have a long way to go to master this software. Hope this helps :)

Adobe Premier Pro!! Looks complicated at first but if you stick with it you will get some great results. YouTube tutorials were great for video tips and advice on achieving certain looks, i am by no means an expert yet and have a long way to go to master this software. Hope this helps :)

Ah ok, Adobe premiere pro also has monthly charge to boot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Ah ok, Adobe premiere pro also has monthly charge to boot :(

I'm sure an older version like CS6 that is no subscription could be found cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Don't they have a find my drone feature built into the app?

I've thankfully never had to use mine in a real life scenario, but within my dji app, there's a feature to find the last known location of the drone, and its fairly accurate, like down to a foot or so accuracy?

Don't they have a find my drone feature built into the app?

I've thankfully never had to use mine in a real life scenario, but within my dji app, there's a feature to find the last known location of the drone, and its fairly accurate, like down to a foot or so accuracy?

I had last known location but it disconnected from controller , I had it up high nearly directly over my head and it kept going in last direction,nothing I could do but watch it go ,I tried to keep sight of it but it was a sunny cold morning ,spent 2 days looking for it but no luck ,battery was full so it could have traveled long way...
    As I said earlier on in thread, I should have printed phone number on it or used a tracker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Just about to buy this now! Does anyone have a preferred shipping warehouse? Am I better off shipping from Europe? Also there is two Europe flags? Which one should I be choosing?

It was coming in at €446 from European warehouse with DHL shipping. Appreciate any advice!

Advertisement