Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Just made a quick peak time landline call via Viber out and the total cost was 3 cent so very happy

The same call on three would cost about a euro

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Can you use three call credit with Viber?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

tv3tg4 wrote: »

Yes, they charge you 10% extra when you buy Viber credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

tv3tg4 wrote:

The answer is literally one page ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kujaultima

I'm using coingate to convert to crypto. Approx 35 euro worth of credit gives you 30 euro of btc/ltc/eth.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭beardo81

kujaultima wrote: »
    I'm using coingate to convert to crypto. Approx 35 euro worth of credit gives you 30 euro of btc/ltc/eth.

These guys reliable? Not great reviews in places online.

How do you buy with your credit from then?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kujaultima

beardo81 wrote: »

I've only used them once so far. They get you to call them on a premium number and then they charge you €2.95 a minute. So for 30 euro they get you to stay in the line for 10 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

kujaultima wrote: »
    I've only used them once so far. They get you to call them on a premium number and then they charge you €2.95 a minute. So for 30 euro they get you to stay in the line for 10 mins.
    And has it all gone through?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

Does Vodafone support carrier billing for Dropbox or Office 365, or is that only for Three?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

beardo81 wrote: »

I'm giving them a go today seeing as I have basically no interest in spending the credit on anything else. Only option is to phone a number for about 10 minutes which claims you'll get €30 in the coin of your choice.

I had €44.88 before the call and €9.30 after. It's automatic so it did hang up itself. Transactions can take up to 24 hours to be completed so I'm still waiting on them to see how much of the €30 I'll get. I'm sending it straight to Coinbase to cash out on it since I already have a bit of ETH anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

roddy15 wrote: »
    I'm giving them a go today seeing as I have basically no interest in spending the credit on anything else. Only option is to phone a number for about 10 minutes which claims you'll get €30 in the coin of your choice.

I had €44.88 before the call and €9.30 after. It's automatic so it did hang up itself. Transactions can take up to 24 hours to be completed so I'm still waiting on them to see how much of the €30 I'll get. I'm sending it straight to Coinbase to cash out on it since I already have a bit of ETH anyway.

I set up an account but it does not allow me to withdraw to coinbace?
    I must be a merchant? Did I screw it up?

brokenarms wrote: »
    I set up an account but it does not allow me to withdraw to coinbace?
    I must be a merchant? Did I screw it up?

I verified as a trader and in payout settings added the ethereum address that coinbase gave me.

I still haven't actually been given the ETH from the transaction so don't know if what I did is right either though.

Quick update then to the whole credit to crypto.

So the transaction was completed today so a wait time of two days.

The call cost me €35.58 for an amount of "€30", today I got approx 0.02ETH which has a current market value of €14.06. So ultimately I lost about €21.52 of credit to get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

The call cost me €35.58 for an amount of "€30", today I got approx 0.02ETH which has a current market value of €14.06. So ultimately I lost about €21.52 of credit to get this.

lol..

Look what you get for 35 euro in BTC

Payout Information
    After successful payment, you will receive approx. 0.001898 BTC.

Thats about 13.50 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Out of curiosity what pre pay plans are you all on? I seem to run out of credit all the time, I need to get on one of these plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Meh. Its still money you probably wouldn't have utilised

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Out of curiosity what pre pay plans are you all on? I seem to run out of credit all the time, I need to get on one of these plans!

Three 28 days top up by 20 for unlimited Internet

I ring everyone on viber or watsapp, thanks to this thread I buy viber credit to ring landlines

Meh. Its still money you probably wouldn't have utilised

Agreed, will probably do it when I have no other use for credit, after all the fees to get it from the exchange to the bank you'd be looking at around €12 for me anyway (I have to put it through a complicated process because the name on my account is different to my legal name) but that's over €120 recouped in a year that you normally wouldn't see back. If some sort of game credit purchase system was still in place that would be ideal, just sell the codes and from what I saw there was less taken off in fees.

Three's PAYG plan with "all you can eat data." I only need the data so never use it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

You can buy Google storage (this is for Gmail, Google Photos, Google Drive etc.) monthly, not able to use it for the discounted annual rates though

I think you can use it on carzone.ie too if you want to sell your car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Daisychain40

For those of you with kids (or without :-)), i got a Disney app - 'Watch Disney movies & tv shows' and its 6.99 monthly charge with my phone credit
    App; DisneyLife

• Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have bought lots in the past but now I am getting a "You device is not provision for carrier billing. Contact your mobile operator."

Spent half an hour on live chat & lost the will to live. Anyone else have the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Discodog wrote: »
    I have bought lots in the past but now I am getting a "You device is not provision for carrier billing. Contact your mobile operator."

Spent half an hour on live chat & lost the will to live. Anyone else have the same problem.

I did, I just removed it and added it again. I shave a dual SIM phone so it kept trying to use the other number, I had to disable that sim for the number I wanted to use to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I did, I just removed it and added it again. I shave a dual SIM phone so it kept trying to use the other number, I had to disable that sim for the number I wanted to use to register.

How did you add it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

How did you add it ?

In the play store.
    Account, payment methods, down near the bottom.

To remove it tapping more payment settings on the bottom will open a webpage you can do it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

It's the "Use 3 billing" near the bottom. The following shows an example when I changed it for Google Music recently after porting to Three.

0pXx6No.png

The top of the page shows the obsolete carrier billings from the temporary SIM #s of my previous portings over the years - O2 to Three, Eir, Vodafone and now back to Three. When I previously had a dual SIM phone with two SIMs, I periodically had to redo this with the second SIM temporarily removed, like /\/ollog mentioned. The carrier billing would fail if the second SIM was set as default for data.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

For some reason on mine when choosing the options there are 2 for Three. One is my mobile number and one just says Three. It only works when I select 'Three'.

As in the picture above. I couldn't remember the exact wording.

I used some credit to rent The Justice League on the Play Store. Can watch it through the PS4 or Chromecast on the big tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Has anyone been able to buy viber out credit with three phone credit on iOS?

Everytime i select to buy it on the app for €10.99 it goes to the app store to use my credit card but nothing for selecting phone credit. Maybe only android.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

sugarman wrote: »
    You can always pop your sim into an Android phone, purchase the credit and then stick it back in your iPhone.

And that i might do :D,

When you guys call others on the viber app, Does it say your ringing from the mobile number or a another number. Don't wanna be calling others that looks like im calling with money from nigeria. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    And that i might do :D,

When you guys call others on the viber app, Does it say your ringing from the mobile number or a another number. Don't wanna be calling others that looks like im calling with money from nigeria. :rolleyes:

Your normal number shows up at the other end.

Advertisement