Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lenovo tab 4 8 plus €119

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Corca Baiscinn

Glad you're all delighted with your tablets. I'm on the lookout for one myself but would prefer a 10" so didn't plump for this one. Could the OP or any of the rest of you recommend a 10" or should I post somewhere else? No gaming, want internet/you tube/ decent interval between recharges

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Glad you're all delighted with your tablets. I'm on the lookout for one myself but would prefer a 10" so didn't plump for this one. Could the OP or any of the rest of you recommend a 10" or should I post somewhere else? No gaming, want internet/you tube/ decent interval between recharges

There is a 10" version of the Lenovo on their website!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Have a look at the M3 lite in Harvey Norman. 280 I think. Looks good

I bought the M5 on Amazon it for 320 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Corca Baiscinn

ianob7 wrote: »
    Have a look at the M3 lite in Harvey Norman. 280 I think. Looks good

I bought the M5 on Amazon it for 320 yesterday

Will do thanks, re buying on Amazon it would that mean a differently configurated keyboard? You know the way German keyboards for eg aren't querty so some letters in different places

IS M5 also Lenovo?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Will do thanks, re buying on Amazon it would that mean a differently configurated keyboard? You know the way German keyboards for eg aren't querty so some letters in different places

IS M5 also Lenovo?

M3 lite and M5 both Huawei !

Nope they'll be all the same whereby you pick your region and keyboard on setup of the device

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

Been using mine and love it. A little bit of light is getting through the edge of my bezel which is a bit annoying. Thinking of calling them tomorrow to see if I can get it exchanged. Maybe I'm taking a bit too much notice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I just went onto the lenevo site & it’s saying the tablet is available to buy.

My order hasn’t shipped because they say it’s gone into backorder! Is that normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    I just went onto the lenevo site & it’s saying the tablet is available to buy.

My order hasn’t shipped because they say it’s gone into backorder! Is that normal?

I haven't received my order either. Now when I go to the link to "look up" order, site can't be reached.

Anywhere else I can try and track status?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Happy4all wrote: »
    I haven't received my order either. Now when I go to the link to "look up" order, site can't be reached.

Anywhere else I can try and track status?

same here

maybe a run on underpriced tablets has em folded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

same here

maybe tomorrow

same here

I have an email from them saying it will ship when it’s no longer in backorder. How can it be in backorder if I can buy it on their site?

I have an email from them saying it will ship when it’s no longer in backorder. How can it be in backorder if I can buy it on their site?

ive no such mail at all!

ive no such mail at all!

I emailed them during the week you see. They replied saying what I said above.

How can they just cancel the order after telling me they’d ship it?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

On support.lenovo.com. If you have an account set up, there is an option to view your products. You will need to add your tablet first. When your devices are listed the warranty information is displayed too, along with a link to correct the warranty information. This is going from memory, so not exact steps, but I hope its enough to get you started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Boradriver wrote:
    Been using mine and love it. A little bit of light is getting through the edge of my bezel which is a bit annoying. Thinking of calling them tomorrow to see if I can get it exchanged. Maybe I'm taking a bit too much notice though.

Thats faulty alright...edge bleeding and looks awful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

Yeah, I noticed it looked worse tonight when the screen brightness was high. I'll have to call them tomorrow. Pity because it's a great device otherwise.

Hopefully they'll just exchange it.
    Thats faulty alright...edge bleeding and looks awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spott

I emailed them during the week you see. They replied saying what I said above.

How can they just cancel the order after telling me they’d ship it?

Is your order cancelled?? Mine still says 'in progress'.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

Mine was on backorder also.

It arrived to the house this morning without any status update.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Mine just arrived!!
    30nk93d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hoping to get mine by end-of-day, which UPS seem to be indicating.

Looking up some viable cases in the meantime.

Have a spare 16GB microSD banging around so that should do along with the 64GB on it.

spott wrote: »
    Is your order cancelled?? Mine still says 'in progress'.

Yesterday the page wouldn’t load. Thought they might of cancelled the order. It’s back up there today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

blade1 wrote: »

Let the updates commence! :D

I can't get over how premium the build feel is for €97 ex vat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

is there a limit to sd card size it can take?

we're loading it up with series and films for heading on hols.. i can set a 128gb as portable storage grand. Problem is when i go to download, my app saves to internal storage. So i tried mounting the card as internal storage, and the formatting hangs at 20%.......

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Peatys wrote: »
    is there a limit to sd card size it can take?

we're loading it up with series and films for heading on hols.. i can set a 128gb as portable storage grand. Problem is when i go to download, my app saves to internal storage. So i tried mounting the card as internal storage, and the formatting hangs at 20%.......

any ideas?

Doesn't look good for SD cards...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Android-based-Tablets-and/Lenovo-Tab-4-8-plus-major-issue-micro-SD-corruption/td-p/3800093

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

I registered my new Tablet on Lenovos website using the serial number and its showing 90 days warranty surely it should be 365 days ?
    Anyone else register?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

I registered my new Tablet on Lenovos website using the serial number and its showing 90 days warranty surely it should be 365 days ?
    Anyone else register?
    Yeah, it's been mentioned. Pop them an email and they'll amend it I think.

Mine was sitting in the porch when I came home today. Those lads in customer care clearly have no idea what’s going on.

• Advertisement

Worse I saw was a certain courier (which shall remain unnnamed) put my package under the lid of my recycling wheelie bin, and put a note in the letterbox. I'm just glad I found the note! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement