Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

5 Burner BBQ €213 Homestore & More

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=8955

Lidl selling this next week. How does it stack up compared to the HS&M ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Charlie19 wrote: »
    First winter it was stored in the shed but since then neglect has crept in and its been left out and there is still no signs of any rust.
    Brothers had the full stainless one for about 9 years gets a huge amount of use newflame tamers every two years, new burner assembly every 3-4 both available on aliexpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Peckham wrote: »
    Note that the BBQ uses propane. Not sure how common this is, as my previous one used butane. Woodies were sold out of it yesterday evening when I discovered this. Had to borrow some to get up and running!

Realised this myself after landing home with some butane. Most shops were sold out of propane at 7:30pm last night when I went looking for it but managed to get the last bottle in one of the shops. Also most of the people working in the shops didn't realise patio gas is propane so they said they didn't sell propane when I asked about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭slegs

Got thit 400 on a Sat am. Fiddly to setup but a great bit of kit when setup. Got two outings over the weekend and was well impressed with it. Exceptional value for 200eur. It’s pretty solid for something so cheap. The accessories in HS&M great value too including a good cover at 17eur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Peckham wrote: »
    Note that the BBQ uses propane. Not sure how common this is, as my previous one used butane. Woodies were sold out of it yesterday evening when I discovered this. Had to borrow some to get up and running!
    I picked up the 2 burner model (€120), and the instruction manual suggests that either propane or butane can be used, but I'd imagine you'd need an adapter to fit a a butane cylinder.

Also picked up the deluxe BBQ cover, which seems to be a really good product for the price. The cleaning brush for €2 however, is unlikely to survive until next weekend. Also picked up a cast-iron cooking grate (as the one that comes with the 2 burner is pretty flimsy. It's a good product but pretty narrow (two of them side by side would be a good solution, but the 2 burner is not large enough).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/wigig-7/master-cook-platinum-600-bbq-6-burner/055912.html?cgid=wigig-7

Anyone able to offer an opinion on the platinum?

Nearly twice the price at 425 compared to 275. Looks to be much sturdier and chrome plated.

Anyone think it is worth the extra price? Think it would last a lot longer?

Or is it just much better value to go to the conoissor 6 burner?

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/wigig-7/master-cook-platinum-600-bbq-6-burner/055912.html?cgid=wigig-7

Anyone able to offer an opinion on the platinum?

Nearly twice the price at 425 compared to 275. Looks to be much sturdier and chrome plated.

Anyone think it is worth the extra price? Think it would last a lot longer?

Or is it just much better value to go to the conoissor 6 burner?

I bought the connoisseur 6 burner, I had a look at the platinum one and while it felt a bit better made if I was to spend that money on a BBQ I actually would have spent a bit more and gone somewhere else and gotten a much better made one.

It in no way felt like it was worth twice the amount of the connoisseur.

I think €275 is a great price for the connoisseur 6 burner. I wouldn't have bought it at the artificial 100% price but for €275 I felt it wasn't much a a risk, even if I only got 1-2 summers out of it. According to people in this thread I should get longer out of it too, with some proper maintenance and care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Picked up the 600 one today for €275. They have about 10 left in Wexford even though when you check online it says sold out.

Did anyone get a cover with theirs, and if no which cover would you recommend please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Picked up the 600 one today for €275. They have about 10 left in Wexford even though when you check online it says sold out.

Did anyone get a cover with theirs, and if no which cover would you recommend please.

My experience of actual bbq covers is don’t bother your arse with them.

Just go to woodies and get a big sheet of tarpaulin with holes around the bottom to put rope through to tie it all up.

It’s more awkward but a lot cheaper and tends to be stronger material imo.

Had a look at these bbqs today. They look good especially for the price. Only downside in my eyes is the grill isn’t cast iron.

• Advertisement

I cannot for the life of me disconnect the Gas bottle from this. It’s the Patio Gas one, so it’s different to the yellow gas bottle. Has tried to turn it anti clockwise as the instructions say but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

I cannot for the life of me disconnect the Gas bottle from this. It’s the Patio Gas one, so it’s different to the yellow gas bottle. Has tried to turn it anti clockwise as the instructions say but no joy.

Is there a flush pushin button on the head???? You have to look close.....it's built into the head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Depends on the regulator you have but mine you have to pull a red tab towards you before turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Depends on the regulator you have but mine you have to pull a red tab towards you before turning.

If it's a propane regulator with a black twist handle tag has red fire on one side and a green rectangle on the other then you push in the handle itself

Cheers lads. Had to YouTube it. You must in the little switch to turn the gas on and off. The instructions just say to turn it anti clock wise. You could be turning there all night and it still wouldn’t come off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

If anyone is still in the market, I picked up one of these in Homebase (Santry) over the weekend;
    https://www.homebase.co.uk/outback-apollo-4-burner-gas-bbq-red_p487668

It's €270, "reduced" from €470, so it's in the same range as the Homestore bbqs but more solid - enamelled steel hood, cast iron grates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

looks good, how does it cook though? Most of the cheap ones have too many vents to get proper heat retention, the webbers have just one vent across the back, but obviously mad prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I was looking at the H&M bbqs but decided to spend a little more.

I'm in Co louth so a trip north is not an issue for me.

This looks like the best value for a Weber that I can find. Does anyone know much about these and if this is a fair price? Thanks as I've never had a gas bbq before.

https://www.hillmount.co.uk/barbecues/weber-gas-barbecues/weber-reg-spirit-reg-classic-e-310.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

PGE1970 wrote: »

This looks like the best value for a Weber that I can find. Does anyone know much about these and if this is a fair price? Thanks as I've never had a gas bbq before.

https://www.hillmount.co.uk/barbecues/weber-gas-barbecues/weber-reg-spirit-reg-classic-e-310.html

you'd be mad to spend that on a BBQ unless you plan to use it for all your meals including the cornflakes

I won't be doing cornflakes on them!!

I was going to go for the 4 burner in H&M. However, I read some views that they have a shelf like of 3/4 years because of build quality.

The Weber is clearly more expensive but has a very long warranty and seems to be last over twice as long?

I wouldn't be using it every week as, obviously, we don't have the weather for it.

Maybe the H&M is more suited even if I have to replace it sooner.

I really don't know as I've never had a gas bbq previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 liamda

If anyone is still in the market, I picked up one of these in Homebase (Santry) over the weekend;

It's €270, "reduced" from €470, so it's in the same range as the Homestore bbqs but more solid - enamelled steel hood, cast iron grates etc.

I want to buy this Apollo 4 burner model but each Homebase store have different prices. Can you confirm you paid 270 as I can go there tomorrow.

I saw this weber in the main BBQ thread, if that's what you're looking for

https://www.woodies.ie/specials/garden-and-outdoor/weber-q-2200-grill-with-stand-gas-bbq-black-1104767

Bit smaller but is a weber

looks good, how does it cook though? Most of the cheap ones have too many vents to get proper heat retention, the webbers have just one vent across the back, but obviously mad prices

Used it yesterday and Cooked Steak, Lamb, Chicken and Sausages on it. All cooked perfectly . I’ve the 6 burner one and there was great heat off it. Didn’t have all the burners on though .

Bought a smoker for it too and used that and it was very good too.

Over all I am delighted with it. It’s quiet heavy too.

I've the six burner one too, can't fault it. So much that I bought another 5 of them today

liamda wrote: »
    I want to buy this Apollo 4 burner model but each Homebase store have different prices. Can you confirm you paid 270 as I can go there tomorrow.

Was actually 284 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 18 liamda

Ok thanks €362 in Homebase Nutgrove.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

50 cheaper from here but it doesn't include the cover

edit: Nevermind I just realised that you linked the 310 which is cheaper from hillmount.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I just pulled the trigger on the connesiur 600.
    Planning on adding high temp hammerite to the gas fittings and any other likely rust spots during the assembly.
    The double wall hood s a big plus for me as it will allow great hood down heat retention.
    A lot of what I'll be doing with it is low and slow rather than straight grilling, looking forward to getting it into action over the summer.

Have you used that one yet? It's €270 in Drogheda (but £200stg up North!!). I had a look in Drogheda last night and it looks good. The grate and plate seems to be enamel covered cast iron? I went over to Homestore & More after Homebase and the Outback seemed a better product?

I also saw this one there too. Would anyone have any views on it - €340 here but only £250stg up North

https://www.homebase.co.uk/jumbuck-stardom-4-burner-gas-bbq-with-side-burner_p405805

• Advertisement

Have you used that one yet? It's €270 in Drogheda (but £200stg up North!!). I had a look in Drogheda last night and it looks good. The grate and plate seems to be enamel covered cast iron? I went over to Homestore & More after Homebase and the Outback seemed a better product?

I also saw this one there too. Would anyone have any views on it - €340 here but only £250stg up North

https://www.homebase.co.uk/jumbuck-stardom-4-burner-gas-bbq-with-side-burner_p405805

Yep, used it last weekend, very happy with it. Grate is indeed cast iron, very heavy.

I think the Outback is the better product but I see that it's gone back to £350 (stg) on the Homebase UK website, so it may not be on offer in the Irish stores anymore.

I kicked the tyres on the Jumbuck too, thought the quality was more in line with the Homestore versions (no cast iron grates, not much weight in the hood)

Advertisement