Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wsop % sale

• 15-05-2008 6:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Alan Kelleher(Big Al)

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=1160

Alan is going to vegas for the world series.He is going to play 12 events.He is selling 40% of himself.If anyone is interested @ 300euro for 1%.
    Events he is planning to play:

event 7 june 4 2000nlhe
    event 13 june 7 2500nlhe
    event19 jun10 1500plo
    event23 jun12 2000nlhe
    event27 jun14 1500nlhe
    event32 jun17 1500nlhe
    event36 jun19 1500nlhe
    event39 jun21 1500nlhe
    event44 jun25 1000nlhe w/rb(2)
    event48 jun27 2000nlhe
    event52 jun30 1500nlhe
    main event july4 10000nlhe

300 euro for an interest inthe world series for the month
    Contact alan at 087-7618513 or leave name and number and Alan will contact you.

2008 results include a win in the macau league final for 9k.a CPT win and the macau main event sattelite for the world series main event for $12,500.
    17% already sold so 23% left.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Im pretty sure valor will take a few %.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    Alan Kelleher(Big Al)

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=1160

Alan is going to vegas for the world series.He is going to play 12 events.He is selling 40% of himself.If anyone is interested @ 300euro for 1%.
    Events he is planning to play:

event 7 june 4 2000nlhe
    event 13 june 7 2500nlhe
    event19 jun10 1500plo
    event23 jun12 2000nlhe
    event27 jun14 1500nlhe
    event32 jun17 1500nlhe
    event36 jun19 1500nlhe
    event39 jun21 1500nlhe
    event44 jun25 1000nlhe w/rb(2)
    event48 jun27 2000nlhe
    event52 jun30 1500nlhe
    main event july4 10000nlhe

Contact alan at 087-7618513 or leave name and number and Alan will contact you.

2008 results include a win in the macau league final for 9k.a CPT win and the macau main event sattelite for the world series main event for $12,500.
    17% already sold so 23% left.

all them events come to $30,500 and at €300 for 1% he'll be getting $18,500 for 40%. looks like a nice way to freeroll $6,500

sham imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Hawk Eye wrote: »
    all them events come to $30,500 and at €300 for 1% he'll be getting $18,500 for 40%. looks like a nice way to freeroll $6,500

sham imo

Apologies $ €

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Hawk Eye wrote: »

sham imo

LOL simple arithmetic FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Killme00 wrote: »
    GO BACK TO SCHOOL

WHY? €12,000 = $18,500

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

GO BACK TO SCHOOL

:confused:do i have an error in my calculatioins?

he should be selling at $300 @ 1% upto 40%=$12000 not $18500

Im a tool who is blind and didnt see €300..i saw $300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Im a tool who is blind and didnt see €300..i saw $300

+17 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think it was pretty obvious that it was $300 and not €300, would of been easier to just mention it, instead of underhand/smart comments. I don't know alan, but best of luck with this,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

could this extra be taken reg's into consideration?? havnt done the sums myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Sirtoyou wrote: »

@ 300euro for 1%.

Mellor wrote: »
    I think it was pretty obvious that it was $300 and not €300, would of been easier to just mention it, instead of underhand/smart comments. I don't know alan, but best of luck with this,

Seriously doesnt look like it, but its fair enough to charge a bit extra taking travel and expenses into account, hes put the offer out there its up to people to decide wheter they think its a good deal or not.
    semibluff wrote: »
    could this extra be taken reg's into consideration?? havnt done the sums myself

No, the wsop take a % from the prizepool.

Mellor wrote: »

:pac:

I was referring to Hawkeyes post and not the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

you can probably count dagunman in for a few %, he thinks very highly of Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Firstly I am not Alan.
    Secondly I transcribed word for word from the sheet he has in circulation.
    300 uero is the correct figure.
    I am not sure what this covers as regards expenses etc.

I'm not sure of his popularity (not sure if the posts of interest are sarcastic).
    All I can say is he is a proven tournament player on top of his game at the moment and running like God.He had 4 cashes in vegas last year including 2 wsop events and 2 bellagio events.
    I think this player is well capable of giving you a very exciting run for your money.I dont think he will have any problem selling his action but I offered to put his offer up on boards so that people on here could invest in a good horsie if they wished to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

all I can say is lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

LOL 6500 overlay for expenses?

All I can say is Im going to party with Big Al over there, coke and hookers on the boards backers ftw!

don't expect this means he'll be buying drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Nah he'll ask you if you want one and then leave you with the bill for the whole round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

Wonder if hell be playing his tourney chips from his pocket like the cash games..

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Really wish 'ye all' would stop the hookers and coke jokes everytime there's a mention of Vegas....The Missus is starting to look at me all weirdlike....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

valor wrote: »
    Nah he'll ask you if you want one and then leave you with the bill for the whole round

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Russh wrote: »
    Really wish 'ye all' would stop the hookers and coke jokes everytime there's a mention of Vegas....The Missus is starting to look at me all weirdlike....:(

Whos joking?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

mdwexford wrote: »
    Whos joking?? :confused:

LOL....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

al is going over on the 1st june staying till 20th july and with flights living expences plus entrys to touries he puts it at 30k total for time there and hence 300 euro per 1%.

now i hope people that would take a % of al do not think he has to pay everything else himself .

al has already sold 17% of himself and will sell the rest i think and it was nice of sirtoyou to post it here and give the boards guys the chance to buy in to a good live chance here .

as for the other comments that are posted in this tread i think they should post them on other sites as most people dont do drugs as they say and is not nice to see posted .

hope that this answers any questions that was asked .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

this is a bit surreal. Does he have you guys on commission or something?

With all due respect to Al and his abilities as a poker player he is not Phil Ivey.

He is asking for OVER 50% juice on top of the tourney buyins !

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Anyone interested in buying a % of my WSOP tournaments will get a percentage of the buy in only. I'll pay for my own coke and hookers.
    And I'll send you a postcard............!!!..and buy you a tee-shirt.........and pray for you every day.

Any other requests considered!!!

maybe they're owed money and feel this is the best chance of getting it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

Al is quite the savvy businessman.
    If he can get away with it more power to him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

If people want to accept the offer, feel free, (I don't think he's forcing anyone to back him...) that is a savage juice though IMO.

More power to him if he can sell out. Fair fcuks I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Will you go guarantor if he welches? Do you know him and can vouch for his trustworthiness?

I like the idea of staking people and taking an interest but... 3rd hand via the internet is not a great way to do it.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement