Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSX install problems, please help.

• 19-04-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi guys, not sure if I have this in the right place so I'm gonna apologise now if I don't.
    So I'm having trouble re-installing FSX. I recently decided to do a fresh install of FSX as the game keep shutting down for no reason. I removed it with no problems but when I put the disk in to re-install, I get the autoplay prompt, I can hear the disc spin for a couple of seconds then nothing else happens. So if I open the FSX files and right click, and run as administrator I get an error saying 'windows cannot access the specified device, path or file, you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item'. I haven't changed any settings and I don't really want to mess with any thing as I'd probably balls some thing else up.
    Autoplay works fine installing other games or software, and the FSX disc works fine on another PC so there's obviously some thing wrong the PC I'm trying to re-installing it on.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers guys

Comments

Advertisement