Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭CoBo55

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about getting a 2 box set-up. My connection is in the hall with a cable to the hub. Would the two boxes need separate feeds from the connection point or would one cable be ok with a splitter at the end to each box? I'd like to have the logistics worked out before the install. I'll need co-ax to both boxes as I want live TV on both.

Anybody got a multi room that could help me with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Go this today and set it up with Harmony Hub and remote

Just wondering if anyone can find Virgin media favourites channels. I had to manually find them but could not find some channels

Also when flicking up the channels it still shows all the channels I don't have ie Sky Sports etc. So how can I change this so that these don't come up

Take it no voice options on the Harmony

Still messing around with it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I'm thinking about getting a 2 box set-up. My connection is in the hall with a cable to the hub. Would the two boxes need separate feeds from the connection point or would one cable be ok with a splitter at the end to each box? I'd like to have the logistics worked out before the install. I'll need co-ax to both boxes as I want live TV on both.
    In order to get live TV, you will need a coax connection to every 360 box. The 360 boxes can be connected to your router either via ethernet or WiFi.

Jonathan wrote: »
    In order to get live TV, you will need a coax connection to every 360 box. The 360 boxes can be connected to your router either via ethernet or WiFi.

I'll use the ethernet cable that's currently connected to the sky boxes from my switch. Would one co-ax cable from the entry point being split into two be ok for both boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Just wondering if anyone can find Virgin media favourites channels. I had to manually find them but could not find some channels

Also when flicking up the channels it still shows all the channels I don't have ie Sky Sports etc. So how can I change this so that these don't come up

Just setup a new profile and you can then decide what channels appear on it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I'll use the ethernet cable that's currently connected to the sky boxes from my switch. Would one co-ax cable from the entry point being split into two be ok for both boxes?
    Depends on signal strength. VM installer should be able to advise.

Jonathan wrote: »
    Depends on signal strength. VM installer should be able to advise.

The signal is very strong as the amplifier is outside my front door, the installer had to put a reducer on my connection point in the house when he was installing the BB.

Armonline wrote: »
    Just setup a new profile and you can then decide what channels appear on it

Cheers managed to figure this out

Favourite channels saved on Harmony remote pity no voice activation using harmony remote

Still messing around with box

Set up profile with list of favourite channels

So set this as default profile to start when TV turns on. However it keeps on opening up with shared profile.

I'm not using 360 remote but harmony elite.

Anyone experiencing this

I got the box over Christmas and installed it myself. But the channel numbers don't match:

https://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_channels_on_Virgin_Media_(Ireland)

whereas the old Horizon box did. Not a big deal but just wondering if it's the same for others? For example BBC Two SD is on CH 709 which I find odd. I wonder did I mess something up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭Delta2113

BBC Two HD is on 109 which I find great. I don't want SD at all if it was possible to have every channel HD.
    Anyway none off this matters because you can set it up exactly as you want.

1 BBC2 SD
    2 RTE1 HD
    3 QVC
    4 Sky News HD

However you like. You can re-arrange it all and so can your wife or kids etc. Your line ups can all be saved separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Got deal from virgin ..free 360 box and 69 for BB and basic tv. New box arrived today but want to wait to connect at weekend. Typical, have BB and tv outage today . Its as if they waited for us to commit to another year and pulled plug..message when i try to view recordings is you do not have a subscription to view the program. Theres no way they've disabled the horizon box i suppose? Should've gotten seperate companies for tv and BB as at least both wouldn't be down at same time

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

seefin wrote: »
    Got deal from virgin ..free 360 box and 69 for BB and basic tv. New box arrived today but want to wait to connect at weekend. Typical, have BB and tv outage today . Its as if they waited for us to commit to another year and pulled plug..message when i try to view recordings is you do not have a subscription to view the program. Theres no way they've disabled the horizon box i suppose? Should've gotten seperate companies for tv and BB as at least both wouldn't be down at same time

You're going to have to hook up the new box,they disabled my old one and had to set up the new one that same day.Wouldnt work and kept getting error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

If you sign.up to beast bundle is there a new modem?

You're going to have to hook up the new box,they disabled my old one and had to set up the new one that same day.Wouldnt work and kept getting error message.

They can feck off. New contract doesnt start until 18th March and had a few series recorded on the old box. Ill contact them tomorrow. Id told girl on phone that didnt want it to start until old contract ended..At least know what happen. Thanks

Is the tv guide on the 360 box more user friendly and readable than on horizon box ? I used use old sky box to check tv guide to see if anything wanted to record as the horizon guide was so unser unfriendly. No matter where set the increments( eg 90minutes) couldnt easily see what was on that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lisathecat

I upgraded from the Horizon to the 360 box as I was out of contract- got a great deal 9 months half price, then 94 per month after that (mix tv, 250 MB broadband and phone) as I threatened to go to sky.
    Have to say the 360 experience is a million times better than the horizon. The voice control is quick, the picture is better and replay tv for 7 days on loads of channels. It's way better and would recommend the upgrade from a horizon set up, especially as the virgin broadband for me is reliable and fast, and I was unsure about sky's broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lisathecat

seefin wrote: »
    Is the tv guide on the 360 box more user friendly and readable than on horizon box ? I used use old sky box to check tv guide to see if anything wanted to record as the horizon guide was so unser unfriendly. No matter where set the increments( eg 90minutes) couldnt easily see what was on that evening.

Yes very much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

I've noticed Sky Comedy which is not included in my plan now lets me watch replay. So If I try to watch it live it says "we are setting things up and this channel will be available soon" but I can go to any program aired previously and watch that! Anyone else have this. And my Discovery HD channel now works!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what is the new modem like with tv360? can i plug a separate router into it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Kurn wrote: »
    I've noticed Sky Comedy which is not included in my plan now lets me watch replay. So If I try to watch it live it says "we are setting things up and this channel will be available soon" but I can go to any program aired previously and watch that! Anyone else have this. And my Discovery HD channel now works!

Sky Comedy works fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Can anyone confirm if the multiroom box operates over Wi-Fi or if it needs to be hard wired to the coaxial cable.

I don't have a coaxial cable in the second location nor do i want to run a cable to this room.

Can it operate "wireless"?

I obviously know it needs power and HDMI so not truly wireless but wireless to receive the TV signal

eoinf wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the multiroom box operates over Wi-Fi or if it needs to be hard wired to the coaxial cable.

I don't have a coaxial cable in the second location nor do i want to run a cable to this room.

Can it operate "wireless"?

I obviously know it needs power and HDMI so not truly wireless but wireless to receive the TV signal

Answers to questions here are scarce, as far as I know to watch live TV the box must be connected via co-ax. The wirelessly connected box can watch recordings on the co-ax connected box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭Delta2113

On Demand and your recordings will work fine - you just won't have any Live Tv.

You could start a recording on your main box and within seconds start watching it on your multiroom box as a work around so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Delta2113 wrote: »
    On Demand and your recordings will work fine - you just won't have any Live Tv.

You could start a recording on your main box and within seconds start watching it on your multiroom box as a work around so to speak.

Thanks not really asolution.

Sky is fully wireless. I will go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

Sky Comedy works fine for me.

It's not in the basic plan. I'm not supposed to have it, just thought it was odd I can watch it if I got back an hour - that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭timfinnegan

Does anyone have an email address for Virgin Media?

i have sent an email to cancel@virginmedia.ie, but it only sends automated responses. The Company has their own inhouse complaints form, but I would rather a solid chain of evidence of correspondence sent, as I could see my case going to court. I received eamils from them regarding bills not paid, but can't rep;y to these addresses.

I cancelled my Virgin TV on the 28th December 2020 and received an automated response stating that I would be charged uo to the 28th January, but they have billed me for February and March. I cancelled all my Virgin media services on the 3rd February and their Co took away the Horizon box and modem on the 1st March, but they have charged me for a TV sub and broadband for the whole of March, even though their Company took away the hardware equipment.

I find their customer service team to be appalling. I rang a couple of times and was waiting over 40 minutes to speak to people in broken English, who were unable to answer my cancellation issues. Their whatsapp service is even worse, so this is why I'd like an email address. I've cancelled my Direct Debits to them and they are charging me late payment fees for a service I'm not getting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Does anyone have an email address for Virgin Media?

I had an issue recently and was using customer.support@virginmedia.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭timfinnegan

I had an issue recently and was using customer.support@virginmedia.ie

Brilliant thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Samson1

Quick question. Can you get Virgin Media 360 TV if you don't have Virgin Broadband? If you have a different broadband provider ???

Advertisement