Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup no longer on Eir (via BT Sport)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The prices have been released. Existing Sky Sports customers have to pay an extra €10 per month for the first 6 months rising to €20 after that.
    Non Sky Sports customers can get BT and Premier without Sky Sports for €17 per month rising to €34 per month after 6 months.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/sky-sports-bt-sport-and-premier-sport-could-cost-92-per-month-1.3965907

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The prices have been released. Existing Sky Sports customers have to pay an extra €10 per month for the first 6 months rising to €20 after that.
    Non Sky Sports customers can get BT and Premier without Sky Sports for €17 per month rising to €34 per month after 6 months.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/sky-sports-bt-sport-and-premier-sport-could-cost-92-per-month-1.3965907

Better than I thought tbh bloody eir sport not being part of it is annoying

Hopefully Premier sport will carry some of the irish pro 14 games

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Eir need to drop their price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I wonder will get every get to a subscription / stream service where you just sign up for Pro 14, Champions Cup? I've little to no interest in the other sports on these packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

aloooof wrote: »
    I wonder will get every get to a subscription / stream service where you just sign up for Pro 14, Champions Cup? I've little to no interest in the other sports on these packages.

Doubt it. At the moment the idea is for them to get exclusive rights to certain competitions and then you have to pay for the entire package even if you don't want to watch certain sports. They'll always make more money that way, market is too small for them to split it out for the competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Be careful what you wish for on that front, LaLiga effectively took that gamble with Eleven Sports last season and lost dramatically.

Indeed think of a world where the Six Nations, Rugby Championship, Rugby World Cup, Heineken Cup, Pro14, Premiership Rugby, Top14, Super Rugby - all had their own steaming services with their own individual prices. Then think that many sports fans are fans of more than one sport all of which have their own sets of competitions. Really a better world?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

To get a basic Sky sub and then the BT add on will cost a pretty penny. I'll be looking at Rugby Pass and/or other services.
    Also I have eir for the land line at the moment but that's definitely going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Does Rugby Pass show all Champions Cup & Pro14 matches or just a selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Kevski

It shows all of them live, and also allows you too watch back full games too. It shows Super Rugby, Premiership and The Rugby Championship too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

I'm guessing with rugby pass, you also need a VPN?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

crisco10 wrote: »
    I'm guessing with rugby pass, you also need a VPN?

Yep will be geolocked in Iteland and anywhere else Rugbypass don't have the broadcast rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭PMC83

Anyone hear of anything regarding adding BT to Virgin? Looks like it won't be a runner:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Not happening apparently, for reasons which likely have little to do with rugby and more to do with the UEFA Champions League which is VM Sport’s flagship property. The only wholesale deal announced is with Vodafone, while eir have made noises about doing a wholesale deal but nothing concrete has been announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Paid TV has jumped the shark. Too many operators each trying their own slice of the pie. What will ultimately happen is that sports fans will decide not to bother as no package will come near to covering the sports they want sufficiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭PMC83

icdg wrote: »
    Not happening apparently, for reasons which likely have little to do with rugby and more to do with the UEFA Champions League which is VM Sport’s flagship property. The only wholesale deal announced is with Vodafone, while eir have made noises about doing a wholesale deal but nothing concrete has been announced.

Such a pity! Would happily pay for it if I could

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭legohouse

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/offers
    BT Sports is now available on the NowTV app.
    €17pm for 3 months. Will cover you for all the pool matches anyway
    or €30pm if you include the regular sky sports package for Premier league

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

legohouse wrote: »
    https://www.nowtv.com/ie/offers
    BT Sports is now available on the NowTV app.
    €17pm for 3 months. Will cover you for all the pool matches anyway
    or €30pm if you include the regular sky sports package for Premier league
    Thanks, that great.

Just some advice, a "month" according to NowTV is 30 days.
    So to get all six rounds of the Championship, don't sign up until next Tuesday 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Do Virgin Media have one game a week they can show on FTA and if they do then what games are they showing in the first 4 rounds before Christmas?

Do Virgin Media have one game a week they can show on FTA and if they do then what games are they showing in the first 4 rounds before Christmas?
    1. Bath v Ulster
    2. Saracens v Ospreys
    3. Northampton v Leinster
    4. Leinster v Northampton
    5. Ospreys v Saracens

No info for round 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Now tv has sky sports and bt for €30 p/m for 3 months. Offer ends around the 22nd of November.

• Advertisement

Now tv has sky sports and bt for €30 p/m for 3 months. Offer ends around the 22nd of November.
    79-Slowpoke.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19 steam iron

Is it possible to record matches on a VM dvr from Now TV.

I am seriously technically inept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭kooga

Like the previous posts above trying to maximize my viewing while minimizing the cost

Can anybody recall whether the 2019 final was shown live on either Ch4 or Virgin media?

going to sign up for the full sports pack with sky on friday as it is €30 pm for 6 months v BT/PS which is €34 pm

But will probably cancel after round 6 in Jan and look to get it in for a month for the Q/F and S/F April/May

It would be great if the final was FTA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

steam iron wrote: »
    Is it possible to record matches on a VM dvr from Now TV.

No, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

kooga wrote: »
    Can anybody recall whether the 2019 final was shown live on either Ch4 or Virgin media?

Yep, it was

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ASBO

Please excuse if there is a recent thread/post on this.. Can anybody summarise what tv package you need to follow the pro 14 and champions cup (mainly interested in following the Irish provinces). Currently have sky broadband and tv package.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

ASBO wrote: »
    Please excuse if there is a recent thread/post on this.. Can anybody summarise what tv package you need to follow the pro 14 and champions cup (mainly interested in following the Irish provinces). Currently have sky broadband and tv package.

You need Eir sports for Pro 14 and you need the Sky Sport Extra pack to get BT for the Champions Cup. Obviously there'll be Friday night free to air Pro14 games (mainly Connacht) on TG4 and one CC game on Virgin every round, but you'll need to pay two subscriptions to get the majority of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭kooga

Pro 14 = Eir

champions cup = BT

ASBO wrote: »
    Getting the Sky Sports Extra package from Nowtv aswell as BT for Europe, also gives you Premier Sports 1 & 2 who as far as I can see show all of Pro14 games.
    Munster v Ulster was on Premier Sports 2 last weekend.

No need to get Eir Sport also if you don't already have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

I went the Now TV route. I pay 15 euro a month for the next 3 months. Watch BT and Premier Sport for the Rugby.
    After that back to 'other means'.

Advertisement